The biggest loserclub... is it worth the money?

• Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you guys had experience with the biggestloserclub, in which they tell you what to eat... Is it worth the money?

Is it expansive to buy and cook the food they suggest?

Anyone does the Jillian website? and if so, could you answer the same questions

I want to lose weight, but I do not want to waste money on plans that I cannot follow because they are too expansive or take too long to cook

Any suggestions?
  • Haven't done the biggest loser club but bought a biggest loser cookbook and found the food very bland. I recommend calorie counting, it's cheap and easy to taylor to your needs.
  • My niece did Jillian's website. Said the food was the same over and over again and so were the workouts. She didn't stick with it for long.
  • I don't know about the biggest loser club but there are some free sites that will give you meal plans. You might want to try them before paying for a plan. Two sites come to mind, sparkpeople (http://www.sparkpeople.com/) and MyPyramid.gov
  • I am currently a member of Jillian's website. I agree with maryshady that after a couple of months everything gets repetitious. The first time I quit after about 4 months, and just started recycling the workouts I had already printed out. I don't follow her food plan, as I'm too picky about what I eat, but I really like not having to plan out my strength workouts. I just print them off and go. Once I hit maintainance, I'll probably drop out again.
  • Take a look at the Biggest Loser 30-day jumpstart and you can get an idea of the food and exercise. It's pretty cheap at Walmart or Amazon. I like the menus and use them often and it doesn't take long to prepare them or a ton of money.
  • Quote: I recommend calorie counting, it's cheap and easy to taylor to your needs.
    I agree! I *love* calorie counting. You can eat what you want as long as its in your calorie range (although obviously try and limit the junk, high fat & sugar foods). I keep my calories between 1200-1500 and its really easy. I eat about 5-6 times a day and am rarely hungry. Its def the cheapest thing for you to do and there are tons of FREE calorie counting websites (I like livestrong and fitday). Theres also sparkrecipes.com with lots of healthy recipes that inclue serving size and nutrition info.

Good luck!