The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 07-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Biggest Loser Premiere in September--BIG CHANGES!

Besides the replacement of Jillian Michaels with some Barbie doll looking lady, there is another BIG change.

Instead of there being just 12 contestants (or whatever the starting number was) they now have FIFTY (50) contestants--one from each state.

Obviously they will have to do aLOT of eliminating each week....or maybe they will do a BIG cut at the very beginning....we shall see....

If you want to see a teaser, go to nbc.com
Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

If the Barbie looking lady isn't snarling, it'll be a big improvement, imo. Interesting about all the contestants. Can't wait to see it! Although it's not at all realistic, it's very motivating.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

WHAT??? Why change the format of something that is a winning combination. New and improved isn't always the best.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I agree Angel-eyes....not always a good thing!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #5  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

I think that anything that gets people to lose weight and change their entire lifestyle is a good thing. Even though its not the same as the past two seasons, I am really excited about it and can't wait to watch.

My reasons for watching are to see the "normal, everyday people" on the show. Making lifestyle changes, crying, and taking back their lives. How inspiring!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/202/120

Height: 5'4

Default To have hope

I like the show because I like seeing other people with my big *** working it off. I want too see just how hard one has to work to lose this weight.

I know that it is not healthy to do it the way they are doing it, so fast and hard, without a special team together to make sure you do not drop dead, but still, it is change, it is work, and it helps.

I am not going to miss Jillian any but I hope that Kim is hard but more likeable.

I hope that who ever does get sent home from that big group, so many dreams harmed by it, that they are given support tools to keep up the change they so badly want.

Blessings,
Kontessa
Old 08-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/202/120

Height: 5'4

Default To have hope

I like the show because I like seeing other people with my big *** working it off. I want too see just how hard one has to work to lose this weight.

I know that it is not healthy to do it the way they are doing it, so fast and hard, without a special team together to make sure you do not drop dead, but still, it is change, it is work, and it helps.

I am not going to miss Jillian any but I hope that Kim is hard but more likeable.

I hope that who ever does get sent home from that big group, so many dreams harmed by it, that they are given support tools to keep up the change they so badly want.

Blessings,
Kontessa
Old 08-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #8  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

I watched the first season every week. The second I didn't watch at all. But I will definitely be watching this season!! I love BOB!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #9  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Aw man - no Jillian bashing please. She has the smarts to motivate and the knowledge that is required to lose the weight. I too found her personality scary at first, but after reading her book and watching her in action I question her methods no more. No matter the new format - I can't wait for the new season to start.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #10  

I always liked Jillian on the show. She brought that boot-camp style to it, which is what the show was all about. I prefered the drill instructor style to the "touchy-feely let's talk about our feelings" stuff that Bob seemed to bring.
To each their own, I guess. Hopefully I will like the new instructor, Kim, too.

Not sure how I feel about the bigger group. Hopefully they will be pared down immediately. I can't see making any kind of connection with a contestant when there are so many being shown at once.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #11  
Nikkii from Australia

S/C/G: 101/90/56

Height: 156cm

It is a shame Jillian had to leave the show, and if you look at the sky sport and spa gym website, it no longer has Jillian there, so Jackie must had brought her out. Jillian came across committed to the contestants, even if she had to get agressive....we ll need a kick in butt! I will miss Jillian, i just hope that Kim can do a good job replacing her.