Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?!

You're on Page 9 of 21
Go to
  • Oh thank goodness I found this thread. I've been watching BL for a while now, I laugh and fast forward through most of it. I can't believe how ridiculous it has gotten.
    And yes, Bonnie gets on my last nerve! I am rooting for the red team, just because I want to see them win. I feel for them but a what a few of you have pointed out has made me start to doubt Vinny, he really should be losing a lot more than he is.
    Ah, well, it's all "reality" tv.
  • Just a couple of quick comments after looking through this thread this morning.

Evidently BONNIE had no clue she would be pushed on the BL show! I can't stand her either...COACH should still be there.

ANNA is not BOB but she is quite qualified to train the group she is with! She has taken a bad rap her whole life because all she could be was only a top 10 single players in the world...don't forget she was #1 in doubles...she is not worth over 50 million on looks alone...give the kid a break!

ANTONE does not get the recognition of an NFL player the other guys got because he was a huge draft bust and had a reputation of being lazy and an underachiever. I am glad to see him step up a little! Good for him!

I think VINNY may be a behind the scenes "snacker".....step up or shut up!
  • I'm excited about tonight's show.
  • OK...that was just crazy! I know everyone got on Jen for her attitude, but none of them pulled decent numbers except John. What is up with that?

And what was up with Anna at the beginning of the show saying "It's no secret that Jennifer relies on Bob...." Uh....it was to me. Or am I that unobservant? Either way, I think her attitude was just a tad on the obsessive side. But maybe that's just me.
  • she was pretty obsessed. And what about Anna outing the love birds on the scale? was that inappropriate or what? Wonder how bob is going to react to the black team voting out one of their own.
  • I took Anna's outing the two of them as concern. I think it probably did play a big part in their numbers...we all get a little complacent in new relationships. These two are probably no exception.

Couldn't believe the 5 pound gain, though! Why didn't anyone accuse her of game playing, like they've done in the past?
  • Well that was a crazy episode.

Liked seeing Bob really go at Vinny. Vinny grew on me a bit this week. Every time I think of him saying, "I'll stone them with candy" I giggle. haha

I still don't love John, but this week made me soften up to him a little bit.

Ramon and Jessica were cute. Who knows if it's a relationship that will last, but it seems like they're really helping each other. I'm sure the producers pushed Ana to have that little talk with Jessica and they were trying to build some drama with that little scale confrontation thing Ana did, but I thought that was really uncool. Almost everyone had a bad week so her singling them out and trying to say the relationship had something to do with it was completely wrong.

Poor Sunny, they always say traveling and all that does funny things with the scale, but 5lbs was crazy and she was so devastated.

Yeah, Jen seemed a bit obsessed with Bob. She was way too emotionally attached to him. When she and John voted for Ramon I was getting mad but I'm glad the rest of the Black team did what was right for themselves and got the bad energy out of the house instead of worrying about Bob wanting the team to stay together. Jen was doing great at home so hopefully she works on her emotional issues because she seems like a great person otherwise.

Yep, crazy crazy episode.
  • Yep, crazy episode. I missed the first 15 minutes but will catch it in a few minutes. In fact, I'm going to rewatch the whole thing. I don't understand why all but John had "Ranch Pitiful" losses.
  • I though Anna was very negative with a lot of her scale comments. Bob and Dolvett were all propping Sunny up and she was miss negative. And there was someone else she said kind of negative scale stuff to.

My guess is on Sunny with the pressure to save the black team last week she weighed in severely dehydrated and was expecting to at least lose the difference this week, but she rehydrated and didnt lose much real weight. Nobody accused her of game playing because everyone knew what she did to make it happen last week and who was going to be mad at her about that?

There is producer shenanigans to consider. Last season (? The season before?) they did a group weight challenge and there were a bunch of low numbers. Whatever the reason for the low numbers (short "week", they changed up everyone's trainers so were expecting extra water weight, they changed up something else in the house that they didnt tell us about - maybe a carbohydrate refeed week ) my guess is the producers EXPECTED low numbers and hence partly the reason for the structure of this weeks weigh in. Despite Bob's acting skills (sarcasm) I dont think he or any of the trainers was as shocked by the low numbers as they pretended to be.

Remember we dont know how long a week is on the ranch. Some weeks are longer than others. (which is why they finally started saying last season that it was the record for 6"weigh-ins", not 6 weeks)
  • I just started watching this season, I'm really enjoying it so far! I noticed the other day that Netflix seems to have all the old seasons on streaming too so I've been thinking of starting those up at some point as well.

I wasn't crazy about what Anna did on the scale. Nearly everyone had bad numbers that week, so there was no reason to single Ramon out and basically chastise him in front of everyone, especially when she's not even their trainer (even if this is all for 1 week).

I don't know, Jen seemed like kind of an emotional drain to be around. I still don't know if I could vote off someone from my team if I didn't have to, but I imagine when you feel someone is a negative energy that could be incredibly taxing when there are enough pressures to deal with.

One of my friends said Jen mentioned Bob so much at the end that she almost expected her to show up on camera wearing an I heart Bob t-shirt (apparently such things exist!).
  • well, you gotta figure that there is probably a lot of stuff going on that we DON'T see in the house, and at workouts, so Jen could have really been a mess for all we know....heck, Antone was saying that LAST week, that she needed a million different doctors (he even included Dr. Dre which i thought was hilarious!). I just want Bonnie to go...i can't stand watching her at ALL anymore. i would way rather have Jen and her headcase drama on the show than have to listen to Bonnie and her freaking excuses and whining. Plus she is just DEAD weight...did anyone notice in the Maze challenge that she didn't even DO it?!?! she went through one time and that was it. every time you saw her she was standing at the finish line, she never went back in. i was hoping Bob was going to single her out and teach her a lesson for the way she was whining about Anna. *sigh* no such luck.
  • I felt so bad for Jen... Either, I'm not paying attention or I'm a true softie for her. I didn't see that she has a hassle to be around. I mean, hello, you all have emotional issues and that's why you eat! Jen's problems didn't seem any different to me... I was actually getting sick of Antone complaining that he wasn't being treated like an NFL player and even more sick of him when he kept crying and collapsing.
    I was actually glad that someone called Ramon and Jessica out for their budding romance. When I was in inpatient treatment, there were always the people who had "rehab romances" and that really helps to deflect attention away from working on yourself, you end up focusing on the other person, the relationship and can end up losing yourself. Jessica has said that she has "lost her identity" in prior relationships, which is why I was glad someone said something, I will say that Anna's delivery isn't always the greatest.

Weird show last night though, I definitely felt like this week some producer was either messing with the "scale" or it was a very short week.
  • Quote: he even included Dr. Dre which i thought was hilarious!
    omg! i had to rewind that like 5 times... hilarious!!!
  • Quote:
    Yeah, Jen seemed a bit obsessed with Bob. She was way too emotionally attached to him.
    Thank you, TooManyDimples. That is exactly the sentiment I was looking for this morning and couldn't come up with.

Quote:
    One of my friends said Jen mentioned Bob so much at the end that she almost expected her to show up on camera wearing an I heart Bob t-shirt (apparently such things exist!).
    Somni, your friend is right. When Jen says she loves Bob, I'm not sure that it's just a word she is using...

I think Anna doesn't always have the best timing or use the most tact, but she does have a valid point about relationships being a distraction. That's why these people are being isolated from their families. And I think it was a good point to make for them because while no one had good numbers, those two are the only ones with a different dynamic added to this process. Far be it from me to criticize or try to tromp out a budding "love", but it is something they need to evaluate and keep in the front of their minds.

I wish the producers would let this be a real reality show instead of staging things and manipulating numbers, if that's what they are doing (If that sort of thing is responsible for the dismal numbers last night, shame on them. If they aren't, how in the world did that happen?). The weight loss journey is so different and special for each person, that their trials and triumphs and discoveries about themselves is motivational enough.
  • I'm not saying they are necessary manipulating numbers, just that they had reason to expect a low week. What we dont see is everything that goes on with the weekly medical evaluations, we DONT see what they eat, a lot goes on that we dont see. Maybe the doctors didnt like what they were seeing in a fair number of people and ordered some change in routine/break/dietary change etc for a week. It's happened before where a whole week was "off" crazy low and I think the producers dont necessarily do it for drama but take advantage of it. i.e. timing "reset" weeks together so they dont lose a potential superstar. Or in this case they can control a bit who gets eliminated by protecting 1 vs. yellow line.