3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Biggest Loser RunWalk (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/271774-biggest-loser-runwalk.html)

1125403 12-20-2012 07:42 PM

Biggest Loser RunWalk

Hi.

Has anyone ever heard of/participated in The Biggest Loser RunWalk?
biggestloserrunwalk.com

I guess it's the official race series of Biggest Loser. They travel the country doing runwalk events. They're all over the country, but I'm thinking of the Austin, TX 10K/5K in January.

Was just curious to hear what y'all had to say.

Thank you!

Nikel1979 12-20-2012 09:02 PM

I'm a sucker for race bling, but the only ones near me are the off-road obstacle courses. :(

kiah6 01-15-2013 07:42 AM

I would love to do this but there is not one within a few hundred miles of me.

1125403 02-13-2013 11:51 AM

went to one! Loved it. Registered for more!

Hi Nicole and Kiah6. I ended up going to the one in Panama City Beach and already signed up for next year! Will also be at The Biggest Loser RunWalks in Erie, Racine and Rockford races and mud run in Illinois. I'm hooked, ha ha! I traveled to FL from IL. I realize not everyone can or wants to travel, but wanted to let you know that so many people came from out of state and it was a really unique experience. Everyone was so positive and nice. It's still motivating me two months later! Only negative was that I was a late registrant and I guess they had way more people than expected, so they had to mail my t-shirt, but I got it and it's awesome!! Totally organized. Anyway, it's worth traveling to. BiggestLoser.com/RunWalk

dewittmba 02-16-2013 10:33 AM

I am training to do the half-marathon in Racine, WI in September! I am terrified and excited.

twosixeight 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

I've wanted to do the biggestloser run/walk - the closest one to me is an hour away in Las Vegas in April. They say its has obstacles, but they are optional....which I don't know how true that is so I'm not sure if I'll do it or not. Still debating!

Ready4Change2013 03-14-2013 12:21 PM

I was thinking about registering for the 5k in Racine- but I have never participated in one, so I am a little nervous.

Emma4444 03-15-2013 02:33 PM

1125403- how many people attended the Panama City Beach one that you did?

I plan on doing the one at Panama City Beach Dec. 29th of this year. I live in Mn but will be visiting a friend nearby. I am so excited even though it is over 9 months away. Will be doing the 1/2 marathon and probably walking at least 1/2 of it. My husband plans on doing the 5k.

hippiefemme 07-10-2014 11:48 AM

I did the WalkRun just a couple weekends ago, and it was fantastic! Everyone was so supportive, and it was overall a great event. After the run, you enter an area where you can get snacks (bagels, fruit, and string cheese at the one I attended) and cool, damp washcloths to help you cool down. I recommend it.