The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #46  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-eyes
hehe....you just beat me to it!!! I just bought this weeks issue and saw Pete on the last page!!! Can't wait to read all about the hollywood crowd esp, Britney and Denise Richards. They both look pretty darn good for only having their babies 1-2 months!! Yikes....I'm still working on it and he's in second grade!!!
Something to keep in mind there - they have the motivation of HAVING to lose weight to stay in their chosen profession. (in Britany S's case, I don't know if she HAS a chosen profession at this point, other than being half of the 21st century real-life Beverly Hillbillies ).

Judging from the photos I saw when she was PG, Denise didn't LET herself gain any unnecessary weight during pregnancy - making it easier to lose the small amount of baby weight.

Old 10-30-2005, 03:08 PM   #47  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

oh yes I know that!! And they have all the resources at their disposal also.....trainers, sitters galore, home gyms to rival any Bally's..... I'd like to think that given to do all over again, that I'd whip right back into shape.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #48  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

TV night - if you have 30 more min. to devote to all things TBL, I believe Inside Edition is featuring a segment on Pete tonight. I saw a clip that shows him trying on his fat pants and looking really cute.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #49  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I'm going to see when that comes on. I am definitely going to watch that since I missed seeing what Pete looked like. I don't think the little video on the NBC website did him justice. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #50  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-eyes
oh yes I know that!! And they have all the resources at their disposal also.....trainers, sitters galore, home gyms to rival any Bally's..... I'd like to think that given to do all over again, that I'd whip right back into shape.
While I know from my own experience that using a personal trainer can be extremely motivating and educational (I've done it a couple of times in the past, most recently this summer), the vast majority of my weight loss I've done on my own. And think of the celebrities who, despite using personal trainers, STILL have had issues with weight loss...a trainer is great, but the spark - the willingness to do the necessary work - must come from within, otherwise it's just wasted money.

Speaking of a celebrity who has had her share of weight loss ups and downs, here's a snippet from Oprah regarding making time for fitness (I thought this was such a great quote when I first read it in O Magazine, that I cut it out and tacked it on my bulletin board!):

Quote:
I've been trying most of my life to lose weight, but when I do, I can't keep it off. Now I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. I work full-time and go to school, so it's hard to get to the gym. Could you tell me what has helped you, besides hiring a personal trainer, which I can't afford?
— Maribel Jiminez, 27, Texas

You say you can't bear to look at yourself in the mirror. I can relate. I felt that way every day I was more than 200 pounds. But I also know that you do not need a personal trainer or a gym to get fit. You need a decision. A decision on your part to take action, which means educating yourself about what to eat and making a commitment to start moving—a half mile, then a mile, two miles, one step at a time. My point is this: If you can't find time to work out, then you don't want to lose the weight. It's simply a matter of physics. So ask yourself what you're willing to do. And if you aren't prepared to exercise and cut down on your volume of food as a way of life, stop wasting time feeling bad about your weight and move on to something else.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #51  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Mrs Jim: That was AWESOME! I am cutting and pasting that for myself!