The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-01-2005, 08:58 PM   #121  
Determined

Yep, I'm a balanced oxidizer, though I don't necessarily obsess about the ratios being perfect on a daily basis. I've just tried to add a lot more protein than I used to eat. Are you a balanced oxidizer too? With the soy powder there are almost 20 grams of protein in the smoothie.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:46 PM   #122  
Determined

Posting tomorrow's menu because I have to be at work so very early:

Breakfast: smoothie (skim milk, soy powder, yogurt, blackberries)

Lunch: south beach pizza, v8

dinner: oatmeal with skim milk, string cheese, apple

Snack: cottage cheese, almonds
Old 12-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #123  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Okay....here it is.....

Breakfast......2 whole wheat toast, pc of cheese, 1/4 chicken breast
snack.......apple, string cheese
Lunch......1 pam fried egg, added liquid egg whites, ff miracle whip
Dinner.......small portion of beef stroganoff (ww's recipie) steamed spinach

water so far .....5 cups....**need more**

Happydaisy.....How often do you add in more protein (as in powder)? Without too much techno detail.....what are the differences between soy protein and whey protein. I went to the drug store to check it out but found they don't sell it. I must try to find a GNC close by.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:13 AM   #124  
Determined

Breakfast: black tea/apple/whole wheat toast/1 oz 2% cheese

Lunch: subway turkey/baked chips/diet coke

water so far: 64 oz.

angel eyes - honestly I don't have a great idea of the difference between soy and whey powder. I just have a brand of powder I like that happens to be soy. All I know for sure is that soy is of course supposed to be good for the heart and that whey is a cheap protein that used to be discarded but has recently been found to have some antioxidant (?) properties and to be a very well digested protein. So I think either/both would be fine.

Last edited by happydaisy; 12-06-2005 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:36 AM   #125  

Question I need HELP!!!

Hello All

I'm new here and i was hoping you could all help me. I have ordered Jillians new book from amazon, i'm in australia so i wont get it till after christmas. So i went into a bookstore today sat down and did the oxidiser test, and I am a balanced oxidiser, which makes prefect sense. Becasue i went on a diet where i had no carbs at all and i felt really ill, lost weight quickly but ofcourse its all back with me now.

I just want to know how do you all work out the amount of food and the percentages you eat in a day?

All yoru help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

cs
Old 12-11-2005, 02:10 AM   #126  

Just discovered teh Fit Day journal via redaing the other posts on here. This seems like a good solution. I dont know how i am goign to cope with being organised though
Old 12-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #127  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroldiem
Just discovered teh Fit Day journal via redaing the other posts on here. This seems like a good solution. I dont know how i am goign to cope with being organised though
I use Fitday - I don't know how I would be able to keep track of the percentages without it. I am also a balanced oxidizer - I found that I was already pretty much eating according to the percentages except I had to bump up my protein intake a little, and knock out some carbs. Try logging everything for a week and look at how you come out - then swich things up accordingly.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #128  
soon to be goddess

Hi Caroldiem. I've only just discovered Fitday and I LOVE IT!! I'm a balanced oxidizer and the food part is....40% carb/30% protein/30%fat. With fitday it calculates everything out and puts it in to a great pie graph. I did Jillian's workouts and meal plans for almost a month without fitday and I lost weight, but guesstimated everything and I know I could have done better with the fitday site. In her book, she gives several formulas to find out how much your weekly intake of calories should be. Then you divide it out by 7 to get a daily total, all the while keeping the days intake a little bit higher or lower than the day before. I never really thought I could eat so much food and still lose, but I am!!! Bumping up my protein was another great idea. Good luck!!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:15 AM   #129  

Hey guys

That is so amazing, thankyou all for the information. The major issue i am having with Fit Day at present is the food database, because i'm an aussie i can't seem to find any of the food i eat in the database. Any suggestions???

angel-eyes & chick in the hat you guys are doing so well, i have this fear i will lose 0, my problem is i always start but then give up becasue i tend to lose no weight its very disheartening, but i decided this time to just keep going, it would have to come off eventually right?

Thanks for yoru support so far

cs
Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 AM   #130  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Caroldiem, I've found the same thing. And I tried entering my cereal into it yesterday, and found it time consuming and annoying. So I'm simply entering everything into a calorie counter book, zigzaging my calorie intake each day. Mind you I'm only on day 2.

Kathy
Old 12-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #131  
Determined

caroldiem - I hate fitday. I know lots of people on here like it and everything, but find it very user un-friendly. Just my humble opinion. I even bought the pay version and didn't like it. What I do love is dietpower. It's software and is about 50 dollars. It's available online and is so easy. Statistically we as individuals eat the same 20-30 foods over and over. So dietpower takes those foods and puts them at the top of your list. So, for example, when I put in "apple" if I've eaten raw apples it will come up at the top of my list instead of having to scroll through 5000 foods with the word apple in them. You can also add and customize foods and everything is convient to look at with tables/charts etc. Anyway, I love it. Fitday is a great resource, I just didn't have the patience for it. I figured with the money I was saving on quitting 7-11 alone I could afford dietpower.

My intake today:

Breakfast: yogurt/raspberries

Lunch: Nachos (blue corn chips, 2% cheese, pinto beans, salsa)/grapes

Dinner: grilled chicken/green beans/skim milk

snack: cherries
Old 12-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #132  

FitDay can be kinda user unfriendly...I happen to be in the software design industry..so I can think of a few fixes as I'm in there. I enter quite a few things as custom foods - they stay in the drop down list after I do that...the time consuming part is done once it's there...what can I say, it's free?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:28 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydaisy
I figured with the money I was saving on quitting 7-11 alone I could afford dietpower.
I like that 'tude, girl!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #134  
soon to be goddess

Same here chick....I use mostly the custom feature and then I just find it and its entered. I love it!! Can't say I know about dietpower, but whatever works as long as you use it.

Caroldiem.....try the custom feature. All you need is the food nutrient label on the food you are eating. I've even, added several together and combined them for a dish with several ingrediants. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 05:45 AM   #135  

Thanks for all your input. We have a diet here in australia called the CSIRO diet and the percentage of proten, fast and carbs is very close to what jillian has for a balanced oxidiser so i have decided to follow that diet plan and use jillians kick *** workout. This should start me shedding i havent lost a thing yet. Its liek my body doesnt want too, but then again i think what ruined my metabolism was this diet i did for 3 months where i didnt eat any carbs. It shot my metabolism, i lost 10kgs it was greta but it only lasted a week

Oh well i start right after xmas