The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 06-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5"5

Default Help on this body type figuring out the ratio Please....

Hello ladies. I have a question for you all. I have been reading Jullians book. I am getting to undrestand the whole calorie thing more. BUT my Question is. I am figuring out my body type. I got that. I am a balanced one so far as I can see.

I have that whole 40 30 30 thing down. I do not under stand now how i figure out the cal in somehting and now how much of it is carbs protien and fat. So is that a quelation to convert the grams into the amount of cal in a item. I am not a math queen. This is way I have stayed away from all this counting stuff. basic cal counting I can do. when I have to start getting ore in depth is scaring me off.

Any hints or help would be great. I have made a cal plan for my week on how many I need to loose 1 to 2 pounds a week. changing them up every day. So I am on the right track.
Thanks Stacey
Old 06-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Do you have a free account at fitday.com? That's how I keep track of all that.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

yeah, susanb got it right alright. I don't know how you would begin to calculate it all......fitday is a website that is free and as you add your foods from their list (or add specialized products to the list) it does all the calculations for you. Not only tells you the grams, but the % also. You can do reports, nutritional goals and log in your excercises. AND ITS ALL FREE. try it.....good luck!!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #4  

Yes I have a accont there. It just seemed the foods i would put in was always off on cal and so on. I guess being close is better then nothing right.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #5  

I don't understand what you mean by "off on cal and so on" Do you mean that the labels don't match the info in fitday? I make anything like that into a custom food. Especially since some Canadian brands don't have American equivalents.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #6  

Yes sorry i was babbling. Like my bread will be off on the calories that theres says. I tried making my own labels one time and it told me the nutritional values didn't add up or something like that. But I am thinking of trying it again.

Monday I am cracking down again. I have been stuck at 41 pounds lost for a few weeks. So its time to dig in again. I am changing up my cal in take each dday. Just so my end of the week total adds up so i can loose a pound a week .I will even take 2.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #7  

Keep asking questions Firefly. We'll help you figure it out.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Firefly - to Jillian's Girls!

I use Fitday, too....I couldn't figure out the 40 30 30 ratios without it.

The reports are pretty handy, too. Just do the best you can with entering stuff - the hard part is starting and getting used to it. Once you've been at it for a while it gets much easier. I find I eat the same stuff most of the time, so I hardly ever have to enter new custom foods any more.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome. I a kinda the same way. Unless it comes to the weekend. I pretty much eat close to the same things as well. I have done very well just portion control and cuttng out a few things here and there on my own. But I think this next 25 pounds I might have to start counting a bit better. So here I am . I have read thru most the post on this thread. so I get a pretty good feel of it all. Just to sit and do the math .

Hard to add one more thing to the day I have to try to get in. I know ounce i do sit and mess with Fitday for a few days I will be fine. I know many people use it. so it has to help . Have healthy da everyone.