Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 11-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #1  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Default Thunder Thighs and Shorties Unite! A question for the goalies!

So, I'm not at goal yet, but it's constantly there - in the back of my mind. I have a question for those of you who are 5'2" (or around there) and have made it to goal/are close to goal.

Do the thunder thighs ever go away? Will my thighs ever not rub together?

I mix it up a lot in my workout routines. I do pilates, run (C25K), walk, dance, etc and the lower part of my thighs shrank a lot since I started. I know we all loose differently, I just wanted to know if the upper thighs will eventually join in with the lower and not touch when I walk? Or at least not cause that awful thigh rash...

ETA: Just thought I'd mention that on the bottom I'm fitting into size M/L pants and sizes 12 and some small 14s.

Last edited by platformnine; 11-21-2009 at 07:52 PM.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/152/105

Height: 5'1"

I still feel like my thighs are disproportionately bigger than my upper half but the rubbing did disappear so you can definitely look forward to that

I never thought it would actually happen since I can remember the chub rub happening to me even in middle school but around 125-130 my legs were no longer smushing together.

You might get there a lot sooner than I did too based on the size you're wearing and you're an inch taller than me.
When I was at your weight, I was could barely squeeze into a 16.
Dalgishake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I think this totally depends on your figure.

I, just like my mother, have wide set hips. It didn't take long for there to be air where skin used to touch. I know other people who have lost a lot of weight and because of how their legs are set, their thighs still touch. It's just a big game of "it depends".

Edit: Oh, and my mother is 5'0 and we have the exact same figure. I'm just the taller version I do think figure/structure is more relevant than height where this is concerned.

Last edited by junebug41; 11-21-2009 at 10:15 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

It really depends on your figure. I tend to have thick thighs. I am 115 pounds, wear size 0 to 2 and my thighs don't have alot of sunlight between them even at this weight. They no longer rub together but its definitely not the picture that I'd hoped for, LOL
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #5  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I also second (or third, or fourth) the "figure" comment. It's really just how you are built.

I am 5'2" and VERY pear shaped. Almost all my weight sits in my thighs and butt. I am 126-127ish right now, and my thighs still touch, but I don't get that irritating "chub rub" anymore. I used to never be able to wear shorts or skirts because I would get all chafed on my inner thighs. (I actually used to have to throw jeans out because I would develop holes in the inner thigh area). I don't get that anymore, but my thighs still touch at the very top when I am standing normally. I do have wide hips though, so I am hoping as I continue to lose, that EVENTUALLY they won't touch anymore. But who knows if that's even possible.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #6  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Yup, depends on your shape. I'm 5'2" and average around 113 pounds right now -- and am still a pear. (just a smaller one!). Whatever fat I still have remains firmly attached to my thighs. On the bright side, the thighs no longer rub and I can wear summer dresses with no hose comfortably. Jeans look just fine. I've done a lot of running and strength training over the last 2 years in maintenance, and that helps a lot to firm and tone the muscles underneath. Now I have thick, strong, muscular legs and calves underneath a modest layer of fat.

I always wished for the long lean skinny legs look -- but realistically, never gonna happen. But that's OK. No matter what your body shape, no one is going to be perfect - and what is perfect anyway? That's very subjective. Maybe I'm still a pear, but I'm a much smaller, healthier, and more functional "pear" than I used to be and I'll take it!
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm actually TALL, but I just thought I'd second the hip thing. I actually have small hips... my waist to hip ratio is like .82 even though my BMI is like 20. And... my thighs still touch. They don't chafe but they do touch. They might always touch. I think that's just a thing about having narrow hips. Are yours narrow or wideset? That might make a difference in your final outcome (although you can't predict it for sure, obviously!)
Sorry for being tall and intruding on your... "short" thread, by the way.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

I am 5'2" and my i do carry weight in my midsection/butt/thighs and my thighs did used to chafe a bit but they don't anymore (my highest weight ever was around 160) and i think below about 145 they didn't anymore.

But they still touch- i will never have thin thighs i don't think, just depends on your body type! But i really don't care anymore since it is not painful, i can wear skirts with bare legs no problem...
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

keep working out and you will get your body into its best shape. i have lost about 40lbs, but i still have the same shape. i am hoping my calves slim down, they are just so big. i am beginning to wonder if that is just my shape. look at charolette from sex and the city, she is so thin, but have huge calves too. you can't change your natural body shape, just make it look the best it can. embrace your shape!
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

Up this thread !

At my highest weight of 120 (I'm 5"3) my thighs rubbed akwardly and uncomfortably. At 110, they rubbed less but they still touched (with knees together). At 107, they still touched a little bit on the top... And at 105 lbs, magic ! They don't touch anymore with knees together. They don't rub anymore. Thanks weight loss ! It took me a while to get there. If I take 2 lbs they'll touch... its between those 2 lbs ! (105 and 107 lbs)
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote