3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Crying while watching the Biggest Loser (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/251989-crying-while-watching-biggest-loser.html)

lovemydoggiesx2 02-01-2012 01:16 PM

Crying while watching the Biggest Loser

Does anyone other than me cry when they watch the biggest loser? I seem to be totally in tears every week no matter what happens. They give me so much inspiration, I have watched all 13 seasons, and am so proud of all of them. Sometimes I wish I could be one of the contestants.

Do you still watch?

TheLindsy 02-01-2012 01:17 PM

I watch. But I have never cried while watching it. I would love to be on that show, but I'm not big enough. :(

That is the only time that I'm sad that I'm not bigger. haha

lovemydoggiesx2 02-01-2012 01:20 PM

haha...I was going to type that too! Itīs the only time I wish I were bigger too!

SanityNow 02-01-2012 01:47 PM

I watch it..I don't cry, though. I don't know how those folks can endure those workouts. Also, when they don't pull 'big numbers' I don't like how the trainers sometimes blame them...they never discuss how muscles take in water during recovery when you're doing a lot of weight work, etc. And I'm not clear on their nutrition education. All in all, though, I have HUGE kudos for the contestants to put everything out there every week for the world to see.

TheLindsy 02-01-2012 02:12 PM

I just wish that I had enought time to train like they did.
I remember one season Jillian was yelling at somone for not doing their "Homework" of being active for 5 hours a day. I WISH I had the time for that. :(

MelodyLeigh 02-01-2012 02:14 PM

I watch and cry too! If I ever see someone crying on that show, I at least get tears in my eyes. There have been episodes where the tears are just streaming out! Like when O'Neal fell during the challenge a few seasons back. Oh man, I criiied.

I've always been sensitive with movies and TV shows, haha. :^:

HealthyMeWannabe 02-04-2012 08:43 AM

I watch and I cry sometimes too. Especially when they get on the scale, experience a great loss, and are crying tears of joy. I cry right along with them!

RubyRed93 02-04-2012 04:39 PM

I've never cried, but I have been on the verge of tears before. Sometimes listening to their stories about what brought them to the ranch makes me want to cry.

ontarget 02-04-2012 07:54 PM

I have cried. I really admire the people for being on the show. And I'm like some of you and have wished I could be eligible.

cherrypie 02-06-2012 10:37 AM

I've cried. Remember Olivia singing on the scale?

le506 02-06-2012 10:47 AM

I cry every time they cry during a "breakthrough" or on the scale...

I have to fast forward through the "please don't vote me off because I neeeeeeed this sooooooo bad" cries though

TLewis 02-15-2012 12:07 AM

I love to watch, and yes I do cry... they are so great! Like you.. I just wish I had the time to work out like they do... but got to pay the bills and take care of the family!

Candeka 02-15-2012 12:08 AM

I usually do, however this season is focused to much on Drama for me, so I have not felt the need to cry.

jandaman 02-16-2012 07:29 AM

i have also cried my friggin eyes out...especially when the contestants have their break-through moments/epiphanies.
this season, not so much.
@candeka- totally agree. the drama is getting hard to bear. ugh!
@le506- i fastforward that part as well, it's really cringe-inducing for me

tessendicott 02-16-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypie (Post 4205725)

I could literally cry just thinking about her singing. hahah

tessendicott 02-16-2012 11:32 AM

Also, if you watched the season with Abby in it, I don't know how you couldn't cry over her losing her husband, her daughter and her brand new baby in a car wreck all on the same day. I was a WRECK during that episode.

berryblondeboys 02-16-2012 11:50 AM

I don't watch much TV and only saw a couple of episodes of celebrity Biggest Loser, but I remember crying later about how I wish I had the gumption to just DO IT and how much easier it would be if I was FORCED to do it like they are on the show.

It's kind of cruel though to vote people off and to make it a race. Why do shows always have to make it a contest? Do they think people won't watch if it's more of a "let's help you all get fitter and thinner" and compare after a year and tell your stories.

Somni 02-17-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 4218433)
I don't watch much TV and only saw a couple of episodes of celebrity Biggest Loser, but I remember crying later about how I wish I had the gumption to just DO IT and how much easier it would be if I was FORCED to do it like they are on the show.

It's kind of cruel though to vote people off and to make it a race. Why do shows always have to make it a contest? Do they think people won't watch if it's more of a "let's help you all get fitter and thinner" and compare after a year and tell your stories.

I started watching BL last season and went back and watched a few of the early seasons, but yeah, I would prefer watching the weight loss when there wasn't the voting people off, game playing, confrontation type conflict and drama.

I only watched the second season of DietTribe, which unfortunately also seemed to be the last season, because I've always wanted to do a triathlon and that was the goal they trained to do during the season. But I really enjoyed it because it was a group of friends working together and they had to accomplish weight loss goals as a team in order to get rewards, they were in their homes the whole time so still had to deal with family stress, temptations, etc. Oh and the trainer was HOT imo.

itunes has both seasons 1 and 2, I bought season 2 a while back for 2.99 for the whole season. Sometimes I think about getting season 1 and seeing if I'd like it as much, but I'm a cheapskate and they want 7.99 for less episodes for that season. :)

It makes me sad that it's not around now though!

christyk28 02-17-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypie (Post 4205725)

that was one of my favorite moments!! i cry also, not all the time but sometimes lol. I got mad at this season though because i auditioned for this season and got a call back for my open audition and the fact that people have left on their own, that could've been my spot lol

ErBear 02-21-2012 10:16 AM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who cries during this show! I watched like 3 seasons on hulu a couple summers ago and totally bawled like a baby! Love that show so much...

fyreflie24 02-21-2012 10:44 AM

ALL.THE.DANG.TIME!

Especially when I really connect with whatever pain got them to that point... oy veh... waterworks abound.

slvrangl 03-03-2012 09:28 AM

I don't usually cry but i do get choked up! I love that show!

jinee 09-15-2012 05:27 AM

I've cried at hearing some of the stories of the contestants and what they've gone through.