3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   Don't look Down....WOW :-/ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/242979-dont-look-down-wow.html)

twinmommaplusone 09-13-2011 01:47 PM

Don't look Down....WOW :-/

I love being fit and thinner. I love how sexy I feel and how flat I look when I lay down on my back and when looking straight down I can see no fat rolls and can see my va-jay-jay, lol. Nice! right! Well I don't know why I never noticed but last week I'm laying there and I look at my hips and my extra skin and the extr flab that still yet to be tossed is rolled off to the sides like waves ....omg....so devestating to the EGO. I had NO idea, how ingnorant of me. I hate it. Why I had not noticed this before now? My husband assures me it's fine and he finds me sexy but still.....the desire for this tummy tuck is bigger than ever.

Thanks for the Vent!

wibblewobble 09-13-2011 03:19 PM

Its always upsetting when you notice new "quirks" about your body. I suffer from stretch marks and while I am aware of the problem on my thighs I recently realized that they run on the outside of my thighs as well. It really upset me. They're everywhere! I want to get them lasered to reduce their appearance but I don't even know if that works...haven't ever met anyone who has had it.

How long have you been at your current weight? It sometimes takes a while for the skin to tighten up...it depends on age and genetics. So maybe wait it out for 6 months and see if there is a change? Congrats on your loss!

cherrypie 09-13-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinmommaplusone (Post 4031070)
I love how ... how flat I look when I lay down on my back and when looking straight down I can see no fat rolls and can see my va-jay-jay,
Thanks for the Vent!

:lol: I love that

linJber 09-13-2011 09:37 PM

I know how you feel. You have lost a lot more weight than I have, but I have just started to see all the bagginess in my skin. Fortunately, it can all be covered with 3/4 length sleeves or knee length shorts. We work hard to get where we are, and then the reality of the situation hits us. I think we just have to give ourselves a bit of time to get used to the new look. I'm a lot older than you, so my feelings about how I should look are different from your feeling about how you should look. Thankfully, even with baggy arms and thighs, I don't look much different from others my age, even those who didn't lose a lot of weight! It's just a fact of life.

You look absolutely beautiful in your photo. That is what the world sees. So much better than when you were over 300 pounds, don't you think? And when I lay on my back, everything is also smooth - so smooth that my boobs now completely disappear. We all have our difficult moments! I guess accepting them is all part of the process. You look fantastic and are an inspiration. Don't let a little loose skin get you down. Listen to your husband - he is a wise and kind man.

Lin

milmin2043 09-13-2011 11:03 PM

I think all of us big losers can relate to this. I feel for you. I understand exactly what you're going through. I do agree that with time, the loose skin seems to tighten up, or maybe we just get more used to it? I also think that you look wonderful, and please, please, don't let this take away from the fact that you have lost 155 FREAKIN' POUNDS! That is absolutely amazing and should be treated as such!!

I have also considered plastic surgery, but honestly, it hasn't gone any further than thinking, because hubby and I can't afford it. But, I am not going to give you any opinions about it one way or the other. If you can afford it, and it would make you feel great about yourself, I say to go for it. We each have to make ourselves happy. You've done an amazing job!!

Glory87 09-14-2011 02:54 AM

Yeah, I think I look pretty good, standing in front of the mirror, tummy sucked in. Oooh, if I raise my arms, my ribs show. Nice.

Then, I do something like catch myself bending over and my big loose tummy is all bleeehhhhh and out there and damn...

Quickly stand up, suck in, twist to the side - oh yeah, looks good!

runningfromfat 09-14-2011 06:23 AM

:hug:

I've had the lovely extra/funny skin on my stomach since the beginning thanks to pregnancy. I'm really thinking about getting a tummy tuck eventually but since we want more kids it probably won't be for awhile. In the meantime I wear a lot of tummy control underwear and try to ignore it as best as I can. I'm sooooo much happier with my current body than I was at my highest so I focus on that. ;)

milmin2043 09-14-2011 09:05 PM

glory-honestly you crack me up!!
That sounds exactly like what I do!!
LOL

imperialistic 09-23-2011 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 4031773)
Yeah, I think I look pretty good, standing in front of the mirror, tummy sucked in. Oooh, if I raise my arms, my ribs show. Nice.

Then, I do something like catch myself bending over and my big loose tummy is all bleeehhhhh and out there and damn...

Quickly stand up, suck in, twist to the side - oh yeah, looks good!

Hahaha exactly!

melodymist 09-23-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 4031773)

OOOOOOOHHH! I want that :) hehe