The Biggest Loser Season 14

You're on Page 4 of 11
Go to
  • Hey guys!

Just rejoining this forum - I love the Biggest loser.

So far, Jillian has not impressed me this season. She's soo angry/yelling this season. Don't like it at all!

I am going to work out during tonight's episode. Got to get some dinner now, and then I will be preping for the TV show workout!
  • Yeah, Jillian may be tough. Personally she's too loud for me. I turn mute the TV when I do 30 Day Shred. Some people need that though.

I also think that there was some very selective editing going on. They made a BIG deal about mean ol' Jillian coming back, so of course they're going to edit it so she comes across as super hard core and Bob & Dolvett seem sweet in comparison. After a zillion seasons of the show, I'm quite confident that all 3 of them can be very mean and all 3 can be very compassionate.
  • This was a good episode for me - did 1 hour of stretching while watching, then had some wedding cake for our first anniversary. I am so glad that the cake is out of the freezer - now I can fit more frozen veggies in there!

I am so happy to see some of the contestants open up and start to bloom! Better season that #13 already!
  • Do you think they really used Bubblegum in the challenge? Wondering how they got it outta their hair that stuff sticks forever.
  • I dont understand how they push contestants with muscle work during last chance work outs and then see smaller numbers/even gains (esp in past seasons) and the trainers cant figure out why...

really?
  • Quote: I dont understand how they push contestants with muscle work during last chance work outs and then see smaller numbers/even gains (esp in past seasons) and the trainers cant figure out why...

really?
    Although muscle work can make you retain water, I don't think that on average it makes that big of a difference in people who work out as much as these guys do. They're doing some form of lifting every day, so the water retention is going to be there wether they do it that day, or the day before.

For me I Crossfit 6 days a week, there is almost ALWAYS some form of lifting involved. I weigh daily, and truth be told I rarely see my lifting effect the scale. If there is water weight there it's well, always there cause I lift every day. Even if there is a jump from water weight, I can't really pin point when it will happen. More typically it will happen on a rest day, but that's just my body personally.

I could be totally off base, but that's just my two cents from personal experience!
  • Quote: Although muscle work can make you retain water, I don't think that on average it makes that big of a difference in people who work out as much as these guys do. They're doing some form of lifting every day, so the water retention is going to be there wether they do it that day, or the day before.

For me I Crossfit 6 days a week, there is almost ALWAYS some form of lifting involved. I weigh daily, and truth be told I rarely see my lifting effect the scale. If there is water weight there it's well, always there cause I lift every day. Even if there is a jump from water weight, I can't really pin point when it will happen. More typically it will happen on a rest day, but that's just my body personally.

I could be totally off base, but that's just my two cents from personal experience!
    Odd, because everytime I weight lift the numbers are insane! Way larger the next day. Whenever i do cardio though, its not really affected at all.
  • Quote: Odd, because everytime I weight lift the numbers are insane! Way larger the next day. Whenever i do cardio though, its not really affected at all.
    That's the difference though. You have cardio and weights on different days as opposed to both every day like they're doing.
  • I like the idea of working with kids on health.
  • Quote: That's the difference though. You have cardio and weights on different days as opposed to both every day like they're doing.
    But in the end theyre still pushing their muscles the day before, lactic acid builds up and thats bound to skew numbers.
  • Quote: But in the end theyre still pushing their muscles the day before, lactic acid builds up and thats bound to skew numbers.
    I think something important to take into account is the contestants are morbidly obese, whereas you are a normal weight. They may be retaining some water from sore muscles, but the fat loss is great enough to basically cancel it out.

I'm the same way as you mentioned, without fail the scale goes up when I weight train and get sore -- especially the less I weigh!
  • Did the whole "fight" scene between Jillian and the black-haired gal (name?) seem totally fake to anyone else? For some reason, it seems like she is making up drama. I had to fast-forward through her happy dance at the weigh in. She looked a little deranged.

I prefer the redline to the whole voting and boohooing scene at the end. Personally, I would rather they skip the whole elimination drama and let everyone stay and see at the end who is the overall biggest loser.
  • I think part of sending them home is to show us that we can lose at home if we have the drive. That said--I much prefer the red line, too. I don't like the drama.
  • Has anyone else done Bob's deck of cards workout?

My hubby and I did it today with burpees, pushups, crunches, and reverse lunges. I was sore from yesterday, will be more sore tomorrow! I did like it though and plan to do it again!
  • I think the deck of cards workout would be interesting, but I wouldn't do burpees!