The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #1  

Default Can someone explain Jillian Michael's plan to me.

I've seen something online for her. Exactly what does the plan entail?
Old 12-09-2006, 02:50 AM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't know exactly what her online plan entails....but I highly recommend her book Winning By Losing! She has eating tips - it's basically calories counting where you keep your ratios of carbs/protein/fat at a certain level determined by how your body best processes food. (There's a quiz you can take in the book to see what kind of body type you have.) Beyond counting calories she lays out a 12 week workout plan, circuit training (cardio mixed with weight training) 4 days a week, 1 day of just cardio and 2 rest days. It's a pretty no nonsense approach, I liked the workout explanations, I learned a LOT! Check out this thread about food journals and this one about exercise journals Especially the beginning pages - there were quite a few people who read the book and tried it out. Last but not least, check out the Questions for Jillian thread - she posted herself here.

Someone else has prolly checked out her online plan and can answer your actual question...
Old 12-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #3  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Pretty!
I'm a member of Jilian's online program, and it's the same as her book, which chick told you about. The difference is that with the online program (which you pay to be a member of) you get receipes, shopping lists, message boards, weight loss buddies (people you can message regularly and keep you on track) you get printable exercises and they give you the circuit workouts four times a week, so you don't have to make one up yourself. I really like it, but there has been some probelms and some people on the site don't think it's worth the money.
I really love Jillian's whole philosophy and i have had great results from using her program, so whether you follow the book or sign up for the website, it's your call, but the program as a whole is awesome and sensible.
Hope that helps!