3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

About Jillian

Old 03-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #16

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I know her game is kinda glitchy and uses the wii balance board that comes with the Wii Fit
Wouldn't recommend it? You can buy the board separately right?
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassica View Post
Wouldn't recommend it? You can buy the board separately right?
You get the wii fit game with the board for $90. Honestly, the reviews on the Jillian game are BAD. That is why I will not be buying it. Honestly if you want a killer workout for the Wii (even though Wii Fit can be heart pumping if done right), I'd wait till May. There is a game from EA Sports that will use the balance board, Wii, and a new gizmo that does the workout with you. The previews look great for this game. I am so going to buy it.

Although, make your own decision by looking at amazon reviews on the Jillian Wii game and on 3FC. ^_^

Obsessed with the spin of sparkly hoops
My personal hooping blog
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #18

S/C/G: 291/261.8/150

Height: 5' 8"

My Fitness Coach is a good workout for the wii..... and it doesn't use the board.

And yeah Im really looking forward to the EA game....to me it looks sort of like a mixture of the good parts of Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach rolled into one. Can hardly wait....

-----------------------------------------------------
ryverthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #19

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

I really wanted the Wii fit too, but i have to wait til i get a job in a couple weeks, i just moved so its a little hard to persuade my boyfriend to buy it for me hehe
sorry, EA game?
Ill take your word for it, i dont exactly want to pay 50 dollars for something i dont like.

Last edited by Jassica : 03-01-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #20
Mandy

Don't believe the reviews for her wii game. You have to work hard to get it going, which is what exercise is all about right? Once you figure it out, it's an awesome game. I was sore for 2 days the first time I used it.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #21
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryverthorn View Post
And yeah Im really looking forward to the EA game....to me it looks sort of like a mixture of the good parts of Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach rolled into one. Can hardly wait....
Oh, I know. I cannot wait. I think that is why I haven't bought My Fitness Coach.

My personal hooping blog
Old 03-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #22

Whats the EA game? I am wondering if thats the thing they had at gamestop that they said was coming out in May and you could use it with the Wii Fit. They said I could pre order it for $5 but I wanted to find out more about it.
Any reviews on the Wii My Fitness Coach? I wanted that but didnt get it yet. I did hear the Wii Jillian game had bad reviews so I didnt get it.
KimberlyHeidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #23
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyHeidi View Post
Whats the EA game? I am wondering if thats the thing they had at gamestop that they said was coming out in May and you could use it with the Wii Fit. They said I could pre order it for $5 but I wanted to find out more about it.
Any reviews on the Wii My Fitness Coach? I wanted that but didnt get it yet. I did hear the Wii Jillian game had bad reviews so I didnt get it.
Here is the website:
http://www.easportsactive.com/home
It does use the board but I don't think you will have to have it.

My personal hooping blog
Old 03-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #24

S/C/G: 221/168/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Don't believe the reviews for her wii game. You have to work hard to get it going, which is what exercise is all about right? Once you figure it out, it's an awesome game. I was sore for 2 days the first time I used it.
If I could have returned this game, I would have. I don't like it. I think that the My Fitness Coach is a much better deal.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #25
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

I don't personally have the game but from the look of the previews and you really think about it, I don't think Jillian's game is necessarily designed to be the hardest kick butt workout out there. I think it's more aimed at getting people up and moving more than before and giving kids another option of playing a game that is a little more physical and using their own body rather than sitting on their butts and using a controller. But that's just my opinion.

Over 50 pounds lost so far!

"You can tell me that you CHOOSE to quit. That you CHOOSE to be LESS than what you ARE and LESS than what GOD INTENDED, but DON'T EVER TELL ME that you CAN'T do it."
Jillian Michaels
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #26

Back to the original question..I don't know if it was ever answered..but Jillian's birthday is February 18th and Bob's is August 18th...which makes it easy for me to remember...duh, I have these senior moments.
Nanci in Omaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #27
It's the final countdown!

S/C/G: 181/150.2/125

Height: 5'3

The JM workout game for the Wii is HARD! But I like it. You really just have to actually put forth a LOT of effort. It made me sweat, for sure. But JM is my inspiration.
KEmery08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #28

S/C/G: 320/177/135

Height: 5' 7"

Jillian Michaels is the best! I just recently joined her online program on her official site and I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't part of it yet. For the last year or so I have been using her dvds, reading her books, listening to her radio show and watching her on TBL. I have gone from 320-ish to 176. I'm not at my goal yet, but still moving in the right direction. I am believing I can do this now, even if I slip up here and there. I am doing the work, but she is a constant source of motivation and I'm so thankful for her!
jacilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.