3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Questions for Jillian Michaels re: Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67247-questions-jillian-michaels-re-winning-losing.html)

SunnyKells 11-04-2005 01:14 AM

Hey sister ... discouraged .. you ask why. Oh Lord dare I go there ... Okay I do feel proud of myself for taking the initial step to lose the weight and I've been doing awesome, I will admit that. Here's the thing missy ... I've been down this road and turned around and put every pound right back on and my family & friends LOOOOOVE to remind me of that. I really have no support in this, it's kinda like "hahahaha, she's so gonna do this for nothing" and then I've got a rotten hooch I work with that loves to throw in my face that I'm overweight and I just want to pull her hair out. I'm really not a violent person but for me, it's so hard to stay strong when everything works against you. I just feel so alone in my battle here and overall it is a thing for me and I need to be strong but it would be nice to have a fan (as you say in your book) or a role model (actually that's you so I am covered there :) )
Anyway I had a feeling you were gonna say that about your videos ... dang girl, 3 sets? hahaha I will definitely do that ... I don't want to quit doing your videos that's for sure. I can't wait to get the cardio kickbox one, it's on back order but it's coming :)
Awwww thank you for your support ... you make me feel better. I am kinda lost in this point in my life so sometimes everything gets to me or I get a little stressed out and freak out -- oh you know crazy girl emotions. Anyway though, you keep me goin girl. Sometimes I feel like I only have you - there on my little TV - when I get home from work, the first thing I do is your workout video ... you have no idea what you do for me there sister ... if it weren't for you I'd have definitely bagged this already. So I know you don't like to take credit but seriously thank you, I would not be so motivated without you HERE ... your book & your videos ... you are just my motivator and my role model and I just love ya.
What's Bob's deal with the couch? hahhaa
Thanks for cheering me up Jillian, you rock!

sajadela 11-04-2005 06:11 AM

Thanks!... what's wrong with 'couch'?

Is it more correct to say 'sofa'? In my lounge there is a 'couch' and a 'futon' (which folds out to be a bed) and a beanbag - which I think belongs to the cats and seems to be made of cat hair... it's that time of year over here in NZ. Is a lazy person a 'sofa potato'?

Jillian, Thanks so much for your reply. Nice to know you are human. I've no idea what a 'reeses' is but it sounds peanuty and chocolately and that's ALRIGHT.

Eating 5000 cals on a free day is no feat at all. Left uncontrolled I am a total piglet and could eat twice that. This is why I must develop a strategy if I want to get and stay lean. I'm totally p.o'd (I believe this is a nice forum where people don't generally use bad language..) with the lose-gain-lose cycle so I'm determined to do what you suggest and allow a few quality treats within my calorie limit. I'm sure I can muster the self control for it, after all .. who's in control of the hands here? me or the inner fatty?

One thing I've noticed though is that it's waaay better to make my regular meals appealing. This is just because, yeah, it's nice to have a treat, but ultimately they are too calorie dense and eat up the calorie budget with too little real volume or nutrition.

I just finished my first week of training 'Jillian style' and it really kicked my butt. Eating was good for 5 days and went completely sideways and out the window for 2 days (i.e. I think I maintained or maybe even gained a little due to ..er.. stupidity). I have set my goal to be 52kg by April 1 next year (sooo doable if I haul *** and don't wimp out on myself). I'm also a weeny 5' 2" and currently about 62kg.

Hmmm... no question in this post. Just wanted to blab on a bit.. ;)

Edit: Scale weight loss for the week was 1kg (I think that's 2.2lb) in spite of two 'power eating' days. It looks like all those 6am cardio sessions are worth it. :D *though I hate them so...*

sajadela 11-04-2005 06:29 AM

For SunnyK

Don't worry about what people say or what you imagine they might be thinking. The only important thing is the voice in your head is the real (strong) you. Don't be bullied by your own internal dialogue.
I lost heaps of weight and what I found is that friends and family have a sort of image of you and when you begin to contradict that then THEY feel odd and insecure. But you don't have to get caught up in that - that's THEIR stuff, not yours. Don't dwell on having 'been there' with losing and gaining - that's a waste of energy. This time is new and different and you have skills you didn't have then. You can be who you want to be... so go be it. Hope that helps. You can do it.
:D

skinnyjeans 11-04-2005 08:56 AM

Hopefully a quick question for you. Some of us were wondering how often we should recalculate our weekly calories intake. Obviously as we drop weight we don't need as many cals and need to adjust. What do you suggest. Once a month? Every 5 lb or 10 lb?

angel-eyes 11-04-2005 09:24 AM

Okay...just to be devil's advocate.....I always say "chesterfield"....HAHAHAHA

RockerGirl 11-04-2005 09:40 AM

Jillian-
Since my last post I have lost 1lb. My weigh-in day is on Monday. I got on the scale today out of curiousity and showed another 1lb loss, but I won't count it offically until Monday. I am a little behind on my Fitday journal so you will need to go back prior to Oct 28th, but as you will see I eat basically the same thing everyday. I also did the Niacin test mentioned in the book and didn't have a flushing effect at all. I took the quiz and came up as a balanced oxidizer, but per the niacin test I am a slow oxidizer so now I am a little confused as to which diet I should be following.

Thanks for your help.

ledom 11-04-2005 10:39 AM

Jillian - thanks so much for your thoughtful answers to our questions. I am learning so much from you and your words of encouragment are making all the difference. You have a special talent for motivation - that combined with your knowledge of what works - and your generosity is a "Winning" combination. I feel so lucky to have such a direct connection with you through 3fc. Your answer to Lizette so hit home with me. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Jen415 11-04-2005 10:47 AM

Jillian wrote me:

Jen - you are so cute. Don't be scared or discouraged :-) I won't hurt ya... well, maybe just a little. Seriously, the key is to push yourself to YOUR limit. Not my limit or anyone elses for that matter. Remember the part about doing cardio? In the book I ask you to work at 85% of your MHR. What it will take to get you to 85% is totally different then what it will take to get me to 85% and so on. Listen, I won't be the one to tell you "oh just do what you can or just 8 minutes in the morning" blah blah blah. Listen, that stuff is placating and condesending. You are better off being told that it takes work because it does. But, that doesn't mean you have to hurt yourself or work at a level you are not ready for. The whole point of pushing you is to empower you not to disempower you. How about this, you put in 4 hours a week at and push yourself as much as you can. If you can't do what's in the book right away SO WHAT! You WILL get there... just keep pushing. Don't be scared... start out with 30 min of resistance training and 30 minutes of cardio. Does this make sense? Listen to your body - you will know when you can do more and when you need to lighten up. Also, eleanor Roosevelt said you should do something every day that scares you... when you conquer your fears it can only make you stronger. I promise you Jen - you CAN TOTALLY DO THIS. I think you have no idea what you are capable of... take the leap. It's the only way to move towards change momma. I am right here to help in case you get scared again.
xo
j

Jillian, my sistah:

Thanks for writing me back! There is SO MUCH TRUTH in what you wrote. And you are right--I don't think I know what I am capable of....but....I'm dang sure gonna find out. I am ready to TAKE THE LEAP and push myself as hard as possible.

Thanks for being there for me--and all of us!

Jillian Michaels 11-04-2005 06:22 PM

Hey there ladies... I can't figure out how to post my fat photo... Yes, I am in fact an idiot... help... anyone...

MrsJim 11-04-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillian Michaels
Hey there ladies... I can't figure out how to post my fat photo... Yes, I am in fact an idiot... help... anyone...

Here I am :)

Hey Jillian...check this thread out...

Posting a photo

If all else fails, just give me a shout via PM. ;)

tobethinner 11-04-2005 08:16 PM

Jillian,

Thanks so much for your help and encouraging words to everyone. I will do your suggestion for my night shift.
I love what I do for a living but I wish I could spend more time working on myself. I would like to be at the biggest loser camp not to win but just have the opportunity to eat healthy and workout and spend time fixing myself! I have been struggling to lose this extra 45lbs for about 5 yrs. I was 119lbs 5'5" 14%BF, when I got pregnant. I had just finished competing in my first bodybuilding show placing 5th in my weight class. My husband (a police officer) worked night shift and I had a day job so in the early morning I would meet a friend at the gym for a few hrs, go to work, and when I'd get home he'd have dinner ready, then he left for work and I went back to the gym.
I gained 80lbs with my pregnancy. When my son turned 1yr I had gotten down to 150lbs. I started nursing school so less time to workout so weight eventually came back on. This weight gain has been a thorn in my marriage to say the least. It's very hard at work to make good choices. I am a classic emotional eater and the MDs and other nurses always bring in very yummy treats. So if I'm having a hard day, hard pt, etc. I eat and eat and eat. I cannot stop and call my support system and I haven't established one at work yet. So I will stop my rambling and get to the question. How do you suggest I handle these situations?
I did awesome last week with my food and exercise and lost 5lbs. This week my husband has been home from work so I feel work was my outlet but I made pretty poor choices with the holloween candy so I've gained back 1.5lbs. I have a cruise in Dec. that I want to be in the 150's for, that way weight won't be as much of a thorn with my husband. We went to Hawaii March 2004 when I weighed 195-200lbs and I didn't enjoy myself at all and neither did my husband. I don't want to paint a bad picutre of my husband. He is a great person, awesome father, and my biggest fan. He will support any diet I try, will eat any food I cook, but he likes how I looked before (don't blame him:) ) and I liked how I looked and felt at that time also. Okay I will stop there.
Thanks again for your help. I love the workouts. I never did circuits before now and love how my body feels when I'm done. Thanks for your inspiration and motivation.

OzLoserToBe 11-05-2005 07:12 AM

I have a question.

Hi Jillian.

I don't have your book YET (hangs head in shame) so if it's covered there, sorry. Anyway I was reading your sample workout routine on TBL website and noticed that on most days you suggest doing cardio first thing on an empty stomach. I've heard that this is to get your metabolism started, though I've also heard that breakfast does that and I've heard that a warm glass of water with a twist of lemon does it too. It's gets confusing. So, firstly I was wondering exactly the reason why you do it on an empty stomach?

Secondly as a professional dieter/exercise routine tester I have on numerous occassions tried to exercise on an empty stomach and everytime I've either felt nauseous or dizzy or have blacked out. So I'm assuming I shouldn't be doing this. A piece of fruit, a piece of toast, all I need is one small thing and then I'm fine, just not on an empty stomach. Is this normal and if so should I eat something small to enable a good workout or should I eat a complete breakfast and then workout?

By the way the weather down here in Australia is fining up nicely so make sure you bring your togs. And just so you're prepared we usually refer to a sofa as a lounge. That's right you find the lounge in the lounge room, we try to keep things simple. I trust you'll pass this important info onto Bob.

You see Jillian, don't feel like we're using you. It's a two way street. I give you some useful tips and in turn you'll give me some. :lol:

Thanks heaps.

brattypatti 11-06-2005 02:30 PM

Powerful Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillian Michaels
YOu need to ask yourself WHY you want to change. THAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION. Look inside yourself... do you want to fall in love? Do you want to be more confident at work? Do you want to live longer? Do you want to feel strong and powerful and help others to feel the same way? Think of it like this... if you buy a beautiful home - I am willing to bet (unless you are paris hilton) that you had to work for the money to buy that home... but it sure is worth it once you are living there. It's the same thing with a healthy body. It takes work to build a healthy body, but it sure is worth it once your are living in it :-)

Hi Jillian,
I have been lurking and reading all the posts here and I just had to let you know that this post made me stop. . almost made me cry. I am going to print it out and put it by my computer and I am on my way to buy your book as soon as it is printed.
Thank you for your time and caring about others.

:( I just got back from Walmart and no book. Sold out. They had it yesterday ! grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: We dont have a book store here, so I will have to have my daughter search for it for me in her home town!

AMYC 11-06-2005 03:23 PM

Jillian, You Kick Butt, Woman!!!

I think you are so awesome. I love the show. I didnt realize you actually visit this site. I can not wait to see your pic. You are in such good shape now. I will have to check out your book as well.
I am getting started back on my weight loss program tomorrow, sorta did a "biggest loser" thingy at my gym. (6 week program)
I did so well (lost 17 lbs), then hubby returns from IRAQ, and he had missed all of our favs so we both have gained some weight.
I am so pissed at my self for getting back to square 1 again. I can do it again. It will be alot of hard work, but I will do it........

Amy

ps- What do you think about all the " skinny" singer/actress chicks????
They look so bad, but what sad is young girls think they have to starve themselves to look this way!!

sugarbutt 11-06-2005 09:00 PM

Hi jillian this is my first post..... i have a kinda stupid question... but here it goes.... i dont really i exercise with dumbbells and do some floor exercises... i have noone to really push me...so i should be doing alot better i know but the questions is can depression make you now loss weight..... i am kinda just at one spot and it wont change