3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss-219/)
-   -   Boobs after weight loss? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/144795-boobs-after-weight-loss.html)

Fat Melanie 06-25-2008 03:07 PM

Boobs after weight loss?

I've read the stuff about shrinking boobs, too, but my question is a bit different.

When I was in my late teens still and not overweight, just healthy & hip-py, my boobs weren't really big, I had just barely graduated to a B at 17.

Well when I gained all of this weight, I got bigger boobs. Not that big or anything, they went up to a C. Then I got pregnant, and they became D's. Now they're shrinking again (and they're floppy and they hang and it's gross and I'm only 22, I don't deserve this, God why! Why! lol).

Anyhow my question is, after I lose all the weight I intend on losing, will they go back to my original size, a B? Or will they get even SMALLER? Is that the price of weight loss, that they become even smaller??? I once read that you start losing weight in your boobs first.

Can anyone explain?

Also, question number 2, will they also be saggy from stretching out and becoming bigger, then becoming smaller?

KLK 06-25-2008 03:19 PM

I don't have the facts on this or anything, but I don't think everyone starts losing weight in the breasts first... I dropped 75lbs and my boobs are the same size as they were (I stayed a D cup, thought my band size decreased a lot). I think it's a very individualized thing. I once read, in fact, that of ANY human body part, breasts vary the most in size, shape, consistency, etc.

What you might want to do is look into exercises that can firm up and develop the muscles under the breasts -- they won't have any effect on your boobage itself, but developing the muscles underneath will make them look bigger and less floppy.

Glory87 06-25-2008 03:27 PM

I haven't had a pregnancy and I was 35 when I lost weight. My boobs have never been particularly perky. I went from a 42DD to a 34D. Although I am a D cup, I look smallish on top. My boobs are pretty saggy as a result of the weight loss, like a tennis ball in a sweat sock.

I am the smallest I have ever been as an adult, so I can't really say if they got smaller than I would have been if I had never gained/lost weight.

Sometimes, it's depressing but I remind myself I look FABULOUS in clothes with a good quality bra. The only person (besides me) that sees them bare seems to like them very much :)

UrsusMaritimus 06-25-2008 03:44 PM

Wow, I hope my boobs get smaller, saggy or not. I'm so tired of my DDs. They're always in the way.

Fat Melanie 06-25-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLK (Post 2241897)
I don't have the facts on this or anything, but I don't think everyone starts losing weight in the breasts first... I dropped 75lbs and my boobs are the same size as they were (I stayed a D cup, thought my band size decreased a lot).

You're lucky! (Though you might not agree, depending on the backpain, lol.)

Quote:

What you might want to do is look into exercises that can firm up and develop the muscles under the breasts -- they won't have any effect on your boobage itself, but developing the muscles underneath will make them look bigger and less floppy.
Thanks! *going immediately to Google*

Fat Melanie 06-25-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 2241914)
I haven't had a pregnancy and I was 35 when I lost weight. My boobs have never been particularly perky. I went from a 42DD to a 34D. Although I am a D cup, I look smallish on top. My boobs are pretty saggy as a result of the weight loss, like a tennis ball in a sweat sock.

I am the smallest I have ever been as an adult, so I can't really say if they got smaller than I would have been if I had never gained/lost weight.

Sometimes, it's depressing but I remind myself I look FABULOUS in clothes with a good quality bra. The only person (besides me) that sees them bare seems to like them very much :)

LOL, that's a good way to put it, tennis balls in a sweat sock. :D

Fat Melanie 06-25-2008 03:54 PM

UrsusMaritimus, I'll take 'em! When I lose all the weight I want to lose, that is. Then I'll be thin with big boobies! :D

KLK 06-25-2008 04:03 PM

Ha ha -- no, no back pain from my boobies (though finding good sports bras is hard).

Good luck finding some good workouts for those muscles -- if you find anything that seems effective, please post it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Melanie (Post 2241953)
You're lucky! (Though you might not agree, depending on the backpain, lol.)

Thanks! *going immediately to Google*

sunshower 06-25-2008 04:05 PM

My boobs have shrunk as a result of my weight loss. I'm 26 so this should depress me. But you know what? It doesn't! I started out with a C cup and now I'm hovering between a B and an A. I assume they'll be an A cup and ridiculously flabby and saggy looking by the time I make it to my goal. I'm slowly coming to terms with these things and I know that it's all part of the price I am paying for gaining weight--NOT for losing weight. Losing weight is the right thing for me and my body no matter what sags afterwards.

Besides, I have also come to discover that not only can I fit into the band sizes at Victoria Secret now but that they really do make incredible padded push up bras. :D

junebug41 06-25-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshower (Post 2241982)
My boobs have shrunk as a result of my weight loss. I'm 26 so this should depress me. But you know what? It doesn't! I started out with a C cup and now I'm hovering between a B and an A. I assume they'll be an A cup and ridiculously flabby and saggy looking by the time I make it to my goal. I'm slowly coming to terms with these things and I know that it's all part of the price I am paying for gaining weight--NOT for losing weight. Losing weight is the right thing for me and my body no matter what sags afterwards.

Besides, I have also come to discover that not only can I fit into the band sizes at Victoria Secret now but that they really do make incredible padded push up bras. :D

Uh, yeah. The Ultimate Plunge push up (Body by Victoria) is the best bra ever made.

And I second what LeeAnn said. Yeah, they got small (full C to barely a B), but I don't care! My sister has a huge chest and it gives her nothing but problems. Also, they were pretty saggy when I first hit goal, but 4 years later the skin has retained some elasticity and it doesn't bother me AT ALL.

mstigger 06-25-2008 04:43 PM

When I had my first baby, I started out a C cup and ended up a DD. After losing weight from baby #1, I ended up a D cup. With baby #2, I went to a DDD, ended up at a DD after losing weight. Now, 19 years later (baby # 1 turns 19 this Saturday) I am a DDD. I had gained weight during the 15 years after having baby #2, and I obviously gained in my boobs. Now, after losing about 15 lbs, boobs are smaller, but cup size has stayed the same. I have gone down to a 34DDD from a 36DDD :D

All that being said, I noticed more sagging now as opposed to after having babies. I attribute most of the sagging to my age (I'm 40:() and muscle loss. I had quite a bit of upper body strength in my teens and early 20s (I was a gymnast). I am still pretty strong, but nowhere near what I was back then.

I do think that upper body strength helps with the sagging, but gravity and time does tend to counteract a lot of that!!

mescelestus 06-25-2008 06:03 PM

this is one of the things i am terrified about! i am only 19, and i have always had bigger boobs even at the start of puberty...(i'm asuming because i was always chubby) now i am a D-cup and i don't think they are big enough as they are. i wonder how my intended weight loss will affect them, but i doubt they will shrink to smaller than a C because my mother was very thin in her teens, and was a C cup. what do you all think about breast augmentation? (not the implant kind; the kind where they take the fat from other areas of your body and put it in your boobs)????

bargoo 06-25-2008 06:41 PM

Boobs ?? Are we supposed to have boobs ??

yoyonomoreinvegas 06-25-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 2242176)
Boobs ?? Are we supposed to have boobs ??

:rofl:

fiberlover 06-26-2008 09:07 AM

Hmmmm... boobs... what's that song?

"Swing low, sweet chariot..."