3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   The Biggest Loser Season 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/269953-biggest-loser-season-14-a.html)

cactusflower7 01-27-2013 06:01 PM

I havent posted in a while because I i've been really busy with adjusting to a new job and trying to get my butt in the gym. But i'm back! The red line elimination ARE brutal! I think it's crazy that Jill has ONE member left! I mean how is one person supposed to beat out 5 people on each team? Unless they do an early merge ... tomorrow night will be interesting to say the lest!

musicalchick 01-27-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2mad (Post 4606077)
Loving this season of BL, and so glad they are attacking childhood obesity!

Same here.

QuilterInVA 01-29-2013 11:59 AM

Go Danni!

ennay 01-31-2013 10:05 AM

I havent posted in forever but I had to come someplace I thought they might be discussing the show.

How exactly is $10 PER PERSON per day a tight budget? Ooooooh managed to get organic veggies on a budget that is crazy high, at least for a family. You think Lisa is shopping for her family of 6 on $1800/month? I could have steak and lobster every night on that budget.

200poundquest 01-31-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 4615058)

How exactly is $10 PER PERSON per day a tight budget? Ooooooh managed to get organic veggies on a budget that is crazy high, at least for a family. You think Lisa is shopping for her family of 6 on $1800/month? I could have steak and lobster every night on that budget.

Lol yeah, I had the same thought. I usually spend 70 - 100 a week on groceries for just me, so I have a feeling they were probably aiming that message at single people or small families with a decent income and not at the people we're actually talking about when we say it's hard to eat healthy on a budget.

I doubt most average families are spending $70 per person per week on food and families on SNAP and such definitely aren't.

At least they didn't tell them to subsist on dried beans and canned tuna. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

katrinakit 02-02-2013 08:06 AM

I was wondering the same thing. As a single woman, I budget 50 dollars a week for food and I don't think that is a particularly abnormal amount.

Sheila53 02-07-2013 06:46 PM

The police officer who was eliminated looked amazing! I imagine once his injury healed, he was able to work out more. He seemed to lose quite a bit of weight between leaving the ranch and when the after segment was filmed.

Still liking Danni--she reminds me of Tara, winning all the challenges.

shea5 02-10-2013 10:25 PM

danni is awesome, and I love Jackson too...I already like most of these people way more than last season. :carrot:

April Snow 02-10-2013 11:52 PM

agree about $10 a day not being a tight budget - although I wish they had specifically addressed the differences between shopping for an individual vs. for a larger group. It was definitely easier for the bigger group because of things that could be bought in bulk. Even chicken is cheaper when you buy the big packs - but they could have reminded people they can get the cheaper packs and then portion it out and freeze it. As basic as it sounds, some people just don't think about it.

Agree about the Danni-Tara comparison, although I think Danni seems like a sweeter person. Nothing against Tara, she just seemed tougher. Danni is a competitor but even with all the wins, she doesn't seem as cutthroat as Tara did.

I keep thinking there will be a merge or they will go to individuals rather than teams, and mix up who they train with. And each week, I'm surprised it hasn't happened! lol!

mandalinn82 02-11-2013 12:12 AM

For those of you who don't know, Jillian has a weekly podcast. She had a REALLY interesting episode where she talked about what you're not seeing because of the way the show is edited. It is available on iTunes, and is the 1/28 episode, "What You're Not Seeing on The Biggest Loser".

She talked about Nate, and why she kicked him out of the gym on the first day...he didn't fall off the treadmill once or twice, he fell of 6 times in 6 minutes, even when she had him at a walk (ie, he gave up). She also talked about why she is so aggressive in the beginning, and gave a lot of information about the girl who left in the first episode (she had some serious mental health issues, and in Jillian's opinion, should never have passed her psych eval).

Anyway, as a viewer, it was a really interesting listen.

maryshady 02-13-2013 07:37 AM

No longer like Jeff (he was never a fav but) Can't stand someone who does not abide by their word. Then gives some bs about how he is now doing things for himself.
So happy for Mike. he looks great and has lost an amazing amount of weight!! Glad there are no more teams and singles has begun.

Continue to love Danni! She is a superstar in the challenges and an all around sweet, kind person. How thoughtful of her to give away her visit with a family member. Don't think I would have been able to do that.

Jennifer 3FC 02-13-2013 09:23 AM

I'm much happier with this year's contestants. They are likable, and seem to be grateful to be there. Last year - ugh!

maryshady 02-14-2013 07:16 AM

Jennifer-agreed. Hated last season all together. So happy to have back the old Biggest Loser.

200poundquest 02-15-2013 06:32 AM

I think this is one of the best seasons in quite awhile and a huge improvement over last season. One of the few times the producers of a reality show have actually responded well after an unpopular season with the fans.

Contestants are much more likable and I like that they eliminated the pre-vote pleading sessions. I'd actually just as soon they got rid of the tell us your phony reason for voting whoever out part too.

Sheila53 02-15-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200poundquest (Post 4633955)
I'd actually just as soon they got rid of the tell us your phony reason for voting whoever out part too.

I have always muted the sound during this part because I hate it, too. I was hoping when they went to the electronic voting that they'd skip the reason part and just show the total votes per person, but no.

Danni is just an all around nice person, and I hope she wins the whole thing.

The woman at the photo shoot (Lisa?) looked wonderful, and I loved that dress. Very flattering in fit and color.