3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

The Biggest Loser Season 14

Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #31

I like the redline, it removes all ability to game play. You are on your own and had better give it all you got if you want to stay. It sure beats you and your friends voting someone off because they have the potential of working harder and achieving more than you can or will.

EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #32

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
I haven't watched TBL in forever, but now have it on DVR. Watched last night's episode this morning.

How did they used to vote off? The red line does seem a bit harsh. I thought Nathan worked pretty hard this week...yet people who didn't work as hard got to stay.
normally the losing team has to vote one person off. Which always seemed brutal before because politics and game playing become involved. But now I'm thinking it's not so bad. With this you have one bad week and you are gone. The fact that you have done so well the week before doesn't have any bearing at all.
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #33

S/C/G: 301/287/240

Height: 5'7"

Once in a while I actually like the red line. However, if it were there every single week then I think the women would be at a disadvantage. It seems like women lose in a less consistent pattern, probably because of their TOM.

There is no better feeling in the world than starting off thinking you can't do something and you do it anyways-Dolvett <3
katrinakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #34
focused and aiming

Didn't they say this week was the last red line for awhile? Or am I mistaken?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #35

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I hope they do the redline again- I think it would be a better show if there weren't any if ands or butts- you don't lose the weight- you go home... simple. I don't care for the game play so much
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #36

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I blame Jillian for TC going home. She royally screwed her team by pushing the girl to leave. She should have followed her out what was that bs about not being ready....yeah she was not ready to be demeaned. I have always loved Jillian but she came on way too strong this season and put her team at an unfair disadvantage. I cringed on Monday nights' show when she took Danni over to Bob's team and asked who was stopping. She was trying to embarrass her. Maybe it hits me different cause I am a school counselor and when I see a teacher do this to a student I want to ring their neck! kwim?
I agree with being hard but not shaming someone. Most of this contestants come from a place of shame. Alright off my soapbox for now! lol!

The redline is gone for now. She said it would only be for the first 2 weigh ins.

I really like all the contestants this time. Hope it stays that way. It is so much more fun to watch when you are rooting for everyone to do well. Love the kids addition. So sad to see Bingo had broke his foot. Hope he continues to eat healthy while he is held up from working out.

Mini Goal: 155

maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #37

S/C/G: 326/317/159

I like the redline and I really like how they are handling the kids on the show. These kids will receive valuable information and serve as an inspiration to other kids their age. oh... and I am so glad Jillian is back!
kiah6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #38

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

I'm glad Jillian is back too, but she was even more harsh than usual. I think they amped it up though.
angiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #39

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

ugh... well, it looks better than last season that's for sure. Disappointed the one girl just walked off and then her team lost the weigh in... too bad she couldn't have talked to her team to just throw the weigh in and got sent home that way so then atleast that other guy could of stayed (sorry I'm still remembering their names).. I guess that's considered game play, but more fair game play to me, and caring about your teammates and the other people on the show. or the show could of skipped the elimination since someone left. I wonder if that type of thing, like the walk offs, are scripted and planned into the show to create a little bit of drama.

Jillian didn't really seem that harsh to me. It's Jillian, what do people expect? That's why some people love her, because of her tough love attitude. And I thought she did a good job with talking to the kids- she seems like just the person to work with them since she knows what it's like to get bullied at that age.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

How did teams get chosen this season? I missed the first episode.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #41
focused and aiming

They were just told which team they would be on when they heard they made the show.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #42
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EofAZ View Post
I like the redline, it removes all ability to game play. You are on your own and had better give it all you got if you want to stay. It sure beats you and your friends voting someone off because they have the potential of working harder and achieving more than you can or will.
I generally like the red line better too. While people can get sent home if they have an off week on the scale, I still prefer the numbers being what counts and not the game playing/alliance building stuff.

As for Jillian, I'm think that some of the first week harshness was scripted so that the kinder, gentler Jillian could have her redemption arch. and I found it interesting that they made a point of showing that while Bob doesn't yell and get in their faces as much, his actual workouts are pretty brutal.

I thought the trainer-designed outdoor workout spaces for interesting but felt that Bob's tema had an unfair advantage. With all of his "friends" there working with the contestants, it was like each person had their own personal trainer, instead of having to share with 2-4 others.

Also thought the white team should have gotten some advantage for winning the challenge and not just the reward for the kid's school. Particular given that Danni and Nate had to work twice as hard as everyone else and still managed to win! They should have gotten immunity as a team or at least a few lbs advantage on the scale.

And with only 2 people left on that team now, it doesn't seem reasonable that they can realistically compete in challenges, esp. anything that is very strength oriented so now for their sakes, I'm hoping they re-do the teams. With 12 people left, it seems reasonable to make 3 new teams of 4 people each.

HAPPY SPRING & APRIL FOOLS CHALLENGE
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm just wondering how long it is before someone on the show drops dead. I know they have paramedics standing by but it really seems too extreme. I realize that they need drama for a t.v. show but there have to be more humane ways to achieve that. I do like the show but not that part.

Jillian was downright abusive. Becoming a mother has made her into a raging *****, rather than making her kinder. I don't think she would ever treat someone that way if the cameras weren't rolling and if she would, then she has no business training people.

It's obvious that you can train people and be demanding but not abusive: Bob and Dolvett are good examples of that fact. Maybe the producers want Jillian to be rough kind of like Simon was on American Idol (I don't watch X Factor so I can't comment).

I'm gonna keep watching but I hope her behavior improves because I find it appalling at this point.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #44

Height: 5'3"

I have to agree that Jillian is going way over the top this time. She is a good trainer but she really does not need to act like that.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #45

S/C/G: 253/226/145

Height: 5'9

Remember she said several times they were six minutes into the workout when they started dropping like flies so I think the frustration came from the fact they hadn't even been working out that long. She talked about it on Dr Oz also. I love when they show the treadmills because I want to know how fast it is going. She had them running at a 4.0 which is a jog to most. You would think they were running for hours but they so intervals so in reality they a probably running for 3 mins at a 4.0 or even less time. I like Jillian and know she would kick my butt, but she is what I would need.
wendychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.