The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default The Biggest Loser Workout DVD Journal Thread

Hi gals:

Today is week 2 day 2 for me...did the sculp and strength segment tonight. Man, my abs hurt!!

I previewed the Boot Camp session ,,, man is it gonna be HARD! but I know after three weeks we will be ready for it!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:58 PM   #2  
dgpebbles

hey Jen

I just found your post...I bought the biggest loser dvd too but I've only done it once...I did like it but I bought a new stationary bike and have been using it....do you know if there is only one dvd out...Just wondering if we have the same one...How are you doing yours..I don't really remember it but didn't it have different ones for different days & weeks....Is that what your doing..

I'm trying to get motivated to do it again..Maybe you can help me..Do you post daily on your progress?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

There's only one DVD out so far, Donna....Volume One.

I am following the six week workout plan as listed on the DVD. I discovered there is a typo on the graphics. This is the way it SHOULD read:

Weeks 1-3: Alternate between Workout #1 and #3
Weeks 4-6: Alternate between Workout #2 and #4

#2 and #4 are definitely going to be tougher that #1 and #3, but I think I'll be ready for it!

I'll be posting daily on this thread, so come join me!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi all....did my workout tonight....that Bob knows how to make me sweat!!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #5  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hey girl,

Keep up the great work. I did my cardio cruiser today for 30 min. I love my biggest looser video though.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #6  
dgpebbles

well I had a very long day today..i just got home not to long ago...So I didn't manage to get any exercise in today....I will do it tomorrow and I will add a little extra to make up for today.

great job Jen - keep up the great work...I promise I'll join you with tomorrows workout
Old 01-12-2006, 09:16 AM   #7  
dgpebbles

hey Jen

well I did the biggest loser this moring before work ...I made it all the way through but i did have to do the last half of the jumping jacks the easy way and I had to side step through part of the lunges...my legs are not strong enough for the lunges. ..but it was a great workout and now I'm energized to go to work

Talk to you later today...Have a great day...

p.s. I might try to do the strenght training part tonight..I need to make up for not exercising yesterday

Last edited by dgpebbles; 01-12-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #8  

Default What a workout

Hey everyone, I usually do both 1 and 3, but yesterday I just managed to get #1 done and not 3 which is fine too. I also walked yesterday morning and managed to reach 10600 steps on my pedometer throughout the day.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #9  

I've been doing 1 and 3 alternatively like the rotation says, but as they are getting easier I think next week I will combine them so I get a longer workout.
I really like these DVD's. For some reason it's fun to pretend Bob's my trainer..it's motivating.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #10  

Hi ladies! I started the dvd Monday night and already down 6 pounds this morning. I have been trying to eat between 1000-1200 calories a day. Good luck to everyone and congrats on the weight loss as of this far!!
Old 01-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

Nikki: Your calories are too low!!!! 1200 is the bare minimum for anyone, regardless of size. I'm judging by your picture (cute, by the way!) that you may need more calories to start, then cut back as your weight goes down.

Glad you enjoy the DVD!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Nikki - I agree with Jen - 1200 cals a day should be a bare minimum - especially as you are exercising on top of controlling calories. You need to be consuming enough to build muscle, not burn it as fuel.

I think 6 lbs is great and I admire your achievement! But I want you to be healthy as well.

I also love your avatar!!! Too cute!!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #13  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

PS to 3FC!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #14  

Hello Nikki WELCOME!! Nice to have you on board.

The ladies here are right, you will have to up your calories so that your metabolism doesn't slow down, and so you don't get major cravings - that may lead to binging - trust me, I've been there and it ain't pretty.....
By the way, congratulations on your 6 lb loss - Keep on going!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #15  

I did day 4 week 2 today. Some parts are starting to get easier for me, but others like the lunges are still pretty hard. If I go to low down it hurts my ankles. I guess the ankles will get stronger. I can now do the squats all the way through (I wouldn't want anyone to look in on me, I must look like I'm dying). I can't belive how simple the exercises are, yet I'm drenched in sweat after the cardio. It does make me feel better though, and my legs feel a lot stronger.

Now if I only could start eating better, I might actually lose some weight.