Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 06-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #31  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Wow... they're just bouncing all around? lol

There isn't any out of control boobage at my gym, but I do occasionally see this woman around the neighborhood, kind of heavyset, ALWAYS braless, with her boobs down to her waist... and HER SHIRT ONLY AN INCH BELOW HER WAIST! I just think, all this woman needs to do is lift her arms even the slightest bit and we will all be in Boobland. If she doesn't want to spend money on a bra, she should at least invest in some longer shirts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I've got a boob story for you ... we have an older woman gym member who won't wear a bra, despite having boobs to her waist. You truly can't watch her on the elliptical because it's just so painful to see her in action. So yesterday I read a story ( Victoria's Circuit) about powering your iPod with a sports bra, and in the article it says that a D cup in a low-support bra can travel 35 inches during exercise (!) This woman is in a NO bra and I'm wondering exactly how many inches she "travels" during exercise ...
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #32  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I've got a boob story for you ... This woman is in a NO bra and I'm wondering exactly how many inches she "travels" during exercise ...
OUCH! I can't even imagine! Even with two bras during aerobic activity, the girls bounce around pretty good - I would be in so much pain with no bra. I would probably hit myself in the nose with every step
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/130/115

Height: 5'0"

They are definatly not the same after 5 nursing babies, Then the 60 lb weight loss that followed. I like the tennis ball in sweatsock analogy! It is very funny, but very sad and true!!!
RNmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitsforfive View Post
I just roll them right up and gently place them in my H cup and I look all perky and such. Then, at the end of the day, I take off the bra, unroll the girls, and we all get a little rest for the night, me on my back, and my girls curled up on either side of me.
Ohmygod...that was funny.

I do think we all have to remember - we don't see a lot of regular naked boobies. The bare boobs we tend to see the most of are beautiful starlets with their boobs hauled up to the sky in formal wear or swimsuit models or images from Playboy. Most of those boobs are NOT REAL. Starlets use tape to get them up that high, swimsuit models and Playboy pictorials are photoshopped and airbrushed to the point of unreality.

And if we do see regular naked boobies (like changing at the gym), we don't tend to see them in "torpedo position" (hee) - that probably happens to a LOT of women.

I just don't want anyone to think their boobs look bad - I'm sure they look NORMAL, we just really don't know what normal is because we don't get to see other normal women very much naked (or at least I don't! ha).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #35  
Working My Way Back Down

What a nice "lighten up" thread to read on a dreary morning. My boobs have never shrunk much in cup size, though of course they have in band size. When I was at my lowest adult weight I was a 34 DD, at the highest a 40 D. I don't have back pain, but I do have significant grooves in my shoulders. I have always wanted to be smaller, but at 63 I don't see a breast reduction in my future.....

As for the lady at Meg's gym, ewwwww. My grandmother, who was born in 1894, and died in 1997, never wore a bra in her life! She was a normal sized woman, but like all the women in our family, pretty well endowed. Her boobs literally hung to her waist. I see lots of women who are wearing no bra, or very ill-fitting bras, and I want to drag them to a good bra-fitter. Makes you look so much better, imho!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #36  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Ohmygod...that was funny.

I do think we all have to remember - we don't see a lot of regular naked boobies. The bare boobs we tend to see the most of are beautiful starlets with their boobs hauled up to the sky in formal wear or swimsuit models or images from Playboy. Most of those boobs are NOT REAL. Starlets use tape to get them up that high, swimsuit models and Playboy pictorials are photoshopped and airbrushed to the point of unreality.

And if we do see regular naked boobies (like changing at the gym), we don't tend to see them in "torpedo position" (hee) - that probably happens to a LOT of women.

I just don't want anyone to think their boobs look bad - I'm sure they look NORMAL, we just really don't know what normal is because we don't get to see other normal women very much naked (or at least I don't! ha).
I see a ton of breasts and you are correct. (do we have a boob icon? )
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #37  
Meg

Actually we do, but I'm not sure it's allowed to be used publicly (OMG, I just typed "pubicly" -- obviously I'm way in the gutter today! )

Google "banana smilie boobs" and you'll find a plethora.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I'll probably feel like an idiot for asking, but what do bananas have to do with it?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I'm guessing it looks like this guy (gal?):

with boobies.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Ah, a banana with boobies. Women taking over the banana hammock, so to speak
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #41  
Meg

Exactly, Glory! Imagine a shimmying topless banana ...

There are dozens of banana smilies and many are R- and X-rated. It's quite ... remarkable.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #42  
No description available.

I've been educated in smilies. Who knew?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 165/132.5/125

Height: 5'4 3/4

my boobs went from a size e/f at 165 lbs to a d cup at 130 lbs.....i think that if your boobs have gotten bigger due to weight gain then they will definitely get smaller because of weight loss. i have a large chest anyway so the changes weren't completely drastic, but it was obvious that the weight i gained stretched my boobs out. now i find that my cup size is technically smaller, but my boobs need to be adjusted in the cup more often....like i'm just shoving extra flesh around in there to make the cups fit right....it's an annoying thing to deal with [golf balls in panty hose syndrome] but i wouldn't trade my weight loss in for perky boobies......

now a boob lift in the future....that's something i may consider.
BlueParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #44  
Nobody Leans on...

S/C/G: 279/165/142

Height: 5'2

I'm just a busty gal, regardless of my weight. At my highest I was a 46H (Goddess bra sizing), though I squeezed myself into ill-fitting LB bras. At 140 lbs I'm a 34F or DDD depending on the brand. They look exactly the same as before, though significantly smaller. Since they were always big I've gotten use to their appearance. They were never perky to begin with so as long as they look great in a bra, I'm okay with them looking kind of silly without one.
Sharkysmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

lol... this thread is funny!

on a serious note... if you gain weight in your boobs last you will lose weight their first. More than likely you will go back to the same size you were when you were at your lighter weight... however, as we age our hormones levels change... and that's what dictates how much boobs we have, or how our fat is distributed.

I've kept all my measurements since I was 18 and have remeasured myself at different weights, etc. Now that I'm at the same weight I was when I was in my early 20's I feel my boobs are smaller than they were back then, however the tape measure says they're the same. I feel that way about my hips too, but they're the same. They are definitely not as firm though.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote