The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #136  
banned

whats up guys?
did you like the show? i still dont like kim.. oh well.
can i ask a question? can someone tell me when we became so divided that that someone created separate chats? i thought the idea here was to support everyone as a whole. guess i was wrong....

oh well.... so be it. all i will say is this: kim&rosie:im glad i still have your support cuz you guys mean alot to me(((( ))))))
Old 09-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #137  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Tonight show was another great one. I found it very interesting how the blue team decided who to vote off and how they went about it. But it was still hard to see someone having to go home. I thought the at home people they showed are making great progress. It was very motivational to me.
I was okay with my eating today. I had one little slip at snack time with my Special Needs students. They helped the school cooks today by carrying boxes into the walk-in freezer for them, so they were rewarded with mini ice cream sandwiches. It looked and sounded good at the moment so I ate one. Afterwards I was thinking why did I do that. I should have eaten the apple I brought for my snack. So tomorrow I will get right back on track. Atleast it didn't completely throw my eating off. I won't let myself do that one like I have in the past.
Well ladies I am tired. So I will chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great evening.
Kerry
Old 09-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #138  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

Andrea~ I was surprised to see 2 chats, one for each team too. I thought the seperate threads for teams was for weigh ins only. And one main chat for all of us to support each other.

The show was very good.. I had a few teary moments myself. When the red team won the care packages.. my heart ached for the blue team.

Well, It's getting late.... Good night folks...
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #139  

Height: 5"5

I was also suprised when I saw separate chats to.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #140  

I am very happy to see that most of you guys are doing so well . Some people admittedly made some mistakes this week and they are going to learn from them for next week. That's the whole point of this...to support eachother and know that if we are not OP one week it doesn't mean that we have to do the same the following week. We can do this!

I agree that separate chats are not the way to go, but I hope that stating this doesn't make the girls whom created them feel bad. They had the best of intentions. I know that when people "talk" about me I turn to food, (I am an emotional eater) and I don't want them to do that. Let's just look at it as "water under the bridge" and move on. From now on we should just chat in this area.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #141  
Fat-be-gone

Morning ladies!!!!

wow, yesterdays show was really emotional!! It brought tears to my eyes. I won't say why in case there is anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

I strayed from plan last night. Instead of my brown rice and stir fry I had...KFC. I know really, really bad but I am over it and ready to move forward. And I still haven't gotten the excercise bug!!! Don't know what has gotten into me but I better snap out of it soon if I want to have good losses every week!!

Hope all you ladies are doing good and sticking to it. Have a good day!!!

andrea--aww thanks!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #142  

Height: 5'6''

Good morning everyone! I didn't watch the show last night (I taped it and will watch it today). I only skimmed over the posts since I didn't want to read too much about it.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I ran for 27 minutes this morning (+walked for 10) so I am feeling great! This challenge has really made me step up my workout routine. I think I will earn over 30 AP this week (which is a TON for me!). Thanks for the motivation!

I hope everyone is doing well. So far, the stats are looking great (for both teams)! I am excited to see how everyone has done this week.

GO BLUE TEAM!!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 270/207/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharityKB View Post
Well, today is the day! Everyone seems to be doing so well, I am really excited to see the stats. For anyone interested (Beginning asked), here is the Couch to 5K program I am doing.
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
You start out only running for 60 seconds. I can't believe that I have come from that to running for 25 minutes! GO BLUE TEAM!!!
So, you are quite a way into this program? How has it gone for you? I have never been in "shape" enough to run or jog, but this has somehow become something I want to be able to do. Have you done this based on the time approach or the measurement approach? Regardless, congrats on the extra activity.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaphilip3 View Post
whats up guys?
did you like the show? i still dont like kim.. oh well.
can i ask a question? can someone tell me when we became so divided that that someone created separate chats? i thought the idea here was to support everyone as a whole. guess i was wrong....

oh well.... so be it. all i will say is this: kim&rosie:im glad i still have your support cuz you guys mean alot to me(((( ))))))
I think the multiple chat groups are a bit too much to keep up with. I like it best to come here for chats and go to my team just to post stats. Hopefully we can keep everything else here. Thanks Andrea for all your hard work getting this going! I think everyone can benefit from the encouragement and accountability.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #145  

Good afternoon!

I've done pretty good about staying OP, but wasn't able to get exercise in last night as planned. I will be hitting the treadmill tonight, provided I stop feeling sick. I don't know what's come over me, but had some really strong pain in my left side, which made me feel very sick to my stomach. Thankfully, the pain has eased and I feel "functional" right now.

Looks like everyone is doing a pretty good job with staying on their chosen plan and exercising. Good job!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #146  

Height: 5'6''

Default !

Amy, I am doing the program using the time approach, not distance. I run really slowly, so there is no way I can run a 10 minute mile. If I did it by distance I would have to run a lot longer, lol. For me, doing by time was easier than distance. I started when I was 222 lbs. I had been doing other aerobics for a couple of months or so and still thought it was hard at first!

If you do start it, let me know, I will cheer you on!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 199/173/115

Height: 5'2"

well as you will see when you look at red teams stats i had i big gain for this past week, and it was really hard for me to post a gain knowing i was going to be letting my team down, but i think the acountability is good for me. but i am back on track and really doing well today, i have had 16 of my 22 weight watchers points and plan to have a nice healthy 6 point dinner, and no after dinner snacking! SOOOooo wish me luck, i should try to do some excercise too... maybe i will do a tape. good luck everyone, sounds like you all are really sticking to it!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:35 PM   #148  
Martha

S/C/G: 259/221/135

Height: 5'4"

skrog~ sounds like you have a plan of action to get back on track.. we're here rootin' you on. We all have bad weeks, days, hours, minutes.. but you're back on track and going for gold.. that's all that matters. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 199/173/115

Height: 5'2"

thanks martha, it is good to know i will get supported not reamed. it is 8:30 pm and i at 22 out of 22 points for the day, so i did not go over at all, did not even use any of my allowed weekly points so yey me. i did not get any excercise in.. but i am super glad that i at least got the food part right! oh and i drank well over 65 oz of water today so hope every one else did well today too!

keep up the good work red team! and blue team too
Old 09-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #150  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Just wanted to ley you know that I lost 6.4 tonight at weigh in. Another great loss for the Red Team!!!!