The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-24-2005, 04:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Well I am on my way out of work (for now) to get today's workout done. Have to say I am looking forward to a little stress relief after today. Its a Monday go figure.

I sat down this weekend to finish reading the book and doing the calculations. I have to say thinking of my rewards was the most fun so far! I am REALLY looking forward to a couple of them. Can't wait to get there. This is definitely going to keep me going.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #32  

I did great today!! I'm about to do my work out. Good luck to us Skinny!!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #33  
Puggy Balboa

Well, I'm finishing my water up now. My calories are done for the day. I had 1,495, but felt like I overdid it in the snack department. I always get hungry coming off of a low calorie day, but I ate balanced so won't fret.

Skinny, I hope the workout goes well!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #34  

Okay, Monday's workout makes me want to puke, but I got through most of it. Did not do leg extensions or jumping jacks (knee issues) but everything else was done. My husband did it all... I think he's ready to burn the book LOL.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #35  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

You guys are all doing great! Good for you!

I will be doing my official weigh in tonight and doing all the calculations, etc, and getting the ball rolling tonight or tomorrow.

I have to say it was hard to put the book down last night - i am enjoying jillians direct talk and feel it is just what i need. I have just gotten past the quiz for the oxidizer - holy crap, some of those questions i am not sure of, but i will try to answer as honestly as i can i suppose. i also need to work out my AMR still.

Will report in soon - keep up the great work
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 AM   #36  

Morning everyone,
Did my first workout this morning. Got the book yesterday and went straight to the workouts to figure out what to do this morning. Wow, I was going like crazy this morning but following the routine and burned 322 calories. I think I burned a bit more but my HRM didn't register in a few spots. I looked down and it was registering 0 so I had to adjust it a bit. But I will take the 322 calories. According to the book I am a balanced oxidizer so I need to get working on the food intake. Tonight I plan on going home and doing some yoga and reading the self part of the book. Ok I am doing it backwards but can't do everything the right way The workout also only took 35 minutes and I wasn't going that fast. I did have all my weights and stations ready to go so once I get her videos I plan on doing those along with the program. I think this is the thing to get me going again.
Hope everyone has a great day
Rhonda
Old 10-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #37  
Mikey's girl

YAY!! I got my book FINALLYY!! I need to go read it now!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

OK, well I didn't make it to my workout yesterday. I got stuck as I was leaving work and ended up leaving later than I wanted. When I got home I had just enough time to change and go to my kickboxing class. So bummer that I didn't get my circuits in, but at least there was a workout, even if it was mostly cardio. I am hoping to start working out in the mornings because I think it is easier to be reliable then. But first I want to get used to getting up earlier, otherwise I'll skip the workouts for a snooze.

As far as food goes my cal intake was a little high yesterday, but nothing I can't average out over the week.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:49 PM   #39  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone!!

Like you Daisyboo.....I started reading and couldn't put the darn thing down!! Today was my first circuit workout and boy....what a killer, I sure feel it now. Didn't feel too bad while doing it, but give it a couple of hours and oi !!!

Don't forget tonights episode of Biggest Loser is 1.5 hours. Can't wait!!

Skinnyjeans....Hey? It's all good. A good kickboxing class is better than sitting on your butt veging out. I bet you got most of your muscle groups worked for the legs.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:29 PM   #40  

Tuesdays work out, done. MUCH easier than yesterday.

I need to remember to stay hydrated!! How is everyone else doing today?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:25 PM   #41  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

3rd workout today and I am starting to get used to this way of working out. It didn't seem as overwhelming today. My knee is holding up, barely, no trouble from the jumping jacks, etc., squats are killer though. Love having a new routine.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #42  
Puggy Balboa

I'm checking in for the morning. I started my 2nd week of Jillian's exercises, which is a repeat of last week. 60 minutes of circuit training and treadmill intervals. My eating has been great thus far.

My official weigh-in was today also and I lost 5.5 pounds in my first week. I was surprised to see an additional half pound loss, but I'll take it!

Daisy, I really liked the book also. There's a lot of math to get through though, which isn't my strong point.

Rhonda, great job on your first workout! I tore through the book just to get to the exercises so I get you.

JustForUs, let us know what you think and how you progress!

Skinny, yes, at least you did get a workout in. That's great!

Angel-eyes, that first workout had me so sore. I don't know how I even made it through the second day, but I did. They are killer, but get better. I'm already upping my weights.

Mrs.T, did you workout lastnight instead of yesterday morning? I think you told me, but I can't remember. Duh to me. How much water are you drinking? So far so good with me!
Old 10-25-2005, 02:43 PM   #43  

I did Monday's work out last night with hubby because of everything that went wrong yesterday.

I wasn't drinking NEARLY enough water, but when we were talking today I upped my water by 2 glasses..

I also made those cream cheese roll ups (YUM!) 80 calories and filling!
Old 10-26-2005, 04:14 AM   #44  
fat fighter

im feeling a little overwhelmed.

i did my first workout today - only 25 minutes. i just couldn't do it all. i was uncomfortable, which working out on a concrete floor doesn't help and my puppies kept trying to play with the dumbbells - while they were in my hands! I did 4 out of the 5 circuits but did substitute some things in the moment. i need to reassess my area i am working out in. i haven't got a gym membership - not ready for public viewing of my exercise just yet. i did put down a yoga mat for the floor work, but that doesn't do much with my knees on the ground trying to do a push up.

i feel so down that i couldn't finish it - but all the same i feel worn out from that workout.

i have done all the calculations in the book too - math is not my strong point either emma. Figured out i am a balanced oxidizer and my waist to hip ratio is 1.16 i am going for a loss of 2lb per week, so 8lbs per month which still leaves heaps of calories to be eaten. I have 11300 for the week which seems huge to me.

to be honest i am one of those people that doesn't eat breakfast, has about 4 coffees to see me through to lunch time, then having something like a foccacia for lunch, nothing till dinner which can be between 6pm and 9pm and then eat two servings. so getting past my daily routine and making new habits is going to be big for me.

i have always looked at fat content in my diets so focussing on the calories is something different and a little overwhelming. am i right in thinking that for each and every meal i need to have carbs, protein and fats (as a balanced oxidizer)? i mean, instead of having just an apple for a snack should i have an apple, nuts and some yogurt? just a little confused.

i think i need to use fitday to log my caloric intake too - does anyone else use it? i found that being in australia, the brands are different which means i have to create a lot of custom foods which is a pain in the butt.

just one thing - can the workout for the day be broken up? ie, could i do 30 mins weight/circuit workout in the morning and then do 30 mins cardio in the afternoon and still get maximum benefit than having worked 1hr straight?

thanks for listening - i needed to get it all out

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 10-26-2005 at 04:15 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-26-2005, 04:25 AM   #45  
fat fighter

holy crap!

just got up from the computer and it felt like i was walking on marshmallows! well those lunges certainly got me going