Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #91  

Height: 5'5"

I've been reading through this thread and just wanted to say, I have lost two dear friends to breast cancer. One had a single mastectomy and the other a double. Both of them endured a lot of painful treatment and died anyway. I myself had a lumpectomy but thank God it wasn't cancer. When you are hating your breasts, I say be happy you still have them and they are healthy, no matter what shape they look like. Didn't want to be a downer, just putting this into perspective ...
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Paula, very well said.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #93  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Thanks PaulaM! I think we ALL needed to hear that. Ya...my sister had a scare last year and ended up having to get a lumpectomy that turned out not to be cancerous. We are sooooo thankful for that. During her scare, I learned so much about the disease and it was scary to learn how many woman actually get it! Again...thanks for posting this.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote