The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-20-2005, 04:29 PM   #151  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

How's everyone's weekend going? I"ve been a little snack-y today, so I'm trying to 'down' the water and keep my fingers busy!! Hope it works for my weigh in tommorow.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:20 PM   #152  

Good Luck angel eyes!!! I'm a little scared to weigh in after the pancake day but we shall see!!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #153  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi Ladies

This weeks mini goals for me are:

1. Limit myself to 2 cups of coffee per day
2. Replace those coffee's with herbal and green teas
3. Exercise for 5 days this week
4. No snacking after dinner!
5. 2.4Lt water per day (my water bottle is 600ml so that makes 4 bottles per day)

Ok, I had to get that out there so I will be accountable and can report back on my progress.

I think that making these goals is really important as it is the beginning of a life change. Slow and steady wins the race in changing habits formed over years and years IMO.

I am a bit worried about stepping on the scale tonight. I haven't weighed for two weeks and as I haven't been exercising or watching what I am eating - I am a bit nervous. But hey, it can only get better right?

OH is away for a couple of nights this week, which means I will be cooking for one. It is actually a good thing as I have some salmon I have been wanting to have for a while, but as he is not a big fan, I haven't had it.

The problem in our house is that OH is a meat eater and eats minimal vegetables. He doesn't eat leafy greens, or anything like that - only potatoes really. It kind of makes things difficult for me. I would rather not have to make two different meals, but I suppose I can't avoid it any longer. Doing what I have been doing is not working as we have based our meals around pasta and meat, ie, lasagna, steak with pasta.

Anyway, just thinking out loud really.

Happy losing
Old 11-21-2005, 12:56 PM   #154  

Hello everyone. *waves*
I'd like to join in this check-in. I got Jillians book about a week ago and have been slowly incorporating her ideas in and am ready to go full out with it. (3 days before Thanksgiving, I know..I like to live dangerously ) I have about 100lbs to lose. (243 right now)

After taking the test in the book, I think I'm a fast oxidizer. Is anyone else here fast
as well? It'd be lovely to look at others daily menus for ideas.

My goals for the week:
1. 80 oz + water
2. No processed carbs at dinner (except Thursday, switch to no simple carbs at other two meals)
3. Get in at least 20 min. of exercise 4 times this week
4. Begin flucuating my calories during the week to add up to my weekly total

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:56 PM   #155  
fat fighter

amy lu

Glad to hear you have Jillians book - its my bible at the moment. I keep referring to it all the time.

I am so glad we don't celebrate thanksgiving down here - its hard enough with just Christmas not too far away. Must be tempting with two big celebrations in as many months.

I'm a balanced oxidizer but I think there are a few fast oxidizers on the board who will be able to give you some advice.

Happy losing
Old 11-22-2005, 04:32 PM   #156  
Puggy Balboa

I have been having the week from **** and the period from ****. This is my second day and it kicked in about an hour ago with a vengeance. I wanted everyone to know I'm still hanging in there, but haven't been online at all. I'm not doing great, but I'm not giving up.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #157  
fat fighter

sorry you aren't feeling well Emma. chin up - you'll be at your best in no time i am sure.

just wanted to get a post in before the board closes for thanksgiving and wish you all a

i will be thinking of you all and hope you have a wonderful day with your families.

i am so excited as on friday we have a double episode of TBL which will be the final weigh in and then the final to decide the winner

it is soooo hot here at the moment - just makes me want to sit on the couch and try and keep cool the minute i get home from work, but i will prevail and sweat it out!

ps - i love these new emoticons!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 AM   #158  
fat fighter

well just did my exercise then had a cold shower and washed my hair. it is really warm today and my face was beet red after my work out

tonight we have a double episode of TBL (starts in 45 mins! ) which includes the final so I am planning on having some dinner while watching it and just relaxing with the dogs on the couch.

OH has taken his kids to the WA Ironman (about 5 hours south of here) for the next 3 days so I have the house to myself all weekend. I am looking forward to getting onto some prep for Christmas and having some quality time to myself.

tomorrow i am thinking of getting in an hour of yoga and then on sunday taking the dogs for a decent walk (depending on the heat).

hope you are all good and happy losing!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:54 AM   #159  
Puggy Balboa

Hi, everyone! I have got to get back into the swing of things. I am definitely losing myself again ... first in sickness, then in food, then in the holidays.

I get stressed during the holiday season. I'm a people pleaser (well, family pleaser) so I go nuts shopping while still trying to keep our own bills paid. Food is always my saving grace.

I haven't exercised in so long. My daughter got on me about it yesterday. Finally!

I just wanted to touch base and to apologize for my absence. I'm rarely on the computer so it's hard to really to do daily, but I am going to make more of an effort for myself.