The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Question Another have you noticed

Have you noticed that Gary seems all out there: commentor on this season for NBC, spokesman for 24-hour fitness, etc. and you don't really see much of season 1 winner Ryan?

I also watched the Battle of the Network Reality Stars and they had way more than the few participants on the actual teams on their after show and both Gary and Ryan were there and Ryan to me didn't look as great as Gary.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:44 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Maybe he gained his weight back?
Old 09-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

kinda like the american idol runner up that looks like chuckie the doll from the horror movie...he is everywhere - but not the guy who really won. ruben? from Alabama...might be whoever has a better agent.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

I assumed it's because, although Ryan won *technically*, Gary was FAR more popular with the public.

Also, I don't recall Ryan's wife all that well, but GARY'S wife and his kids...he's probably got SO much support from them! Remember the episode where they saw him for the first time in ages and how he was telling her his blood pressure was normal...all the meds gone...and the tears in her eyes...now THAT's saying that it's not just about pants size

Last year, I preferred the Blue team over the Red team (remember LISA from the Red Team...arrgh).

IMO Gary is a lot cuter than Ryan as well.

24 Hour Fitness is also using Aaron (who was eliminated in week 3 of season 1 if memory serves) in their ads. He was on the cute side too.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

I yelled at my TV whenever Lisa made those dumb selfish comments.....(if she is actually a registrar at a university, I'm Santa Clause).

Gary has been around the TV shows before....last year while the BL was running, I turned on HGTV on saturday....There was Gary and family (much chubbier) have the master bedroom re-done...(show was While You wereOut) for his wife and kids to come home. I believe Gary's original appointment was sales. He's got the older target audience, he's believeable and personable. He probably markets himself well.

Ryan was much younger and used many stratagies to win, he didn't project as well as GAry.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

I too rooted for the blue team last year and couldn't stand to hear Lisa whine.

I guess I missed him on While you were out. I like to catch it on Saturday mornings while doing some cleaning.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #7  
Empress/Queen

I also rooted for the blue team. Funny, there's not really a team I prefer on the new version, you'd think I'd like the females better (because I am one), but I find them all equally annoying except for Dr. Jeff. Guess I think he should win! That'd be nice.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:39 AM   #8  
prepare for the BEST time

I still haven't seen him at work maybe he is sequestered for the next few weeks at another sattelite office? I have to go down to his department with some bribery....cookies will usually get anyone who works here to talk.....
Old 09-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #9  
jammin on the bandwagon

S/C/G: 245/slider/145

Both teams annoy me this round. This is such a train wreck. Girls vs Boys brings out all the terrible sterotypes of both. But I still have to watch
Old 09-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #10  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
I still haven't seen him at work maybe he is sequestered for the next few weeks at another sattelite office? I have to go down to his department with some bribery....cookies will usually get anyone who works here to talk.....
Now don't you go ruining Dr. Nick's diet! Naughty girl.

I would bet that he (along with the rest of the contestants except for the 3 eliminated so far) are laying low right now - not wanting to spoil the suspense; and it's probably written into their contract with the show somehow.

(Also...I'd ask that if you DO see him, for the sake of those of us who don't care for spoilers, not to mention anything on the forum specifically about his weight...folks can always PM you if they HAVE to know )