Season 13!

You're on Page 44 of 45
Go to
  • What do you mean they lied about people's weight?
  • I was wondering that also. Who lied? I would of loved to see them lie about Kim and declare her the winner. : )
  • The only thing this season did do was document that they need to more evenly match the contestants. Two of the three finalists didn't make the most of their opportunity. There were so many others who did so much better and were just so happy to have reached their goals or significantly improved their health.

Next year I will DVR the show and wait to see what you all think about it before I get suckered into watching it. I'm not wasting another year with it if it is just filled with the foolish drama again.
  • Chris posted on her FB that she never weighed 155 like BL said in her follow up. What was her finale weigh in...163?? Cant remember.
  • Jennifer Rumple mentioned on facebook that casting has started for season 14. There was some speculation on the nbc biggest loser boards that the show was about to be cancelled because casting wasn't announced at the finale like usual.
  • Quote: Jennifer Rumple mentioned on facebook that casting has started for season 14. There was some speculation on the nbc biggest loser boards that the show was about to be cancelled because casting wasn't announced at the finale like usual.
    I really hope they work harder with the psych profiles during casting. It's really not acceptable to have bullies allowed to run lose (and WIN!) on that show. It's supposed to be motivational and, I'm sorry, I really don't find bullies winning motivational AT ALL.

Another thing.. I would love to see a second prize given out to the person who reaches a healthy BMI/body fat percentage (or maybe a pre-specified goal weight). This final was probably the clearest that the only reason Jeremy won was because he had so much more to lose initially because Kim couldn't have gone down any further, she was tiny! It also happened in the past with Sam where he hit his goal weight on campus (and Courtney's mom, I can't remember her name but it started with an M.. maybe Marcy?). Would love to see that acknowledged on the campus because if anything that's a bigger victory to see a contestant accomplish their goal and then work on maintenance!
  • they should all get some kind of bonus for reaching goal. The prize money is actually quite small
  • Quote: they should all get some kind of bonus for reaching goal.
    I think once they reach goal they already have.
  • Heard the season won't start till January next year. So no Fall season. Really hope it goes back to being the show it once was. We all know there is going to be game play. I don't mind waterloading when you have immunity, etc. But I will never watch again if it dissolves into a Jerry Springer sideshow like this season did. I do not watch shows that leave me feeling icky afterward. That is how I felt all season. I just kept hoping she would get eliminated and it would be then end of it.

I think their prize is free personal training, food, etc. for however long they get to stay. But I do agree that there should be a prize for most dramatic change, etc.
  • January!?! I'm going to miss you ladies. I look forward to coming here to read what you're posting. Well, I will miss BL, too.
  • I'll miss BL the way it WAS ... but season 13 can go right in the trash can. I hope they are taking a hiatus to fully understand why BL is supposed to be different from Big Brother and why this season was such a train wreck.
  • I havn't heard that. And the timing doesn't make sense. I think they were just late casting because it was a shorter season.
  • I have a friend that just tried out for this season so I've been reading some of the interview info that's been out there about casting. It sounds like maybe they got the message about how this season went over. Fingers crossed, anyway!

"Q: How do you choose contestants for "The Biggest Loser"?
    BN: "For Season 14, we're doing things a little differently. Instead of looking for someone that meets a certain profile, we're asking the question, 'How deserving are they?' We're looking for real, genuine people who will appreciate this opportunity to change their lives! It's really a golden ticket! We spend four to five months searching for the ideal candidates for this show and we listen to their personal stories.

--

Who they want: Nickens says that past seasons have often relied on contestants who were TV savvy, with big personalities and dramatic stories to tell, but this time he’s after something different. “For Season 14, we’re looking to get back to basics. The most-important thing is to find a deserving, “rootable” person. … It’s good to have a little back story, someone who’s been dealt a rough hand, but this is a golden ticket. We want to give it to someone who is deserving of the opportunity. A person who will pay it forward.”
  • Thanks for the info, I`m looking forward to Season 14 now!
  • So am I. Thank you for sharing. What about your friend? Chosen for Season 14?