3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Favorite cast members? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/198881-favorite-cast-members.html)

Natasha629 04-08-2010 07:03 PM

Favorite cast members?

First I'd like to say that I love love love The Biggest Loser!! I was just wondering who some of your favorite cast members are this season. I was sooo happy to see Melissa go home :-) Sam and Koli are my fav, they are soo inspiring.

waiting2exhale 04-08-2010 07:14 PM

me too ! Sam and koli are mine too and i jump out of bed yelling for joy when melissa got booted!

waiting2exhale 04-08-2010 07:15 PM

i want sam or koli to win but i also like sunshine and her dad too!

Viviane 04-10-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2exhale (Post 3239020)

x2! They're all tied for my faves!

I can't stand Melissa! So glad she got sent packing this week.

Violin Jenn 04-10-2010 07:39 PM

There are those that I like, but I'm not I connecting with anyone this season. One person does not stand out as "oh yeah I want him/her to win!". If it wasn't for Bob(hottie) and Jillian, I wouldn't watch or care this season. Right now, I watch for curiousity I gotta know who wins.

CarbsAreEvil 04-11-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waiting2exhale (Post 3239020)

These two are my favorites as well. I'd be more happy if Sunshine and her dad won, simply because they were both much larger than Sam and Koli and her father had so many health problems. But they've all come a long way and they're all very strong and determined.

maisiedotes 04-13-2010 09:19 AM

I like Sam and Koli but Daris is my favorite. I am starting to like the blonde girl too who was on with her mom. She is coming out of her shell alot now.

Asherdoodles87 04-13-2010 03:39 PM

My favorite cast member is Victoria and Sunshine. I think they are both so nice and sweet. I really think Sunshine has a chance at winning. Sunshine has so much heart it's really motivating.

Tomato 04-13-2010 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not into Sunshine that much - although I do recognize how much she has accomplished - and I dislike O'Neal. I am rooting for Sam although I have to admit Daris has grown on me, I will probably like him a lot more after he sheds the sheep.
Ashley - I am not so sure - sometimes I think that finally she is getting it and starting to work really hard and at other times I think she is not giving it her all.
OVerall, I don't feel as strongly for this season's contestants as I did feel for those in some previous seasons but that does not mean that the show has less of an appeal for me - I still consider it extremely motivational.

And, let me ask you ladies (and gents - if any of our male members reads this) - why is Jillian always featured everywhere with her workout pants so low-riding? Believe me, I am not a prude and I hate high waist jeans but don't tell me that you can actual work out in pants that barely cover the pubic hair?!?!? (Please click the image below for a better view). :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Viviane 04-13-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomato (Post 3246447)
And, let me ask you ladies (and gents - if any of our male members reads this) - why is Jillian always featured everywhere with her workout pants so low-riding? Believe me, I am not a prude and I hate high waist jeans but don't tell me that you can actual work out in pants that barely cover the pubic hair?!?!?

:lol: I think that everytime I see her in ads! Like, "Whoa, girly! Hope you got waxed!"

spygirl05 04-14-2010 04:43 AM

I like all of them, but I'd say Sunshine is my favorite. You can tell she pours her whole heart into it. But at this point I see myself relating to Victoria more, because she is struggling with getting her mind into the game, I also have that problem.

Smilette31 04-16-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violin Jenn (Post 3241935)
There are those that I like, but I'm not I connecting with anyone this season. One person does not stand out as "oh yeah I want him/her to win!". If it wasn't for Bob(hottie) and Jillian, I wouldn't watch or care this season. Right now, I watch for curiousity I gotta know who wins.

I was saying the same thing to my mom! I'm not sure why I feel that way. I've watched every season with excitement and anticipation but this season, if I happen to miss the show I don't mind. Like you, I haven't connected with anyone. I had a feeling at the beginning of the season that they are starting to just go for ratings then anything else anymore. Jillian's getting more and more harsh with her words, even Bob jumped on board a bit at the beginning of the season ... they are having even heavier contestants with excessive weight loss in record periods of time. It just doesnt seem real to me anymore. I mean I know its real but ... I dont know. I am disappointed this season. Like I said, it might just be because I haven't connected with anyone this time around ... but part of me thinks the show is changing ...

bunnythesAINT 04-16-2010 10:34 AM

I, too, like Sunshine but I also like Sam and Koli. But I also like Ashley, I can't describe it but she's so happy and cheery and I'm just drawn to her.

love114 04-18-2010 02:22 PM

I was so glad to see Melissa go home, too!!
Sam and Koli are definitely my favourites, Sam is so inspiring and so dedicated!!

saef 04-18-2010 05:43 PM

Tomato, Jillian is wearing those low-riding pants as a form of advertising for her workout & her abilities as a trainer. She's showing off her abs, including the hip creases that she has so painstakingly developed. Buy the video & the products & be like her. (At least, that's the sell.)

No one is inspiring me this season. I find some more likable than others. Sam and Stephanie, mostly, but Stephanie's gone & I think Sam will be, too, before the finals. He is just too muscular & losing very slowly at this point.

I wish Sunshine well, in an abstract way, because I don't think there's been an African-American woman as the Biggest Loser yet, and I think she could be an inspirational figure to a lot of people in that community in particular, as well as to the rest of the viewing audience.

Tara from a few seasons ago turns out to be my favorite ever, in retrospect. There's no one like her this season.

Smilette31 04-19-2010 05:09 AM

Saef - You know it's funny, I look back now and really like Tara. I'll admit the first half of that season I couldn't stand her but I think it's because she was winning everything haha plus her partner really bothered me! I started being a fan of hers though towards the second half of that season ... I think she is a GREAT inspiration though to any young woman.

alyssarof2012 05-03-2010 05:45 PM

I actually liked Melissa until she started all that gameplay..

My favorites are Sunshine and Sam! Moreso Sam though.

WSN 05-31-2010 10:45 PM

This was the first season of the show I watched and I really fell in love with it. I didn't know what it was before, I thought it was just typical reality-show nonsense. However it is actually very inspiring and the gameplay is minimal.

My favorites were also Sunshine, O'Neal, Sam, and Daris. Though at the finale I was glad to see just how great Darrel had done, he was very lowkey while on the ranch and they didn't focus on him much at all, then he shows up at the finale with one of the most dramatic weight losses and came an inch away from winning the at-home prize. I thought Sunshine and O'Neal just had so much heart, I know a lot of people complained about how much Sunshine cried and how emotional she would get, but it was always genuine and I think you have to give the girl a break. She's only 24 years old, always had a big weight problem that kept her in a cocoon and led to her being a homebody who spent all day with her dad. So of course she would be very attached to him. If you look at her now and see her interviews, she does seem to have gained a TON of confidence. I liked Sam simply because he reminds me a lot of me with his interest in putting on muscle.

Daris was my overall favorite though because he just seemed to be the most determined of anyone I've seen on the show, including a couple past seasons that I've now watched. One of my favorite scenes, it only happened for a second, was when he was running hard on a treadmill and fell off and didn't miss a beat, just got up and jumped right back on and continued running at max speed. I also loved one of his interview clips during the marathon where he said something along the lines of "I don't want to just be the former fat guy who ran a marthon, I want to be a marathon runner". I thought that was great. I think he'll do well in keeping the weight off, I was glad to see that during his 1 month home before the marathon he wasn't overly concerned about gaining 2 pounds, as long as he gained strength and stamina for the marathon. Granted the contest is about losing weight, but he seems to have gotten a passion for exercise that few others seem to have.