Biggest Loser Wii game

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • We got BL and Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. I tried BL yesterday and Bob almost killed me! I lasted about 6 minutes on the beginner workout before I had an asthma attack and had to stop. Today I tried Wii Fit Plus and it was much better for my fitness level at the moment. I only chose the easiest exercises, but they were still challenging for me. I'm already sore! I'm looking forward to the day when I can make it through an entire Biggest Loser workout!
  • I really like the Biggest Loser Wii but think the 2010 Jillian wii workout sucks. You also don't need the platform for the Biggest Loser Wii and I find it distracting sometimes. I was able to get it on sale but I wouldn't pay $39 for it.

Costco has the Wii Fit plus for $35 right now but I think I have enough things to keep me busy for the moment.
  • WOOOO! I just finished the 37 minute full box workout plus the 9 minute cooldown. WOW. Ouch. Woo! I managed to do about 30 secons of plank.....but couldn't hold it after that. Instead of quitting I did the rest of the 30 seconds with a modified plank (on knees). I'm loving this!
  • I had to go to 2 Kmarts but I found the game for $19.99! I came home and did a light workout with Bob. I had trouble with some of the positions but it was not enough cardio. I will try a different workout tomorrow.
  • I got mine last weekend and have done 3 workouts so far--all felt great. I really feel like I get a better workout than with the Wii Fit Plus (although I love the boxing on the Wii Fit Plus!).
    I do have one question though--does anyone else feel like the number of calories that it says you've burned seems low?
  • Quote: I got mine last weekend and have done 3 workouts so far--all felt great. I really feel like I get a better workout than with the Wii Fit Plus (although I love the boxing on the Wii Fit Plus!).
    I do have one question though--does anyone else feel like the number of calories that it says you've burned seems low?
    YES! I worked my buns off toay and it says "Congratulations, you burned 53 calories today!". I was like....WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
  • I agree. The calories burned do seem really low. Half of what you would think really. In the same time on Wii active you evidently burn twice as many calories.
  • Ok, why did whoever created the game make it so whenever it shows Jillian facing straight on and she does a squat, it looks like she has a penis? Anyone else notice that?
  • haha
    Babygrant, I am going to have to play it today just to check that out! I think she looks like Paula Abdul in the game. She is so annoying but maybe because she just blurts out random crap throughout. I am normally a huge JM fan.

I agree the calories are way off! WTH 30 minutes for 47 cals? No way. I do like the game and think it is a great workout but it could be better. It seems like they release these games without even testing them on real people. There are so many things that bug me about it!
  • I've noticed the calories just seem to stop adding sometimes, not sure what the sensor is looking for. Is anyone else having trouble following the workout? I'll be on the floor doing something and suddenly realize she is describing something else. There aren't good cues to move from one exercise to another when I'm not looking at the screen. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.
  • Quote: I've noticed the calories just seem to stop adding sometimes, not sure what the sensor is looking for. Is anyone else having trouble following the workout? I'll be on the floor doing something and suddenly realize she is describing something else. There aren't good cues to move from one exercise to another when I'm not looking at the screen. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.
    LOL. Yes, with the exercise where you are on hands and knees and have to push your leg out and in along with your arm, I was doing that and was thinking GEEZ, enough already! I peeked up and realized they were holding the pose. LOL.
  • Hmm I played once and wasnt a fan, but I think its cause it had me do a boring workout? It had me do yoga for my first workout, and it was so boring I havent wanted to play again. heheheee! I however LOVE playing hula hoop and flying chicken on my wii fit plus LMAO!
  • I tried my sister-in-law's Biggest Loser game over Christmas, and we agreed that the difficulty level of even the beginner exercises could cause some people to quit before they even give it a chance. My sister-in-law is reasonably in shape after losing 52lbs and getting down to 128, and even she was sweating and struggling to finish.

I didn't like it that much, but I only did one circuit and my spatial orientation is poor so I always have trouble figuring out which leg or arm they want me to move... I mean, is it a mirror, do I pretend like I'm behind them and move the opposite leg...? When I get used to these kinds of games I enjoy them, but I just felt so stupid constantly moving the wrong leg or arm, and I found it hard to keep with the rhythm on a lot of them. With the jumping jacks, I was doing so good and then suddenly I was a beat or two behind and then way off. I might not have felt so stupid except I was doing it all in front of my mom, sister-in-law, and brother. If I was alone maybe it would have been fine.

I actually like Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum 2010. I own it, so I've had a chance to get used to the exercises. The lower body circuit is insane! It just keeps going and going and the number of reps is out of this world.

If someone bought me The Biggest Loser, I'd play it, but I don't think I'd buy it with my own money.
  • I decided to give this game a try, but I wanted to make sure I liked it first so I got it on gamefly. I have over 100 pounds to lose, so I figured the game would be a good match for me and really work on the areas that I need to work to kickstart my weightloss. So far I'd say it's working! I was able to keep up fairly well, but the 'light' is kicking my butt which tells me I'm WAAAAAAY out of shape! LOL But I like the encouraging cheery tone from Bob and Jillian and just knowing they've helped people just like me lose the kind of weight i have to lose makes me motivated to try harder. I'd love to start a forum here with others who are using the game to get into shape and who have a lot to lose too. I think it would be so encouraging for all of us. What do you think?
  • I got the game for Christmas too and I've done various exercises a few times and I'm sweating... and then the calories it shows seem really low! Doesn't make me feel so great in the end seeing that!

It doesn't add up to me as the active trainer wii games which has the leg strap, etc and it shows me having burned double or triple to what it might show for the BL game and I feel the same in the end.

Another thing I notice is that the exercises after going through a circuit, Bob (who's my selected trainer on it) stops talking about when to switch between the different exercises. When you're doing the floor exercises and can't look up, that would help! Here's me DYING holding a plank position and wondering when can I drop to the floor! haha