Season 13!

You're on Page 40 of 45
Go to
  • Actually the old production company got caught in a lie in one of those follow ups before too. It was quite a few seasons back; one of the big strong guys (black team...maybe Dane?) Anyway he and his wife ran a mini marathon but didn't finish it. The sweeper vans come to clear the course if you are going too slow. They rode in a van to the finish line; but biggest loser showed them finishing and even showed their time!
  • Quote: Actually the old production company got caught in a lie in one of those follow ups before too. It was quite a few seasons back; one of the big strong guys (black team...maybe Dane?) Anyway he and his wife ran a mini marathon but didn't finish it. The sweeper vans come to clear the course if you are going too slow. They rode in a van to the finish line; but biggest loser showed them finishing and even showed their time!
    OMG I feel like such a sucker for thinking they/production wouldn't cheat and be honest with the public...
  • Quote: OMG I feel like such a sucker for thinking they/production wouldn't cheat and be honest with the public...
    I agree. It is deplorable. But, I'm not that surprised anymore. What I would really like to see is the real weigh-in. Done on a sliding doctor's scale or at least a real scale that isn't digital or bleeping with all the fake possibilities. Cut the drama and show us the real number from a real scale...without any tampering or fake camera angles or photoshopping. But, that would make it harder for them to manipulate the results of the show, wouldn't it?
  • I wonder what we're going to finally find out about Kim's 15 pounds. Really hard to believe...even if there was a 2-week stint between weigh-ins. And if she did lose the weight by doing things that professional figure competitors do to get ready to compete, what does that have to do with regular people who are trying to get healthy? Nothing. You can't tell me the trainers think that those 15 pounds fell off by exercise and balanced meals.....
  • I find it VERY difficult to believe these numbers, especially from Kim, at this point in the game. Kim doesn't have that much more weight to lose, and we're supposed to believe she pulled a 15 pound loss in a week?? (Or even two weeks!!)

This whole show seems more and more rigged.

I find it fascinating how the production team must choose the contestants. Some of these people seem to have ZERO personality and are blah-blah-bland! Others are ruthless and manipulative like Conda. I wonder how they go about choosing these folks! Just sayin'!
  • I have not missed a single episode this entire season... and of course my job schedules me to work the night of the finale. oOo, watching it the day after and not checking this forum are going to suck!!
  • I have to say Kim was not my favorite at first, but once she seemed to distance herself from Conda, and started hanging with Emily and Bob's team, I started to like her more. I am the most impressed with her results. She works her *ss off. Conda and Jeremy both seem like they held back just enough and had allies to get them this far. Just don't see the two if them making up the percentage of weight lost in only a week, even if Kim loses nothing more. They seem like they have more than 50 pounds to even be close to where Kim is in relation to how close to goal they are all. In the past wasnt the finale several weeks off. Doesn't seem to be the case this year, but I could of heard wrong.
  • I have only watched the finale of 2-3 other seasons, so correct me if I am wrong.... but I seem to remember all the finalists in past seasons being WAY smaller than Conda and Jeremy are... I don't remember any of them needing to lose anymore weight (and if they did.. it wasn't more than 10 or so pounds)...... I know any weight loss is great progress, but it doesn't seem fair if someone like Conda wins when there are people like Mike who clearly put EVERYTHING into it. In fact, it didn't seem like many of the eliminated contestants have lost much weight at home. Is this normal? For some reason, I have it in my brain that mostly everyone in all past seasons made it much closer to their goal weights by now...
  • I noticed they haven't put out workout DVDs this season... you know how every season they do Biggest Loser DVDs with the contestants? they probably know noone will buy them this season, especially if Conda is in them
  • Quote: I noticed they haven't put out workout DVDs this season... you know how every season they do Biggest Loser DVDs with the contestants? they probably know noone will buy them this season, especially if Conda is in them

I would not buy one if she were in it. Now Mike on the other hand.......
  • I haven't watched every single season. But, haven't missed any in the last several years since we have had DVR. I only remember one finale where the people were bigger. It was Mike (the Italian guy from the white team) who started out at like 500 lbs and there was a blonde girl with him from the pink team--can't remember her name. But, they both started out really big, lost quite a bit, but still had a ways to go at finale time. They did a lot of game playing, too...but they were much more likeable and inspirational than the Britt brats.
  • Quote: I was hoping Mike would win the challenge. He was the first victim and was unfairly judged and voted off.
    Me too! I couldn't believe it when I saw Mike. It's so inspirational that he managed to do that at home, and his attitude was great. No "wah wah poor me" like we've been hearing all season from everyone else. He just took what happened and didn't let it hold him back.

I'd be happy if Kim won, mainly because I want her to beat Conda... and if Jeremy wins then Conda will still benefit.

I hope that either Mike or Emily wins the at home prize.
  • Quote: I have to say Kim was not my favorite at first, but once she seemed to distance herself from Conda, and started hanging with Emily and Bob's team, I started to like her more. I am the most impressed with her results. She works her *ss off. Conda and Jeremy both seem like they held back just enough and had allies to get them this far. Just don't see the two if them making up the percentage of weight lost in only a week, even if Kim loses nothing more. They seem like they have more than 50 pounds to even be close to where Kim is in relation to how close to goal they are all. In the past wasnt the finale several weeks off. Doesn't seem to be the case this year, but I could of heard wrong.
    Yeah, but it isnt a week to the finale. The rest of the episodes were taped eons ago and between "last week" and the finale is usually about 3 months for them to go home and do it on their own.

And yes, Jeremy has way way more in relationship to his goal, but as a % of weight loss he is only 2% behind. He doesnt need to match her BMI, he needs to match her % Jeremy would need to lose 12 lbs to match Kims current %. Conda would need to lose 24

If Kim kicks *** at home and conceivably got down to the lower end of a healthy BMI (which is VERY VERY hard to do with as much muscle as she has) she could maybe get down to 128 (BMI of 20.0) Which would give her a % of 49.2. Jeremy would have to lose 41 lbs. He is very capable of that if he wants it bad enough. He is hitting the sweet spot where his fitness has finally gotten him to the point where he can shed more. If he did that he would BARELY squeak out of the obese category and into overweight.
  • I'm so ready for a new crew and hope the production team hears the public outcries; but then again, if they're going for drama, they got it and hopefully won't perpetuate it in future episodes. Feels like The Real World when they started putting people together to create conflicts!

I hope Emily makes it. I was so taken with her in real life and from what I've heard from a mutual friend.

For a season of no excuses, there are more than ever! Not much longer!