Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

You do have a "sister size" in bras. Basically, you go up a cup size and down a band size. So if you normally wear a 36C, your sister size would be a 34D.

However, that doesn't really explain why your physical boobs would feel larger. But I've noticed more than once when losing weight, my boobs feel like they are larger. I've never figured out why, but at least you know you're not crazy
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #17  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

Ugh, I feel for you, I'm a 40 DDD... and do NOT like them this big!

But anyway... could be that you're working out your chest muscles. Or maybe you're PMSing, or perhaps your hormones got triggered by weight loss and work out? I don't know. But I hope it's nothing unbearable. I could donate half of my boobs to someone with A cups and still be curvy!
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #18  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Are you eating more soy? Perhaps more salad dressings that contain soybean oil. (It's in almost every salad dressing) Soy is often used as an estrogen replacement therapy because of it's estrogen like properties. It also mimics estrogen like side effects. The increased use of Soy is thought to be one of the reason girls are entering puberty (and experiencing breast growth) at younger and younger ages... BTW, I have nothing against soybeans, we have 80 acres of them planted on the farm. I do know that soy is also one of the main ingredients in the various "breast enhancement" pills on the market.

I don't know, just a though.
Thanks for the soy info....quite interesting. It doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss, but I have always had big ones. I wouldn't mind them reducing down a bit though.
Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #19  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

I've been going through something similar, but I've always had larger boobs. For the most part I have lost in my bust, smaller band size but same cup size. Just recently after taking my measurements I had noticed I gained half an inch! I think it had to do with my bra more than my boobs, like someone had mentioned with the different brands of bras. I HAD bought a new bra, same size I've been wearing, but a different fit and much more supportive. I noticed even my posture had changed because of having the more supportive bra.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #20  
redemption.

S/C/G: 260/239/230

apparently mine are getting smaller considering how my bras are getting bigger.
hopefully they don't get too small.
sinfuldays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:05 AM   #21  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

I reckon that the Bra companies have changed their sizings.
Just to much around with our heads.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #22  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

I've lost weight, and although my breast size hasn't changed, they seem bigger to me. Probs in proportion to everything else! But, oh gosh, I have been eating a lot of soy lately. O_o Really hoping that it has been having no other affects on my body besides calorie, protein & such.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #23  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I know this is an old thread but I've gone through this to some extent, beyond the obvious things like PMS/ovulation/pregnancy/birth control, I have found that the follow have changed my perceptions of my breasts:

- making sure underbust=band size. Getting a tight enough band has given my breasts more lift, which makes them look bigger. Otherwise they were really droopy before and actually looked smaller

- losing weight elsewhere. Now that I have smaller arms/stomach (although they're no where near petite!) my bust seems to stand out more

- paying more attention to clothing choices. I wear more fitted clothes now that shows off my waist, which means my bust stands out more

- it could also be due to breast migration. If you're wearing too small cups and too big band than the breast tissue can migrate to your underarms/back. If you start wearing a correctly fitting bra and putting it on correctly (i.e. making sure that you lift the breasts into the cups) than your breasts can appear bigger

- different types of bras. Even though I'm a 30GG/H, I've managed to find some great push-up bras (Ewa Michalak) and it does make me appear larger than some of the other bras. It also gives me enough lift that it makes my waist seem smaller too.

- due to a time when I was losing a lot in my band but not in the cups I went up in my cup size for awhile and so they definitely appeared larger (even though they weren't)
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote