The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #16  

Rosario, why exactly do you think the red team was slacking and joking around? Maybe it's because they have no respect for Kim. She doesn't respect them, so they were doing the same back to her.

Ledom, just because she has a "body to aspire to" and looks like a Barbie doll doesn't make her a good person. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be fat and nice than a skinny b*tch....but that's just me.

Yogini, I totally feel you
Old 09-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #17  
banned

hi guys!

LOL emily! thganks for the laugh i needed it

BEG... my apologies... some ppl on here had me in a bad mood last night&was gettin a bit fed up so im sorry

LOLOL KIM!! of course we dont mean you!(((( ))))
Old 09-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #18  
Fat-be-gone

a new beginning--I still think they were acting pretty childish. i guess I am the type of person that doesn't let personality get in the way of me and my goals. in high school I hated my cheer coach but that didn't stop me from doing what I had to do. really, they are the only ones losing out when they slack off on a workout.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #19  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

You mistook me. I don't think she looks like a Barbie doll at all. I admire her body a lot. I remember I didn't like Jillian much at first and really grew to like her a lot. I feel the same way about the contestants. I haven't bonded with them in any serious way at all - yet. It takes time to get to "know" these TV personalities.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #20  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

If you read up on her bio, you'll learn that she is a military brat, same as me. I recognize a lot of her tactics because it's very similar to boot camp style in a lot of ways. Like ledom says, it does take time to warm up to tv personalities. I also feel a bit sorry for Kim because her team has been really lagging behind as far as motivation and a willingness to try new things. I personally love yoga as it's very relaxing, and really makes you leaner if you stick with it. To see them laughing and making fun of it really rubbed me the wrong way. So give Kim some leeway and see how she does with this team.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:54 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Beginning View Post
OMG!!! Is she serious??? I was sort of indifferent last week when people were discussing Kim. I wasn't sure if I liked her or not. I dislike her with a passion.

First of all, when Ken found out that his son was in the hospital in critical condition, her response was, "What do you want to do?" all cold like. She should have given him a hug and told him that she is so sorry to hear that (what Bob would have obviously done). Second, she kept making very b*tchy comments like, "You're going to burn some damn calories NOW!!!" She also said, "You guys need to lose the weight, if you aren't then you can go watch the blue team lose it!!"

THEN THE WORST OF ALL: Kim said in her one on one interview, "THEY'VE DONE NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN. THAT'S WHY THEY LOOK LIKE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE."

Are you kidding me????? I can't stand her. Thank God she's the red team's coach, and not ours .
I tell ya what, this is my first year watching this show so i don't know Jillian, but I HATE this Kim chic with a passion. She's NO coach of mine I tell ya that! I thought she was pretty cold as well about that one man and his sick kid. had that been me though, I would have left and went to my child. But then when she made that comment about the complaining and that's why they look the way they do. WHATEVER! What a witch! The way she was pushing them too and that one person said hasn't she noticed we are fat? I don't think Kim has ever been fat because unless you have been here you DON'T get it. It is NOT as easy to moniver(sp) yourself around the way it is for a thin person! OMG! I am STILL angry at that woman! I don't know if I can continue to watch the show because of her.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_New_Beginning View Post
Rosario, why exactly do you think the red team was slacking and joking around? Maybe it's because they have no respect for Kim. She doesn't respect them, so they were doing the same back to her.

Ledom, just because she has a "body to aspire to" and looks like a Barbie doll doesn't make her a good person. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be fat and nice than a skinny b*tch....but that's just me.

Yogini, I totally feel you

Hehe! That made me laugh! I think I like you!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #23  

Andrea, I am a little confused...when were you being mean to me? By saying that you don't associate the red team on here with the red team on TV? That wasn't mean, if that's what you are refering to. You have never been mean to me .

Rosario and Nemesis, I think that it was more of a nervous laughter than anything else. These big macho guys are on TV infront of a national audience doing yoga. They were probably afraid of what they look like and that they would be judged. As you know, when you are overweight you don't have that high of self-esteem and you are not confident. If they were confident they wouldn't have had a problem doing it.

Ledom and Nemesis, I think I "know" enough about her to not like her. Honestly, if **** froze over and she started "acting" like Bob (key word being "acting", because that's all it would be...a big act) I still wouldn't like her. I am a very good judge of character and I can tell from what I have seen and heard that she is mean. All of her yelling aside, she should have NEVER reacted like she did with Ken's son being in critical condition in the hospital and she should have NEVER said that comment about her team, "looking how they look" because they complain. Those are unforgivable. She's just not a nice person...that's all I am saying.

Thanks Diva . I totally feel you about not liking her (obviously ).
Old 09-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #24  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Just putting my two cents in......

Bob's style is sooo much more low key. While working out on the beach he was actually down in the sand doing the backwards crab walk with the heavy guy....side by side with him. Encouraging him and motivating him along the way. Yeah he was hard on him, but not be-littleing him. Kim however, took it very personally that her red team was snickering and laughing during the yoga, that she then almost had a vendetta against the team and took "make them pay" kind of attitude. Oh, she was shown running with them and doing it also but it didn't have the same effect IMHO.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #25  
banned

go bob!!!!

hey beg... i 4got what i wrote so lets say we just toss it to the trash? deal?
Old 09-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #26  

LOL, ok, Andrea.

