3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Season 13!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #106
focused and aiming

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #107

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

oh boy..poor aqua team had to do another endorsement... I really hope they get paid or something for that.

I didn't see the part where the camera man said something? I watched on hulu and it looked like maybe some parts were cut short or maybe I missed it.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #108
focused and aiming

Chris was talking with a camera person when she was in her room having her meltdown. It sounded like Conda was talking with a producer when she was outside the gym after Dolvett showed her the door. We could hear the producer's voice in that segment.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #109

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
I'm with you. Oh she gets on my nerves. Hate everything about her

I thought the same thing She is the biggest girl on the team (maybe Ranch) and her numbers are dismal every week. I wait an hour to watch each week so I can fast forward thru commercials. Well last night i was fast forwarding everytime she talked! ugh!

I was wondering that too. Why would they keep her? She is a drag on the team as far as weight loss numbers and ability.

I noticed that too. Didn't Dolvett say high knees too. She barely picked her legs up.

afm~I love the show but I really don't care for this season. I like most of the contestants they just seem whiny though. Really like the young girl on the black team,. Really don't like the older lady on the black team that is always crying and whining. Just shush up and do the best you can.

Agreed about the guy that left early. Just wait out the week and throw the weigh in so everyone could have stayed another week since it wasn't Conda that went hom! lol!!
Ugh, I agree so much with all of this. Conda is driving me NUTS. She's ruining the show for me. Last season was so inspirational and all I want to do is smack Conda every time I try to watch the show.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #110
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

That's funny that people are saying that they found the last season better. Last season, everyone was saying they found season 11 better. During season 11, it was a consensus that the participants just weren't on the likeability level as season 10. During season 10, it was agreed that nobody was likeable, and that season 9 was much better.

Next season, I bet everyone will rave about how great season 13 was, and how 14 is such a disappointment by comparison.

But at least we haven't gotten to the "I've just about given up on this show" comment (that usually comes from the same person or people every season).

Conda, and everyone else, is just a character on a reality show. You can't judge anybody's real personality based on a reality show. They are manipulated by soundbites, misleading camera shots, and video editing so that you have someone to root for and someone to root against. You're only shown the most obnoxious things she has done over the course of a week--I can nearly garment that if she's done anything worse, they wouldn't have cut it out. They would have shown it, with dramatic sound effects and false reaction shots to fuel your fire. Interview questions are asked in ways to manipulate the interviewee, as well as get them to say the most interesting things. An interview session with any given contestant lasts 3 hours--you betcha they can dig out something drama worthy in 3 hours if they want to. The producers are psychological ninjas.

If you want to dislike her or hate her, that's great, but recognize that you're hating the fictional character Conda that's created by the Biggest Loser, and not the real person Conda. You're doing exactly what the producers want you to do--and that's fine. But right now Conda is home, watching the season unfold before her, and probably in tears the way she's being treated because of the way the Biggest Loser chose to betray her.

They could have very well shown all the good things she has done in the course of a week, and chose to make her out to be the show's heroine, but they didn't.

Mini goal:

One for every mini goal completed (5lbs):
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #111
focused and aiming

Good points. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #112
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I'm sorry if my post came off as accusitory I don't blame anyone for hating someone on a reality show. I'm guilty of it too. It can be really hard--those producers and editors really know what they're doing!

That all said, I'm glad Chris wasn't sent home. I cant help loving her. Probably because she's Mrs. Clause and all. I don't want Santa to go too, and maybe if Chris was sent home, he'd get sad and follow after her.

Also, its SO weird when they do 1 hour shows! I almost feel entitled to my two hours! (Yet I still poke fun that the show is two hours... you can't.win with me I guess.)

Mini goal:

One for every mini goal completed (5lbs):
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #113
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
I'm sorry if my post came off as accusitory I don't blame anyone for hating someone on a reality show. I'm guilty of it too. It can be really hard--those producers and editors really know what they're doing!
No problem, you're post was your opinion and that's ok... I think we all know, deep down, that everything is very well edited and made for TV and the more viewers -- us -- the better... So let's just keep a hatin' Conda, makes for great conversation

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #114
~Kim~

S/C/G: 265~252.4~145

Height: 5'4

Eh, they can't force someone to say ugly things to their trainer, accuse people of cheating just because they're sore over losing a challenge, say ugly things in weigh in and when they are all sitting around talking. They might just be showing the ugly parts of Conda's personality, but the fact remains that those ugly parts of her personality are real. I know without a doubt if I met her in real life she's the kind of person I wouldn't want anything to do with. I'll continue to look forward to her going home ASAP.

January 1, 2014 ~ 265lbs
February 1, 2014 ~ 255lbs

Last edited by TooManyDimples : 01-28-2012 at 11:59 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #115
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Height: 5'8"

OK, We're only half an hour in and I'm already mad at everyone for how they are treating the Aqua Team. What a bunch of whiners!

The Aqua Team worked their butts off at home and are running circles around the rest of them. Go Aqua!

July 4 Goal: 173

Commit to your plan, commit to your prize.
Italiannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #116

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Agreed! I'm going to have to turn off the volume soon. How can you automatically act like that towards someone you've never met?!

Yes, Adreiene was talking about working out for 14 hours, but they asked! And when they finished the workout and he could do the pull-ups and no one else could, he response was "this was an easier workout"? If it was so easy, how come she couldn't do it?

What a b-----!!

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #117
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC View Post
Agreed! I'm going to have to turn off the volume soon. How can you automatically act like that towards someone you've never met?!

Yes, Adreiene was talking about working out for 14 hours, but they asked! And when they finished the workout and he could do the pull-ups and no one else could, he response was "this was an easier workout"? If it was so easy, how come she couldn't do it?

What a b-----!!
Ditto! Ditto! I want to her... Extremely imature!!

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #118

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

I hardly post in this forum BUT...Conda is horrid. What makes her believe that she can tell a grown men when to be quiet or treat him as if he needs her permission to speak. She has never talked to the other men like that. I wonder why she feels its okay to talk to a GROWN MAN in such a demeaning way. It sounds like she's talking to a child or property. I wonder what's different about Adrian....hmmmmmm.

Welcome to my crazy life.....http://theythatweight.blogspot.com/

A City Girl's Guide to Faith, Weight and Sanity
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #119

Height: 5'5

ugh. No conda going home again. Am I the only one who thought maybe the red team lost because their focus was on her drama and not on weightloss? The aqua team hasn't even had a chance. The guy was right his grave was dug before he got there.

almost all of both teams had horrible weigh ins
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #120
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

I can't believe that they did not send Conda home--again!!

It's not the Aqua teams fault that they came back on the show like they did, the producers set that up, so I don't think they should be treating them like 'outsiders'--it's the show's fault. Maybe that was set up that way for the drama?

This episode gave me a headache.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.