The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #76  
focused and aiming

I like this season's group, too.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #77  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

Nasty the way Bob was acting in this episode. Since when does one specific exercise belongs to him?. If all this is an acting for the cameras, he will lose lots of fans if this continue.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #78  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Just going to say... I can't stand Conda!!! She is so childish and petty, it drives me nuts!!! I will be happy to see her go when her time comes, and I am hoping for tonight!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #79  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Ugh, I can't wait until Conda goes home. She's very nasty and snobby. I don't understand why people are not voting to get her out. It's not like she pulls in big numbers. My dislike for her is actually so strong that I almost change the channel when shes talking, because nothing nice ever comes out of her mouth!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Yes, she's too much, they just showed a preview, it looks like it's going to come to a head next week.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #81  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

From the looks of next weeks reviews, Conda is getting on more than just my nerves! Candeka I totally agree with you and actually changed the channel towards the end when she went into her weigh in drama. I'm a little upset that Lauren went home, as their reasons really kinda sucked. She doesn't have the distractions of family, etc., but that also means she doesn't have that support... I don't know, I just really wanted Conda to go!

Last edited by KimL1214; 01-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #82  
Token Vulcan

I didn't like the so-called logic of sending home someone because she's young and doesn't have kids and other "distractions", which seemed to be the buzzword. So basically their family=distractions=excuses.

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's the editing but I've noticed a difference in Bob for several seasons now. He seems more bored by things, more quick to fly off the handle. He doesn't seem to bond as deeply as he did with some contestants in earlier seasons. He seems like he's been doing this show so long now that there's more a mix of boredom, frustration with the game, less patience with people. There seems to be a greater sense of distance and coldness than he used to display.

Seriously....what do people think when they apply to be on the show, that they're going away for a week? It's been on long enough now plus I'm sure it's all explained to them that they could potentially be gone for several months with no family contact.

Wow, (Ana)Conda jealous much???
Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #83  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Maybe they were told to send Lauren home and keep Conda since Conda adds drama to the show well Lauren was kind of in the shadows? It is a TV show after all and drama keeps viewers. However, in this case I think it might lose viewers since a lot of people use this as a motivational show, and watching someone be rude and roll their eyes when someone else loses more weight than them is very very irritating.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
Maybe they were told to send Lauren home and keep Conda since Conda adds drama to the show well Lauren was kind of in the shadows? It is a TV show after all and drama keeps viewers.

This is exactly what I thought...Conda = drama. Lauren was kinda boring. She wasn't an ex-wrestler, ex-weight lifter or drama queen. She was kind of Tara from a previous season.

Burns me up when the guy just up and left. Bet the blue team members would have loved his team's spot since he didn't want to be there.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #85  
focused and aiming

Thought it was bad for the guy to leave since so many (MANY!) want to be there.

Conda needs an attitude adjustment as well as a trip home. I hope she gets both. Also, I normally worry about contestants reading what we're saying here; but with Conda, I hope she does.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #86  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I can't believe the guy who just up and left. At the very least he should have waited until the weigh in and ask to be the one sent home. Seems like every season there is at least one contestant who wants to go home.
Why were the weight loss numbers so low for the red team? They lost about half the weight as the black team. I wonder if they are on the same diet plans that the other team is following? The numbers are just not as big this year as in the past.
Bob's attitude is really getting on my nerves. Maybe he has always been this way and they have only shown his nice side in the past. I love Dolvett. I could look at him all day long and break out into a sweat.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
Ugh, I can't wait until Conda goes home. She's very nasty and snobby. I don't understand why people are not voting to get her out. It's not like she pulls in big numbers. My dislike for her is actually so strong that I almost change the channel when shes talking, because nothing nice ever comes out of her mouth!

Thank you! I've pretty much had it with all the childish behaviour on the ranch right now, and there is a lot of it going on. I seriously am not feeling anyone on this season except maybe Roy and Chris. The rest of them need to shape up...

And what's up with people quitting? When I think how Team Aqua wasn't allowed on the ranch and two people just bailed? Give me a freakin break! And how many people tried out for the show and didn't get a space...it makes me crazy.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #88  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I liked Lauren a lot.

I wonder how much Conda is really like that all the time and how much is skewed by editing. Seriously, if she was that annoying all the time there is no way her team would have kept her.

I think Bob has been told to fill Jillians shoes in the drama dept and it just doesnt come naturally.

Did anyone notice in the "rematch" that conda cheated? She only had one foot in one of the boxes.

Last edited by ennay; 01-18-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #89  

Height: 5'9''

Haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, so I skipped reading the last few comments....
But I am so disappointed with Bob! His comment about Dolvett being childish, and then getting all angry and whiny and resentful.. 'he watched all my seasons and took all my moves'....well if anything Bob, he would watch old seasons to take Jillian's moves because, dear sir, she used to kick your butt if you remember.
I mean I am really disappointed because I watched and loved him even prefered him over Jillian for years, and it started with that talk about John in last season, now this.... guess he's really not that nice and genuine...
And what's with his hair anyway?
Ok, rant over....

On the other hand I really like Dolvett. He was adjusting to the show last season but now he really is a strong opponent to Bob and that's what probably bothers Bob, cause now with Jill gone, he probably thought he would be the alpha trainer in the show.

I like the cast, but don't prefer anyone yet. But I got to says that bet the girls from the red team (don't know names yet) made about 3.8% was plain stupid.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #90  
focused and aiming

As to Conda's cheating in the 2nd competition--my husband and I thought she also cheated in the first one. Not the girl from the black team. Conda! If you watch it closely, Conda did not raise and extend that piece of equipment nearly as much as the other girl. And then Conda accused the other girl of cheating! Absurd!