The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-21-2006, 11:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 10"

Default Who Loves Bob?

OK girls, I have been doing the BL DVD with Bob and the gang for a week and a half now. I can already see some changes in my body. It's hard and I sweat like crazy and huff and puff but I feel like I've accomplished something when I'm done. I've been doing the low intensity cardio and sculpt and shape ones. I have tried the high intensity cardio but have not even viewed boot camp. It scares me. Is anyone else using it?

Old 02-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

hey......just wanted to let you know that there is a whole thread dedicated to bl dvd workout..............its called the biggest loser workout dvd journal thread.......or something like that!!! Come and join us!!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I LOVE BOB!!! I dont think I'd have stuck with that dvd for as long as I have if it werent for him. My goal is to start the second half of the 6 week program next week. So next monday I'll do #2, I've done it before on accident and it kicked my butt! I think I'm ready to try again!
Old 03-09-2006, 12:05 AM   #4  

Default Bob with foot in mouth

The other day I was listening to the Adam Carolla radio talk show and they had on some Biggest Loser casting people as well as Bob.

Adam was trying to make the argument that some people have a tougher time losing weight because of their genes. He argued that a fat person with fat genes will have to dedicate their life to staying slim, while some people are just slim and don't work for it hardly at all. Bob was really disagreeing with him and getting pretty flustered.

At one point, Adam said "So you're saying that all overweight people are just lazy slobs?" and Bob cried out "THEY ARE!"

So there you go, people. Your glorious Bob.

I think I'll stick with Jillian. hehehe.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #5  
Melissa

as an overweight person I'll raise my hand and say....yep I was a lazy slob! But because of bob I wont be much longer!! I love you bob!!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #6  
DIVA

I like Bob! I think Jillian would have agreed with Bob that we are fat and lazy.
I do think that some people with medical conditions have to work a little harder to lose weight, but they can lose weight!
I was fat and lazy because I was not always out of shape so I stopped doing something to gain 40 pounds.

Jillian will yell at you and and handcuff you to machines and tell you to get off of your fat ***! That is not the "motivation" I need.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #7  
Tekken-Style

Yeah, but Jillian has that bootcamp approach to her people, IMHO ... She tears them down then builds them back up ... Mentally, emotionally and physically. For some of these people, just a pat on the back and a shoulder to cry on is not enough. They need to be pushed out of their comfort zones so they can step back and see exactly where they are and where they need to be.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #8  
Melissa

Thats why its so great they have both trainers. Each are excellent in their own right.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/220/145

I love Bob also, and I have to agree that us overweight people are lazy. i think it gets so bad we don't even realize it has happened until it is to late. that's what it was in my case anyways. I would take Bob ove Jillian any day because Bob seems more connected to you and wanting to see you succed. He just has a friendly aura about him, even when he's getting onto people. Anyways my mom just bought the BL dvd and I plan on starting it soon. Good luck everyone on your journey!!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255.8/228.4/150

I bought the DVD, but have only done it a couple of times since I've been going to the gym, but I've been thinking about throwing in that workout at night before bed. I love Bob!!