The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #571  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I think this week was boring because the episodes are being cut short and feel rushed. Whats up with the show being only 45 minutes now anyway? And 20 minutes is for the weigh in!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:37 AM   #572  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

Next week is back to 2 hours
Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #573  
focused and aiming

I'm glad it will be back to 2 hours. I need my BL fix.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #574  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I didn't like anyone's "new look." Hannah's hair looked like a bad wig. The color wasn't good for her, and neither were those gawdawful bangs. Olivia's wasn't too bad, but it made her look a lot older. I like Irene better with her hair it's natural color. Jay didn't look any different. I wish Austin had actually let them shave him completely. I wasn't big on the prom clothes, either.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #575  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

It was most boring BL episode I have watched to date. Iam so happy it was only one hour because I do not think I could have sat through 2 hours of that. I cant wait for the finale for this season to be over and done with!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #576  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I didn't see anything last night (my Zumba class is now from 8 to 9) but it looks like I didn't miss anything. Hopefully next week, I will catch the last half-hour.
I am not that thrilled about makeovers (on TBL, that is) myself. I like to see them at the finale, but the makeover episode is not necessary at all, IMHO.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #577  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

BOOORRRRING!

I'm so annoyed that they didn't kick off someone from the show this week. Jay's head has clearly not been in the game since he returned to the show so why should he get a chance to stay on? Most likely, now, one of the girls is going to get kicked off next week because seriously how much longer can they keep losing weight? Hannah has to be insanely close to her goal weight, right?

I agree also about the make-overs. They always look kind of cheesy to me. Too much make-up and the hair is always so big. Maybe this is my own personal bias but I think some of the contests would look a lot better if they taught them how to accentuate their natural beauty and not just slather on tons of make-up... Ok, I'll shut-up now.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #578  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
Darn it. I was really hoping Jay would be going home tonight. It's not that I dislike him, but I find it so unfair when contestants get sent home and then brought back. I'm still very sour about Ali winning in season 5.
I don't mind the contestants being brought back (well, only in 1 case and that was TBL Australia bringing back Adro because another contestant was supposedly taking vitamins or something????). And in Ali's case, I thought her ouster was particularly unfair because it was about alliances and not weight loss. The yellow team (Kelly and Paul) had the only vote and they couldn't pick their intended targets, Mark & Jay, because they had immunity, so they went after the brothers' friends, Ali & her mom. I was actually glad Kelly came in 3rd place that season because she was so whiny, she even acted in an interview like Ali took the win away from her (never mind Roger was in 2nd place).
Also, that season also introduced the America voting thing, which also could be interpreted as unfair because it changed up the way the game had been played. If the shoe-ins, Ali and Kelly, had been allowed to vote, they said they would have kept Mark and sent home Roger. As it turned out, America voted the reverse.
There are lots of times when the changing of the game rules has caused either unfairness or justice, depending on perspective. In Season 6, Heba would have beaten Michelle and won the show were it not for the fact America hated her and made sure she wasn't the 3rd finalist.

Honestly, I was hoping Hannah would go home. She and her sister are thin now and still act like they're not going to have a clue what to do when they go home, particularly Hannah. But they keep ending up against bigger people who fall on the sword for them.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 05-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #579  

Height: 5'5"

I don't like these 1 hour shows either....BUUUUUT, i'm glad that i watched this one because the Pier Challenge was filmed in the town i live in!! and i had no IDEA!!! my boyfriend and i were sitting there and he said, "isn't that surfers point in the background?"...and sure enough. He and I walk that Pier AAAAALL the time...had no idea it was a quarter of a mile long.

Oh, i have kind of a randome BL question...has anyone seen anything online about Elizabeth from last season?? I'm really curious to see if she gained her weight back.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #580  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeluver67 View Post
I don't like these 1 hour shows either....BUUUUUT, i'm glad that i watched this one because the Pier Challenge was filmed in the town i live in!! and i had no IDEA!!! my boyfriend and i were sitting there and he said, "isn't that surfers point in the background?"...and sure enough. He and I walk that Pier AAAAALL the time...had no idea it was a quarter of a mile long.

Oh, i have kind of a randome BL question...has anyone seen anything online about Elizabeth from last season?? I'm really curious to see if she gained her weight back.
It really doesn't look like it! http://www.golocalprov.com/beauty/bi...ss-power-walk/ She actually looks like she's lost a lot more!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #581  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

I thought the whole episode was cheesetastic, and I really hate that Jay didn't go home.

The prom look was annoying. I like that they do the makeover thing for them, but I hate that it cuts into their workout time so much.

I'm so excited for TBL to go back to singles!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #582  

OMG.

I really hate that Jay made Final 4. It's like Elizabeth making it last year. And I cried when Austin started crying, even though I'm not an Austin fan.

Wow. I'm so excited for next week!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #583  
Sassy, Classy, & Badassey

S/C/G: 239/221.8/135-ish?

Height: 5'5

Who went home?! Tornado warning made the weather update come on the TV.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #584  

Austin went home.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #585  

Height: 5'5

I can't believe they voted Austin out. He is one of the couple that needs to still lose some weight.