3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Season 13!

Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #46
Boston Qualifier and MOM

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/?

Height: 5'3.75"

I would be pissed now if I was aqua. Not only do you not get to go to the ranch but you have to make a Jenny-o promotion.

My before/after pics
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #47

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Can I say, I usually love Bob, but right now I just wanna kick his butt?

Why is he being so hateful, right now? "The red team is sooo cocky." "He's using all my exercises and it drives me crazy." "I had to get out of the toxic environment of that gym." blah blah blah.

Really, Bob? And I know that you were gloating about how the red team was doing more vandalism when they should've been working out, but if the 5 pound advantage wasn't in play, you still woulda lost the weigh in. What do you say about that?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #48

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I would be pissed now if I was aqua. Not only do you not get to go to the ranch but you have to make a Jenny-o promotion.
Seriously? The show really made them do that? Gawd.

I have not seen the particular episode yet but that is just so wrong on many levels.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #49
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Height: 5'3"

I loved that Bob got upset, and IMHO I think it's all an act for the cameras... I really liked this episode....

Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #50

Height: 5'5

that had to have been the most emotional elimination I remember. I'm glad he is doing well at home.

and bob is seriously annoying. Could he have rolled his eyes any further back in his head? Maybe this is the real bob and he's just been edited to look nice all this time?
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #51
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I think it is all totally scripted. Bob and Jillian were a team but that made the rivalry less dramatic. Bring in a new person and this time THIS MEANS WAR..

I hadnt noticed Bob's hair last week. Seriously. WTF. That looks like what happens when a 2 year old finds the trimmers.

My before/after pics
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #52

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I wish the people writing the script (if that's what they are doing) would go back to the way it was. Being competitive at weigh in's...Ok. That's cool. The rest of it is just crazy, and I really hope Bob is not that egotistical in real life.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
I loved that Bob got upset, and IMHO I think it's all an act for the cameras... I really liked this episode....
I have to agree, I think it is all for the cameras and I really am enjoying this season so far. It looks like it is going to be really good.

EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #54

Height: 5'5

was I the only one who thought it was kinda stupid of the red team to vote off one of the biggest players this early?
Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #55
~Kim~

S/C/G: 265~252.4~145

Height: 5'4

Yay for a new season! That was one crazy, drama filled elimination last night. I felt bad for Mike because we obviously haven't been seeing whatever his behavior was that made everyone dislike him. Even with his attitude during the last chance workout he still lost 7lbs so it was just silly for them to be claiming at elimination that they were voting for him because of his effort. It was obviously personal. I don't like Conda so I will look forward to her going home.

Kim better be glad she had a better personality than Mike because otherwise she obviously deserved to be the one going home.

Love Dolvette and Bob and I actually find their little rivalry funny. It looks like it's going to be a good season.

January 1, 2014 ~ 265lbs
February 1, 2014 ~ 255lbs
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #56

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I thought they got paid something to do those endorsements, maybe at the very least they give them a year supply of Jenni-O turkey.

Bob can be mad about Dolvett copying him, but it looks like Bob is copying Jillian now. The entrance with the motorcycle in the first episode is a similar entrance Jillian did in I think it was season 4.

I'm not sure about the red team making a 95 pound bet, they said they didn't know poker much so it seemed like they didn't know what they were doing and just bet anything. It also seemed like maybe they didn't know how much 3.8% would be in pounds...they probably just didn't want to admit to the camera and everyone they made a mistake lol
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #57
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Maybe Bob decided he needed to up his attitude so he didnt end up with a crazy stalker like last season.

Or maybe he's just mad that the ladies all called Dolvett a hunk and a half last week.

My before/after pics
Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #58

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

After the elimination I really can't stand the red team. Don't like their condescending attitude. Don't know what the guy did but just thought it was really petty and mean to act the way some of them did. Just say you voted for him and leave the rest out of it. I really think Kim should have went home. It was her fault they lost the weigh in and she lost the least amount of weight.

I agree that they shot themselves in the foot for voting off someone who had the potential to lose a lot of weight in coming weeks.

Can't stand Conda either. She has a real chip on her shoulder and can't wait for her to go home.

Though the at-home team looked like they lost weight. You could kind of see it in their faces and what was it with the guy and the scarf around his neck. Has he lost that much weight that they didn't want to show his neck sagging?

Mini Goal: 155

maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #59
focused and aiming

I was shocked at the elimination, too. Usually the contestants are "nice" to those being sent home. I am glad Mike is doing well at home. I hope he can quit tobacco as well as lose weight.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #60

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I hope Mike does well, but I just get the feeling there was a LOT that went on with that team for things to happen the way they did. Mike came off, to me, as a really nasty person. So did what's her face who was arguing so much with him. But something about Mike rubbed me the wrong way.

MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.