Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #16  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Wow. That's is an awesome gift to you(ahem, and himself)...

I wish I could do something like that but I can't have anything invasive done that isn't medically necessary. I am wondering about thermage and hoping that I can at least have that.

Your post did get me thinking tho....I don't have any long range rewards in mind for when I real goal except a "maybe" reward "if" I can get thermage...and "maybe" isn't quite fair to myself....I need a real reward awaiting me....no one ever goes to an award ceremony where there "might" be rewards "if"....

Sorry for going off on a tangent but your post really pointed out a huge flaw in my plan and I thank you!

I need to go set some definite rewards for all this hard work I have been doing!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I wanted those things too. My husband also offered them and mentions them from time to time. For whatever reason, I have changed my mind. I guess I have decided for the moment I am happy enough with me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #18  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

I may get a tummy tuck/lift to repair post baby body. Not sure if I'll end up wanting one though.

I think it's a great motivator to have a reward at the end of your trek. My DH wants to buy a Harley once he's done and maintained his weight for a while. I'm excited for him to reach his goal.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow that is amazing! I am too paranoid to get an elective surgery done, but I know it would really be worth it in the long run! I HATE my tummy, I'm just hoping as I get smaller it will tighten up with time- it looks like a big, saggy peppermint!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #20  

Height: 5'5

just some advice to those planning on having babies. I have two kids and nursed each for at least a year. My boobs looked pretty much the same when I finished as when I started. My secret was wear a bra that fits 24 hours a day. Those girls are working hard and need support.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #21  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Wow! lucky you!

I don't know if I would ever go in for elective surgery, but I haven't had any kids yet. My stomach isn't the greatest right now (probably from a lifetime of obesity—I have the two stomachs thing going right now still), but I'm still a ways from goal so I'm not sure if it will flatten out.

I also don't know if it is wise to have a tummy tuck BEFORE I have kids. That's one of the things I would want to wait until after I'm done having kids for.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote