The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #226  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I would like to see the eating as well as more of the workouts.
I also agree with whoever said we don't need to watch their videos and see them reading letters from home and whatnot.

I know this is supposed to make the characters more relatable, but focusing on the players with the interviews and watching them in the workouts and getting their private time with the trainers and how they play during the challenges helps me relate to them just fine.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #227  
focused and aiming

I wish they'd focus more on the food, too.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #228  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

I agree that they should focus on the food more. The show is 2 hours, so you think they could squeeze more in than a cheerios commercial. Show them in the kitchen making their food, like they do everyday.. not just when Curtis teaches them a recipe.

Arthur, I totally didn't get. Why make your team weak even if you wanted to swap players!? Common sense was lacking there. Also, the tears did nothing for me.. it reminded me of a child that didn't want to get in trouble, so they turn on the water works hoping for sympathy instead of punishment.

Courtney is my favorite for sure!
Sometimes I like the former yellow team, sometimes not. They seem to get a little too cocky at times with their leadership, but other times they are super motivational.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I was curious so I figured it out. It showed Arthur stuffing his mouth full of those little chocolate nonpareils candies...I found a calorie count on a website and figured that if he ate 35 of them, he consumed somewhere between 650 and 700 calories, depending on the specific brand, of course...

Still amazes me sometimes how the "little" things like those are so high calorie.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #230  

I estimate he ate at least a half of pound of chocolate, in that short of a time period!! that would make most of us sick!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #231  
Token Vulcan

Interesting...the show edited things to make it look like the red team was cutting Q loose because of his performance. But NBC has a bonus clip where Q asked to be sent home to save Jay because the red team had promised one another not to write each other's names down (how that's supposed to work for future weigh-ins they lose beats me!) People like yellow team and Moses admitted they were going to send Jay home until Q spoke up.

I wonder why it is that Arthur doesn't like/trust Jay as he said. It's like when Heba and all had such a problem with Phil--they show you the fighting and the tension without showing what started it. Jay even looks a little like Phil.

There's also a video up of the 4 trainers "meeting" each other.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #232  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

I understand the whole being a family thing, but at the end of the day it *is* a game, and promising not to vote someone off in your "family" is only going to result in hurt feelings, and ultimately sway your decisions in an unfair way, at times giving an advantage to people who don't deserve it.

Last season, I wanted Ada to win, but Patrick was my second choice. However the whole thing with Patrick, Brendon, and Frado irked me. Frado bothered me at times, but Brendon I honestly loathed for the most part.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

I agree redreine. How can you be a big honest family when in the end someone is going to say, you need to go. That's not trust.

they need to just play for their own loss and not look at what someone else is doing.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I don't feel like I really know the "unknowns", but what I've seen I didn't really like. Love Courtney...she's doing so great!

I don't think Arthur is going to be there much longer, all of the others that "played the game", did well on the scale and were getting rid of the competition, he's playing it because he's not doing well, he can only keep that up for so long.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Ok, former yellow team...it's all about "family" when one of THEM had a low number, but last week, when it was Q with the low number, "family" didn't mean so much? Hypocrites....Glad I'm not a part of their "family."
Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #236  

I agree with how they need to show their diets they follow. The food you consume is 80% of determining weight loss so they say. I'm doing lc and can't exercise right now due to my feet being in bad shape but I'm losing several pounds a week. I hope to get strong soon where I can exercise though cause I want to be strong and have muscle tone. I think the diet must be extremely strict on the BL ranch and they are worried people at home will try it and then there would be lawsuits. They have said many times that the BL ranch is the olympics of weight loss.

I'm loving this season on BL! Arthur gets on my nerves but I like everyone else!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #237  

Boohoo Red team....Get over yourselves. You are human just like everyone else and tonight showed it. Jay will do just fine at home. I would be thrilled for the former yellow team teamates to "just go". Annoying...understatement!

I have to say that as annoying as Arthur has been thus far this season, this past week he has stepped up...accepted the help from "his girls" and actually showed up. It reflected in his weight loss. Good for him!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #238  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

That was a nice episode last night. I was so glad to see the ladies' team won (Arthur doesn't count as a man, IMHO, LOL). But good for him to drop 20, finally a spark of some potential.

I am not really interested in their food at all, and I was horrified when they talked him out of using olive oil. I didn't quite catch what he was going to do w ith the fish, I use oil mister to just coat the pan. Olive oil is healthy and your body needs healthy fats to fuction. Healthy fats are not the enemy, carbs are!

I am worried about Jay's daughter (is her name Jennifer?). If the reds lose next week again, she will be on the chopping block.

This is the first time when I really could not stand Rulon - WTF is with him? I don't think Justin is not nearly as annoying as Rulon (except that he could trim the beard).
Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #239  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

I was pretty bummed they sent Jay home... I really like him, and I really like his daughter...if she's pulling big numbers on average...why send her home...that's so dumb...send home the person who either isn't showing big numbers or is too close to goal to give them.

I was really happy Arthur did well and stepped up. I find myself constantly rooting for the Black Team...I think the red team is a little too cocky.

Great episode last night.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I was also glad that Arthur finally stepped it up and showed he could make a commitment to himself and his team. Well done on his 20 pound loss! The question is...will he keep it up or will he let his game playing get in the way of the real reason to be there? Only time will tell.

Did anyone else wondering about Jay after he was sent home? Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't seem like he's lost that much after coming home. He was at 289 at home, which wasn't that far off from where he was at the ranch. I worry that he may fall off the wagon and not do as well at home as he was at the ranch.

I can certainly understand Bob and Jillian's concern at their team losing the gym for the week but they didn't let that stop them from coming up with different routines to allow the Black Team to still achieve their goals! Well done Bob and Jillian and Black Team!

I was so pleased at seeing so many people reach Onederland last night! I can't wait to be there myself!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 02-16-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typo