The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMfan View Post
The last episode got my mom to ditch the bleached enriched flour. I'm like "thank goodness" because I've been trynna figure out how to sneak in the wheat flour without her noticing.

"What do you think they bleach it with?"
"Bleach?"
"Yep. Wanna go do some laundry and have a cup together?"

Same thing here, with my husband. I've had a bag of whole wheat flour for a while, but he's poo-pooed using it until that show. Used it in pancakes the other day and he liked it a lot...
Old 07-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah, that episode (The Franklin's) was my favorite! I just loved Jill's relationship with those adorable little girls! I also really enjoyed the husband's and wife's emotional transformations. I liked seeing a real reaction from the wife at the beginning...kind of how I'd expect a lot of folks to react.

Great ep!!

Last edited by Cali Doll; 07-13-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I've stopped watching the show. It was great at first, but it seems to be the same thing everyweek only with a different family. JM moves in, happiness at first, then the resistance from some of the family, Dr. Jill works her magic then reveal. It's gotten boring to me. BL at least there are the different personalities and game play that we all love to hate.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #79  
Token Vulcan

Yeah, I watched all of them but it was wearing off on me, too. It was the same--you get one person (usually the woman/wife/mother) who really wanted it and had to drag everybody else along. And they even stuck the Subway ads in there with the bad acting, just like TBL. The walk that the tribe went on near the end of that show--it just felt more like it was done for the camera, it didn't seem to have any real motivation behind it.
The further along the series went on, the less "real" it felt.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #80  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I "love" how Jillian does the dramatic camera moments at night about how tough this is going to be and what a challenge and ... Damn that woman is negative.

And I know he needed to lose weight, but I think 30 lbs in 6 weeks is WAY WAY too fast for a 10 year old.