Last edited by A_New_Beginning; 09-29-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:58 AM   #27  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Hmmm...gotta keep in mind though that this is tv land, and they do some heavy editing here...I'm just wondering how much editing was done in the converstation between Kim and Ken over his situation. I was a bit surprised myself that Ken didn't go home to his kid, especially since the child (adult?) is in the hospital. But to each his own I guess. Kim is the sort of person to take charge, not the huggy-feely kind, so her comment, "what do you want to do?" is more in keeping with her personality really. Again, who knows all that went on?

I will admit there were times that Kim's comments kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I think it's more of her tone and attitude, and the fact that she's never been overweight that made it a bit offensive. If it had come from Jillian, I doubt we would have been in arms over it. So it will be interesting to see if Kim can truly relate to her team or not.

I saw on the previews that they are going on a cruise to work out next week....Hope they don't get a bug!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #28  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I was so pleasantly surprised to see her after hearing her described as a Barbie Doll. I guess it says something that I didn't even notice her implants. I was too busy checking out her abs and her quads. The MUSCLES folks - but then I really desire muscles myself.

It's a reality show, there were so many things that annoyed me more. All the crying, the it's so hards....I mean you expect it (and of course it IS hard.) But it is so same old same old when it comes to the show. And, it is reality TV - which means it isn't real at all. There still is a development of character going on. The arc of the show might be that Kim develops in her personality and ability to relate over the course of the show as well. I am not ready to label her as a b!tch after what, maybe 10 minutes of edited air time in all?

Anyway, I don't even care to defend her anymore other than to say - she definitely has some knowledge to impart by the looks of the body she inhabits. The thing that makes the show so inspirational for me is when they do start losing weight and when you see what emerges. The strong bodies, the happy faces, the confidence. And to show you how totally weird I am - Bob's hair doesn't bother me either. Kinda hip in an - just until the next haircut when I won't be so radical - sort of way. TV, it's showbiz!

Last edited by ledom; 09-30-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #29  

I certainly will give Kim the acknowledgment that she's obviously worked her butt off to be in the shape that she's in. That being said, I certainly would not want her to be my trainer in any way shape or form. I think she's failing horribly at getting her team to respect her or bond with her. But on the other hand her team won the weigh in by a landslide - so she IS getting results.

The whole "punishment" on the beach for the team laughing and not taking yoga seriously is totally 100% Kim's fault. You can't FORCE someone to take yoga seriously, give me a break. You can't have a little bratty temper tantrum because people don't see some beautiful Bob-like inspiration in bending over backwards with one leg behind your head. Like someone mentioned before - the laughter was most likely nervous laughter, as fat people tend not to feel as "graceful" and "at one with nature" when they know they look like a goof. And the claws totally came out - because that's why she went off about "that's why they look like they do." I think right underneath Kim's cutesie little surface exterior is a snotty little brat who doesn't truly respect or care about these people.

I always felt that both Bob and Jillian had their hearts totally into their teams. They seemed to immediately bond and care about everything their teams went through and knew how to lead them in the right direction. Kim is flailing - she has no control over that team and I just get the feeling they don't like her. I think that was obvious when they were making comments to her like "ok shut up now" and "whatever sweetie" and "you don't have to be a b*tch".

I miss Jillian. I miss a trainer who can show that tough-love works, but you knew it was tough *LOVE* - not being tough and b*tchy cuz I wanna get my way.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:12 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartButt View Post
I certainly will give Kim the acknowledgment that she's obviously worked her butt off to be in the shape that she's in. That being said, I certainly would not want her to be my trainer in any way shape or form. I think she's failing horribly at getting her team to respect her or bond with her. But on the other hand her team won the weigh in by a landslide - so she IS getting results.

The whole "punishment" on the beach for the team laughing and not taking yoga seriously is totally 100% Kim's fault. You can't FORCE someone to take yoga seriously, give me a break. You can't have a little bratty temper tantrum because people don't see some beautiful Bob-like inspiration in bending over backwards with one leg behind your head. Like someone mentioned before - the laughter was most likely nervous laughter, as fat people tend not to feel as "graceful" and "at one with nature" when they know they look like a goof. And the claws totally came out - because that's why she went off about "that's why they look like they do." I think right underneath Kim's cutesie little surface exterior is a snotty little brat who doesn't truly respect or care about these people.

I always felt that both Bob and Jillian had their hearts totally into their teams. They seemed to immediately bond and care about everything their teams went through and knew how to lead them in the right direction. Kim is flailing - she has no control over that team and I just get the feeling they don't like her. I think that was obvious when they were making comments to her like "ok shut up now" and "whatever sweetie" and "you don't have to be a b*tch".

I miss Jillian. I miss a trainer who can show that tough-love works, but you knew it was tough *LOVE* - not being tough and b*tchy cuz I wanna get my way.
Very Well said!