Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-21-2011, 02:12 PM   #1  
RKS

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'5

Default 260 lbs and 2 tummys :(

I am 23 yrs old and i weight 260 lbs. I have 2 tummys. I have seen pics on this site and a lot of girls my age and weight have one big round tummy. I have 2!! there is a crease along my belly button that separates them. and my tummy fat is not firm at all...its jiggly. I am planning to start my weight loss regime tomorrow, I just want to know will I ever get rid of these two flabby tummys ? has anyone else had a 2 flabby tummy that turned into one after weight loss?
RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/228/135

Height: 5'6"

I have that too. I wonder why some people have it and some don't?
GAJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I have two, and I once read that it is from wearing clothing that is tight at the waist for many years. When I was in college, in the 1970s, that was the style, and I could carry it off. I have been up and down in weight for years since then, and perhaps wore too many tight waistlines.

I gave the article to my skinny-mini one tummy daughter-in-law to keep in mind with my baby granddaughter.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #4  
Determined

Location: Initial goal was 150ish. Kept adjusting down to 135. Recently set new goal to 125! BMI Normal Weight!

S/C/G: 185.5 / 132 / 125

Height: 5 feet exactly

At 185 I had two tummys also. I still have the noticeable indented crease in that area, and when I sit it is still obvious. I'm hoping as I lose more, it will decrease more, but I am betting it might never go away totally. As MonicaM said, it probably is the result of wearing tight waistlines, I've been guilty of that for about the last 10-15 years. I like my jeans tight!
whiteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I have that too! I consider the top one my muffin top or my 'front-handle' and the bottom one my pooch. I had always assumed that the rift between the two was due to having a well defined waist. Now, I'm not so sure.
megmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #6  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i used to have that two-tummy thing when i wore tight jeans at my waist...i wore that for years and then changed when i got pregnant with my second son...i HATED anything on my belly and began wearing yoga pants that cut below my tummy...surprisingly after his birth i still didnt like tight jeans at the waist anymore and continued to wear yoga pants below the tummy...i didnt have that two-tummy look after that, instead it was just one tummy and its continued to be like that because i still prefer yoga pants over jeans
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

I had that!
It's gone. I have a tiny bump above my belly button I'm always working on, but other than that, my tummy is pretty flat.
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #8  
RKS

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8yk View Post
I had that!
It's gone. I have a tiny bump above my belly button I'm always working on, but other than that, my tummy is pretty flat.
What did you do to get rid of it?
RKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

At 120lbs I still have a faint horizontal line bisecting at my bellybutton. When I bend my torso in, it folds there. It used to be the crease separating the top and bottom roll when I was bigger. I think it's just depends on how people are shaped if they have this or not. I still have that bottom pooch under my belly button, but the top is flatter. Still, when I draw my knees up, that's just where my tummy creases to create a top tummy and a bottom tummy.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

RKS,
nothing special- ate less, ate a clean healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies, and a lot of exercise. No secrets Also lost the weight slowly. Fat is just fat. You can't lose specific fat. You only lose it overall. So no matter what they try to sell us, you simply have to lose weight overall and eventually it will come from the "problem" areas. This pictures shows it disappearing pretty clearly:
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I was a 2-tummy (roll) person at my high weight and in fact, I had a third proto-roll that was forming below my breasts and above the top tummy roll. I've seen a thread with other folks commenting that they had three or even four rolls.

I am not sure what causes it... maybe it has something to do with skin (I had a large pregnancy). I don't think I wore particularly tight-waisted clothes (normally), but I did wear "mom jeans" instead of low risers, so there was some waist pinching.

As I lost weight, I lost rolls from the top, starting with the third proto-roll, then the top abdomen (there was a ghost of a pooch for a while but it seems gone now) and lastly the bottom (there is still a little pooch there, but I think it has more to do with skin than fat).
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #12  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I've got it (them!) too! Although miraculously I seem to be losing weight there first - I've lost 5 inches off it so far, but only 3 inches off my hips. I hope it keeps shrinking - I really want my boobs to stick out farther than my belly someday!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

Guilty. I have two tummys too... i do think mine has to do with loose skin from losing lots of weight and gaining it back... i hate my stomach prob more than anything else... i would rather have a round single one than two separate ones.. ugh
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #14  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Me too. I could see it being from years of wearing tight-waisted pants - I didn't have it when I was an overweight high school student. It seems to have developed over time.

I'm really hoping it goes away as I lose weight, though at my previous lowest (149), I still had a bit of the front muffin. I'll probably have to go a good chunk lower than that to get rid of it.
2sw33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 324/268/140

Height: 5'2"

Haha! Good question I have a double belly too. I used to let the idea of not having a perfect body impede my weight loss. Now I just want to get the weight off I'll deal with any consequences once the weight is off.
Armida is offline   Reply With Quote