The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
there is a teaser on tmz about it today guess they are talking about it on the show and an interview with bob I ran accross
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...s-season-nasty
thanks for that. Was a really good read. Loved the comments at the bottom too. Seems like all the viewers pretty much feel the same way we all feel. Wasted season on a bunch of barely losing weight babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
right...wasn't it last season someone drank 3 gallons of water before the weigh in and gained like 17 pounds? I though that was odd they were loading on bread. if they walk off the show don't they automatically forfeit like that guy Joe did at the beginning of the show?
Your right but this group of people just don't seem to get it. I feel like most of them will go home and gain all their weight back. They seem very entitled, nothing is my fault, whiny kind of people. They don't think they just react to each situation.

Has anyone else noticed how horrible the weight loss is this year. What are we in week 8 and no one has even reached 100 lbs yet!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #272  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Conda makes me want throw things at the TV. Also Kim.

I like Chism and Jeremy. Also the girl in orange (cant remember her name but she came in with her grandmother).

But everyone else I'm kind of meh about. There's not one single truly inspiring person in the entire group and I think I'm just gonna stop watching til the finale...that's my favourite bit of every series anyway!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #273  
~Kim~

I didn't watch it until last night. This season just plain stinks. I was definitely liking the black team better, but I can't believe how amazingly fast Conda infected them. One week on the team and they're all acting like high schoolers too. It was pretty clear that it was Conda's idea to throw the weighin by what Emily said about letting Conda effect what she does there.

I don't get why all these people like her! Do they not see that she's the one that has brought so much toxic energy to the house? I laughed so hard when they were in elimination and Conda said something about the house having a toxic feeling, and than when she tried to make that little hit on Daphne by saying she was being a good example for her daughter. That poor child.

Daphne made some mistakes, but I think it would be so hard to rise above when you're already in that environment and than to have all that drama coming at you from so many different directions.

I really don't care for anyone left on the show too much. Cassandra has always been a tad annoying to me but tolerable, but after the way she acted on the scale and in elimination I'm completely sour to her now. Never cared for Megan much, her attitude stinks too. I really see so much high school crap going on. It's like Conda is the new girl in school who thinks she's all that and these two girls who are already insecure gang up with her and feel like they belong so they pick on whoever the leader wants them to. Conda came right in and took over the black team. Emily seemed the most genuinely embarrassed by what she did and she hasn't seemed to feed into the drama that much so I guess she's at the top of my list for now.

I don't really care who wins anymore, as long as it's not Conda of course. Hopefully they cast better for next season. Another one like this and I will have to stop watching. I already mute a big chunk of the show as it is.

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 02-24-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #274  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

I got cozy with my DVR last night and caught up on BL - finally!

I am almost at a loss for words. I've followed BL for many years and have never had such strong feelings about particular contestants (as well as the whole group in general).

*Conda* seems to be the mean-girl ringleader, no matter which team she is on. That really says something. Bob is right - she's a BULLY, plain and simple. On another hand, it's fascinating to watch because Conda is also clearly very insecure with herself, which is why she's always the sh*t stirrer.

I have mixed feelings about Kim. She seems kinda ... well, rough. But that being said, she's had a few moments where I've been in her corner. For example, taking the leadership role of the red team while Dolvett was training w/Conda at home. Otherwise, she seems like a Conda cohort in the bullying department.

I have a friend-of-a-friend who lives in Huntersville NC and knows Emily from the black team. She only has said positive things about Emily and that she seems to be a good kind-hearted person, not a bully.

I don't know. Chism seems to be dead weight to me, and I think his father is the main reason he is still safe in the house. Mark seems like another one of the bullies.

And don't even get me STARTED on Daphne. Although I gotta say, I was feeling really bad for her - she didn't stand a chance. Adrian seemed to be a jerk, but Daphne seemed to really be trying. She make a big mistake in lashing out at Conda rather than avoiding those PB Cups and minding her own beezwax, IMO.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling, but suffice to say, I am really disappointed with this season's contestants. I'd rather see positive people who are there for the right reasons rather than this backstabbing and bullying.

Great comments all around. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #275  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I personally think Daphne had the last laugh. She's no dummy. I think she had a plan all along. Stir the pot, make people freak and get the heck out. She was doing better at home, and she knew Conda wasn't going anywhere too soon. If she would have won the weigh-in, then it was pretty certain Chris would go home, and I don't think Daphne wanted that to happen. So once she saw that the rest of the black team was playing right into her hand and slacking and actually eating more and throwing a weight-in in a way that would move them back a few notches, (and be detrimental to their personal weight-loss) her plan was in action. All she had to do is chug a few quarts of water and be out of there leaving the rest to have to work harder than ever to undo their damage...Oh, that was the smell of SWEET revenge. I thought it was great!

I especially loved it when Conda said in the elimination room, that she "doesn't take revenge". What in the h#ll was her +1 pound? She's so ... ugh.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #276  
Paso a paso

S/C/G: 264/Ticker/160

Height: 1.65

I finally saw the show last nite.
Ufff where do i start? ...let's talk about the Daphne's plan (as i think it was hehe).

As Lori Bell said i think she got a plan, not in short term (i don't think it will work but this is what i though) She changed Jeremy and Conda just to make them the 'outsiders' now, they are not in their all loving teams anymore and they can be the first ones to be send home when the time comes. For example, the black team would never write Jeremy's name down, but the red team will probably do.

In the end gaining the 2 pounds was like i donīt give a f ... i don't really want to be here anyway, and that is a big slap in the face to all of them. I wouldn't stay in that enviroment either, most if i am doing great at home.

Really hate how they all acted in the scale, as Bob said, nobody is stupid. Allison was pretty upset too.

Regarding the people selecting the cast, there's nothing they could've done to see how this new season will act. Everyone show their best videos, show their best faces and sides. Sadly they all are a bunch of childish, whinny full of excuses people, but it was a coincidence i guess.

Last edited by Lyla; 02-24-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #277  

S/C/G: 200/TICKER/160

Height: 5'7

By the sounds of his tweets, Mark is one of the ones who did not return.

"...I had to walk away from the drama rather than care about cash/prizes. Hopefully people will understand."

"... I guarantee we have won by getting our lives back! It was important for me to walk away from the drama."

These were replies tweeted today.

Of course, this is all speculation!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #278  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHO (might of) WALKED AWAY!..... Fair warning!

On Mark's twitter (I just looked it up after safyre posted about it), it sounds like both Mark and Chism walked away. Someone commented "You two were my fave and I am trully bummed out you both left. I wanted Chism to win every step of the way. It just s*%ks"..... and Mark replied with "Thank you. I guarantee we have won by getting our lives back! It was important for me to walk away from the drama."

Last edited by Candeka; 02-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #279  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm sad for Chism; I really wanted him to get the full benefit of his time. I guess they do have each other at home to help. Sounds like a real back story!
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #280  
IF for Life

S/C/G: 198/183/147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
DO NOT READ THIS COMMENT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHO (might of) WALKED AWAY!..... Fair warning!

On Mark's twitter (I just looked it up after safyre posted about it), it sounds like both Mark and Chism walked away. Someone commented "You two were my fave and I am trully bummed out you both left. I wanted Chism to win every step of the way. It just s*%ks"..... and Mark replied with "Thank you. I guarantee we have won by getting our lives back! It was important for me to walk away from the drama."
I think Mark was a huge part of the drama, and Chism too. Mark has always been preachy, and remember when Chism and Jeremy wouldn't accept Chris's apology a few weeks ago? It seems like almost everyone on the show this year likes to kick people when they're down. I always loved how people banned together to encourage each other. Not this year.

Maybe Mark and Chism started to realize the bad press they were getting and decided to cut their losses - or maybe they were next on the chopping block.

I actually like reading the posts more than watching the show. TBL is the only reality TV show that I watch (or watched). I'm done until maybe next season - maybe.

Last edited by Italiannie; 02-24-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #281  
focused and aiming

I just read some of Mark's tweets on Twitter. Do I need a life or what? Don't know what to think about who's left. I just hope it's not Conda.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #282  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

I totally missed the Chism/Jermey/Chris thing... !!!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Wonder how Mark can get away with just talking about it like that? Bet the next news will be a lawsuit for breach of contract or something...
Old 02-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #284  

Too bad it wasn't Conda. I think Chism is very immature and mean spirited, just like Mark. He is young and very overweight. Same with Jeremy. I just wonder why they aren't having huge losses each week. None of them are, when you think about it. No one has hit 100 lbs loss yet.

I still think they need to eliminate the person with the lowest percentage of weight loss each week. That way they can't play those silly games and throw weigh ins, etc. Would be fair to those working so hard and get eliminated because they aren't in the clique

Last edited by pam920; 02-24-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #285  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Very ironic tweets coming from Mark. He was absolutely a big part of the drama.

Both Chism and Jeremy were horrible while Chris was awkwardly apologizing to them a few episodes back. Granted, Chris is obviously not a "people person" and seems to lack some social skills in dealing with different personalities. However, she was clearly TRYING to communicate that she was sorry and wanted to build a relationship with them. And they were JERKS, in my opinion.

Ugh! There are very few contestants this season that I have any respect for. And that's pathetic.