The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #46  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I don't use FitDay (I do NutriDiary), but I've kinda of wondered the same. I put low intenstiy aerobics for the low intensity cardio workout (25 min) and weight lifting (light effort) for the scult and strengthen segment (20 min) and then cool down/stretching for that section (20 min). For me it's 400 something calories.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #47  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks
Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5' 6''

Default Omg Bl Dvd

OMG you guys wernt joking. I finally got to do workout 1 on the DVD for the fist time last night - and I felt like I was gonna die!!!!! Those jumping jacks and squats are soooo hard. I do them tho - not as low as they go but I did it. Anyone find it hard to consintrate when the other people are not going insink with eachother? I have been working out for about 3 weeks now and this still kicked my butt.....I am so sore. Well on to workout 3 tonight wish me luck!!

Angie:
1 carrot for every 5lbs lost:
Old 02-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #49  
The Young One

S/C/G: 172/162/140

Arrow

Hey guys. Everyone is talking about the Biggest Loser DVDs but which do you start with? Jillians or Bobs? I'm so confused.

Should I just start off by buying "The Biggest Loser Workout; Volume 1"?
Old 02-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #50  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

The Biggest Loser DVD's have Bob, Jillian has her own DVD's (I think there are 4 now?)- they are Winning by Losing. There is another thread for those of us doing Jillian's workouts, it is here. There are books from each trainer as well....either one will kick your butt by the sound of it, I haven't tried the Biggest Loser DVD's - but there is no shortage of testimony here at 3FC that Bob's workouts are tough.
As to which is better? There is no right answer to that - Bob & Jillian just train from different perspectives. If you watch the show you might have already noticed that. Try em both - see which you prefer? For me, DVD's get boring after a while - more choices might be better for variety. Jillian's book has a whole 12 week workout routine that you do on your own...for a third choice.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #51  
The Young One

S/C/G: 172/162/140

Thanks Gina. Ya I've noticed their different approaches. Bob is cute, but if I was on the show I'd need Jillian. I'm really stubborn and I think she'd put me in my place and then kick my butt.

Thanks again and good luck y'all with your goals.
- BeautifulD.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:29 PM   #52  

Height: 5'3

I used this for two weeks then this week I took a break from it to do my WATP..I'm trying to think of a better way to incorporate them..I actually still was doing 1 mile WATP after doing the Strength/Sculpt days because I wanted the cardio too but this week was WATP 3 miles..next week I'll go back to the Biggest Loser DVDs..I'm trying to work my video rotation so I don't get too bored of any one exercise..I'm hoping after doing the Biggest Loser for the 6 weeks that I will be able to incorporate The Firm videos back in with them..Whew..I know that is a lot of different videos but I need variety though I do like that the Biggest Loser workout has 4 different workouts..I don't like however that it has the same warm up and cool down for each portion...