What is their Daily Burn?

• I noticed them talking last night about meeting their burn for the day. I have a GoWear Fit, which is made by the same people who make the BodyBugg that keeps track of their calorie burns. Except it is better and less expensive...

I would love to build up to burns similar to what they do so I can get similar results but I don't have any clue as to what their daily burn goals are.
  • I remember reading that they aim to burn 6,000 calories a day. It's a rediculous amount of calories burned in my opinion.
  • Yeah, I think they said 6,000 at one point last season. On days I have 3 hour workouts I hit about 3000. I'd have to work out all day to get 6,000!
  • Well, that's sort of the point. They DO work out pretty much all day, because their only job is to exercise. No job, kids, school, or obligations other than challenges (which burn more calories!) and interviews.

Getting to those burn levels in a normal person would be near-impossible with schedule conflicts. More than that, it would probably be dangerous to tax your body that much without the doctor supervision, nutritional support, and physical therapy/sports medicine experts that BL contestants have access to.
  • Does the 6000 include their BMR too or is that in excess of that number. For example yesterday I did not workout but through the course of the day I burned 2700. I do a lot of walking for my job.
  • It Includes BMR via their bodybugg.
  • Quote: Yeah, I think they said 6,000 at one point last season. On days I have 3 hour workouts I hit about 3000. I'd have to work out all day to get 6,000!
    Wow, what workouts are you doing that burn 1000 calories an hour? And how are you able to maintain such highly intense activity for three hours!
  • if it does include their bmr, it's a little more reasonable. Most of them are pretty big, so their bmr is probably in excess of 2000 cals, so that's 1/3 of the way right there, but an extra 4000 a day. I'm happy when I hit 500 cals burned a day
  • Wow- 6000- no wonder its so hard for them to maintain there weight loss. I would be happy if I could get half of that in a day. Seriously isn't 6000 like almost equal to 3 pounds a day?

I wonder what the average burn on say a basketball game would be?
  • 6000 is not even 2 pounds a day. One pound is 3,500.