Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Katy - if that is a current picture of you then I don't think you face is chubby!!!

I've actually been proportionally getting smaller. Eventhough my face is much smaller then it was it is still kindof chubby, my second chin is almost gone. I have "apple cheeks", but I also have dimples that I forgot about (they were hiding under all the fat), I use to have a round shaped face but not it's actually more of an ovel.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I lost weight in my face fairly quickly, by 30 lbs it was pretty dramatic - I got cheekbones!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

I am another chubby cheek person. I did notice within 4days a slimmer face due to reducing soduim intake.
Today, inadvertantly,
I did eat a 6 inch subway sandwich with a whopping 1530mg of sodium and my face puffed out just from that alone.

Maybe I am sensitive to sodium, but I had been trying to reduce sodium intake and noticed a big difference.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:59 AM   #19  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I was SO excited when I found my cheekbones for the first time in my adult life. I can't remember how much weight I lost before I noticed a change in my face, but I DO know that MOST of the change was in the last 6 months of my weight loss, so about the last 50lbs.

I have been VERY lucky that my face and neck have pretty much 'shrunk' back into shape. I have a little loose skin under my chin, but that is about all. Now, as far as the REST of my body goes, we won't even discuss that!

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #20  
Aww, look at the bunny!

S/C/G: 200/174/162

Height: 5' 9"

I never got bad enough that I had a double chin or anything, just jaw-line fat that makes my face seem bottom-heavy. One of my classmates noticed changes in my face last Tuesday, but I haven't really noticed it myself...I think we're slow to see changes in our own bodies, and that goes extra for the face. I still have too much fat there, but thinking about it, I certainly have fewer days when I take a look in the mirror and hate my jaw.
twistedhoneydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 257/257/200

Height: 5'10"

ZELMA-
You look just like Holly Hunter! I bet you hear that all the time. Great picture!
djamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #22  
hara hachi bu

I noticed a little bit of change after 50 pounds, a small double chin has disappeared and my cheeks are a bit more hollow. I have an oval-shaped face. When I compare my pictures from before I carried extra weight to now, I notice a big difference. Some people's faces change a ton after weight loss, some don't.

Zelma, I do love your new avatar pic!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 215/170/144

Height: 5'10"

My eyes look close together when I'm overweight because my face gets wide when it's naturally quite narrow. I've lost 23lbs and feel pretty without makeup again!
rocksplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #24  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

I seem to lose weight in the face very gradually. I can't wait until my double chin is gone.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

Since loosing weight, I've developed very pronounced nasolabial folds (the lines that go from nose to mouth). Apparently this is fairly common in people who lose a lot of weight. I'm really depressed and insecure about it-I'm only 28. As soon as I can afford it, I'm getting fillers.
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #26  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

That sounds hard to accept Mer du Japon! I know my face looks a little funny these days (yay cheek bones, boo loose skin that makes me look old) but I'm hoping it will settle down over time.

I wonder though if the look will decrease over time? If it's a skin thing, I've read that it can take up to two years for the skin to tighten up after weight loss. You are really young so I would think it should get better.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 167/138/123

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer du Japon View Post
Since loosing weight, I've developed very pronounced nasolabial folds (the lines that go from nose to mouth). Apparently this is fairly common in people who lose a lot of weight. I'm really depressed and insecure about it-I'm only 28. As soon as I can afford it, I'm getting fillers.
Yes I'm 24 and am starting to worry about this too. Especially since my dad took a half way goal shot of me and the lines were just so pronounced. Because I'm so insecure about my own I notice it a lot in other people too and in most weight loss cases so maybe I'm just being too harsh. But I'm definitely saving up for fillers and planning on getting it as soon as I'm at goal weight. It really can add years to your face.

One great thing about the weight loss though is my eyes are finally starting to pop out now that there's not so much fat around them and my face is starting to look rounder as I always carried my face fat in my jaw area for some reason causing actually a longer and skinnier looking face, which did not go well with my big body.

Last edited by Arnotts; 12-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Arnotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnotts View Post
Yes I'm 24 and am starting to worry about this too. Especially since my dad took a half way goal shot of me and the lines were just so pronounced. Because I'm so insecure about my own I notice it a lot in other people too and in most weight loss cases so maybe I'm just being too harsh. But I'm definitely saving up for fillers and planning on getting it as soon as I'm at goal weight. It really can add years to your face.

One great thing about the weight loss though is my eyes are finally starting to pop out now that there's not so much fat around them and my face is starting to look rounder as I always carried my face fat in my jaw area for some reason causing actually a longer and skinnier looking face, which did not go well with my big body.
When I first lost, I had that issue too. Those fold things and when I looked surprised I had major wrinkles - doesn't seem to work so well with young 20-something features LOL
Since I've regained, they've disappeared. However, they will likely come back as I continue to relose...
I don't think that its TOO apparent to people who just glance at us - but yup it can be a downer.

I also got a nose that was always slightly too big for my face and uh as the face shrunk well...ya know! I guess my eyes likely look bigger as I lose but still the proportions of the nose are kinda a bummer.
Guess we can't have it all (but if we could can I keep my highest weight bewbs?!)
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #29  

I noticed I looked different after a few months actually. And I wouldn't have noticed the change if it wasn't for my sister who noticed I lost some pounds or my old photos I could compare with the new ones. I have to say, it was a nice change! I allowed myself to feel proud and this also motivated me to keep going
Adriana86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

For me it was around 80lbs when i felt changes around my neck and face.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote