Biggest Loser Season 11

You're on Page 3 of 45
Go to
  • Quote: Am I wrong here? When they were at the challenge Alison said they could pick the new trainers and get four weeks of immunity, or Bob and Jill and get one week of immunity... but they didn't give Bob and Jill's team a week of immunity. Anyone else catch that? My husband and I heard it and were confused when they had a weighin at the end and someone went home.
    I thought that it was only one week of immunity for the team that actually won the challenge. If they had picked B&J, they would have been immune the first week, but everyone else was eligible for elimination.
  • I don't like the four weeks of immunity thing at all....I hate when they offer long-term immunity to anyone. Just takes away from everything. I mean, WHY should those people work their butts off for four weeks and have big losses when they can save the losses four weeks and have them when they count?
  • Quote: Looked like it's going to be a goo season. Though they are dragging the unknown trainers out far too long. Loved the little hints at the weighin of how well the other team is doing.

I would have gone for immunity too. It's not like they wouldn't have hired qualified trainers

I totally agree. I'm sure they interviewed tons of trainers and hired the most qualified. I would have chosen the unkowns. Besides the 4 wk immunity you also have fresh blood. We all know how bob and jillian work....time for a change

I already have a favorite....Courtney from Team Aqua! But of course no question I do wish all the contestants the best of luck in there journey to a better healthier lifestyle
  • That makes sense Peanutt. Thanks!
  • I'm afraid Courtney and Arthur won't lose as fast as the others due to their already having lost so much. I hope I'm wrong but if they are like we are weight loss seems to slow the longer your at it.
  • Most places around the internet are reporting that the female trainer is Cara Castronova - http://starcasm.net/archives/79954 Her voice in those videos seems to match up and she's a two-time Golden Glove winner (as is the new BL trainer).
  • I also liked the enthusiasm and perseverance of the young blond girl on the green team. I, too, wished they would have introduced the new trainers and I wonder if we all have to wait for four weeks to find out...
  • I found it so funny that they kept 'teasing' us with those new trainers. Who really cares? Unless we already know them (and if we did we'd be able to figure out who they were with what little information we were given), it doesn't make a difference to the audience. It was more annoying than alluring.

That said, this season looks so interesting. I usually don't root for any of the males, but this time there are so many of them that I want to see succeed... I still want a female winner, but these guys don't seem too bad. I wonder when they're going to start up with the game playing though

I too thought that the choice between immunity and B&J was a no-brainer, haha. I have to wonder if the B&J team are going to get a leg up later on. Perhaps after the 4 weeks, it becomes black and blue. Who knows? It's a very interesting twist though and I'm enjoying this season more than the last one too.
  • I doubt it would happen - but I think it would be interesting if the new trainers were former players.
    Who's going to know what the contestants are going threw better then some one whos been there and kept it up?
    Just a thought
  • none of the former contestants have gotten to look as good as these new trainers though. They get down but you have to have 6 packs and be able to know how to be an instructor. I'd trust that person more.
  • Just watched this last night! I think it is going to be a fabulous season! Can't wait to see how things go!!!
  • Can you believe one of the contestants lost 41 pounds in a week? In a week?? Even if that "week" was 10 days, or if he drank a couple gallons of water before the first weigh-in, or if the majority of those 41 pounds are water weight... 41 pounds IS INCREDIBLE. Unbelievable, even. Imagine waking up a week from now 41 pounds lighter I never heard of such a thing!

Speaking of water loading, I wonder if the unknown team is going to water load just before the merge to guarantee themselves another week of safety from elimination. (I always hated when the immune contestants did that; it always seemed so cheap and unfair.)
  • What does water loading do? Never heard of it? I don't usually watch that show so who water loads?
  • Quote: What does water loading do? Never heard of it? I don't usually watch that show so who water loads?
    In this case some of the players on the immune group might try to have a higher weight for their final immune weigh in....drinking lots of water so that they weigh in with that extra weight. Then the next time they weigh it'll seem like they had a bigger loss than they actually did, giving them a higher percentage for the week. Hope that makes sense!
  • Interesting group of people.

What a difference 500-plus pounds looks like on someone tall like Michael vs. Arthur.

I'm getting a kick out of Rulon's partner, Justin. At first sight he reminded me of MELISSA MORGAN's husband (I forget his name, but you remember, the hubby of the lawyer Jillian & Bob accused of lying). But Justin comes up with some funny lines:

"I've heard of a 5K and I've thought who would be stupid enough to show up for one of those?"
    and my favorite...
    "Confidence is one thing. Smarts is another."

Thank goodness this time one of the Tongans is female.

Wonder why they went with a new color shirt (aqua) instead of re-using white. The aqua is prettier, though.

I'm glad they cut out all the "trying out for the show" stuff as well as sending people home before they've even spent a day on the ranch.

I agree about dragging out the "unknown trainers" thing being annoying. It matters to the contestants that they be unknown, not to the viewers, most of whom probably don't know who these people are anyway. I hope they don't keep doing it this way for the whole 4 weeks.

Shouldn't cops have to pass regular fitness tests? I mean, I feel for Dan and Don but who are they capable of defending or chasing after?

Something about the purple team (opera singer and partner) puts me off.