The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #31  

I don't know what's going on with this season but im not feeling the same inspiration that i was feeling from the last yank version. There's too much bullshit in the house and not enough working out going on! I don't know about you but im sick of their crap.
They're all there with a common goal, so you'd think that there would be more comradery...but no. Who picked these people?!?
I wish i could go there and kick their asses.... ha!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:37 AM   #32  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

I feel like kicking their arses too. I'm working harder then they are it seems. I read an article of an interview with jillian, and she was complaining that they didn't do their homework exercises nor did they eat what she told them to eat.

If I had that opportunity I'd be doing everything they told me.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #33  

Bonnie, yeah totally from the board. She asked for me by screen name. HAHA

I agree guys, it's madening when you see people given an opporunity like this that thousands wanted and they don't put in 200%.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #34  
Tekken-Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLoserToBe
Bonnie, yeah totally from the board. She asked for me by screen name. HAHA

I agree guys, it's madening when you see people given an opporunity like this that thousands wanted and they don't put in 200%.
That is awesome. I found a whole new level of respect for her when she started posting here. She may be a bit of a drama queen, but she really cares about what she's doing and the people she's inspired.

==

How hard is it keeping up with watching an episode a night? And how many months/weeks are they going to keep this up? I'm catching the occasional downloaded episode and then I'm reading the recaps daily on the aussie Biggest Loser site. I can't imagine keeping up with it five nights a week.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #35  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

One of the main things that I'm finding really hard to watch is that the show is sooooo repetative. Before every advertisement break they show whats going to happen next, and then after the break they show what happened before. If they took out of all the repetative stuff, there would be twice as much show in the half hour. But I'm still enjoying it, mind you I haven't seen it since wednesdays episode, its all taped.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #36  
Central Coast Chick

It is very repetivie, isn't it! I'm just wishing that they'd just show the temptations and the challenges without showing all of the contestants talking. Could easily show more of the workouts if they did that. Also, showing whats going to happen on Monday's show on Friday night, tells you who's going to be eliminated. It's obviously Tracy or Cat this week. As much as i don't like Cat, Tracy was pretty disrespectful at the weigh-in on Friday so I'm happy either way. lol
Old 03-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #37  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Man, I so wish I could watch that show with ya'll! Have been wondering if they will ever put these shows onto DVD format with subtitles....haven't seen anything yet on it...hmpt
Old 03-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #38  

Yeah I have noticed that if you watch carefully you can tell who will be gone on the friday, its pretty bad production. Apparently the some TV guides that have been out for a week already said that blue team would be up for elimination this Monday which takes some of the drama out of it if you read that
Old 03-06-2006, 06:38 AM   #39  
Central Coast Chick

Subtitles Athena? Seriously?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:04 PM   #40  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisClaws
Man, I so wish I could watch that show with ya'll! Have been wondering if they will ever put these shows onto DVD format with subtitles....haven't seen anything yet on it...hmpt
Subtitles? They might talk funny But it's mostly English...
Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #41  
Central Coast Chick

I saw Adro at a local shopping centre last night. He seems really nice and didn't mind people asking if he was who he was. lol. I recognised his voice (he was nect to me at the sandwich shop) and after he ordered I said "I'm sorry to be rude but are you..." He just nodded, laughed and said yeah. I really wanted to ask if Tracey was as big a ***** in person as she was portrayed. He's looking good too. He said the house is all packed up and the show will end at the end of April. I'm going to miss it all tho as i'm going to the US. I just have to bookmark the BL website i guess.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #42  

Do you know if Bob and Jillian are still filming the biggest loser in Australia ? If not, when will season 3 begin ? If was supposed to start airing in early 2006 it says.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 AM   #43  
Tekken-Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool90
Do you know if Bob and Jillian are still filming the biggest loser in Australia ? If not, when will season 3 begin ? If was supposed to start airing in early 2006 it says.
As far as I know, Aussie filming is over and I think they've been back for a couple of weeks now.

They'll probably start filming BL3 within the next month or so, with the actual airing date probably starting in September.

Now, the Biggest Loser special edition began showing in January, so maybe that's what you saw listings for.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:12 AM   #44  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylizbet
Subtitles Athena? Seriously?
Yes, subtitles. I'm deaf.