The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-21-2009, 03:33 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I just watched last week's episode. When Tracey got the golden ticket the first thing I thought was it had to be rigged to add drama for the show... really what are the odds? If it wasn't rigged then, wow!

I was surprised they sent coach Mo home instead since everyone kept saying they'd vote Tracey the first chance they got. I noticed Mo said he didn't want to be there anymore and it looks like he had some injury so maybe they let him go since he wanted to go.

I didn't see this week yet but just read the above post that Shay has a husband and stepchildren.. that is really surprising since she's always been crying she had no support at home and the red team went home because they have families but it seemed like she didn't. I felt bad for her, but now I don't know what to think unless there is more to the story they didn't tell. Now I feel Abby needs to be there more since she lost her family.

Last edited by ringmaster; 10-21-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #182  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I just watched part of last weeks episode.

I couldn't believe how much of a stink Dina was making because Tracey split her and her teammate up. I thought she was acting like a teenage girl who just got told she couldn't date her b/f anymore. And then this week, I saw she has a husband! Dang girl...Did she ever jump on that dang platform?

And the pink girl having a breakdown because she couldn't train with Bob anymore?

I also think that the 'going home' week is boring. I watch everyone screaming as they walk in the door, I get all teary eyed each time, then the rest is just boring.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Last nights show was boring! I feel asleep and I never fall asleep for that show.

Anyway why didn't they vote off Shay. She is definitely the one who brings the team down in weight %'s. She was saying she was happy for Abbey for losing 4 lbs. but it didn't help them since they all had to lose 7! She only only lost 5 lbs. and % wise Abbey blew her out of the water. I could have understood her point if she would have said all of us but she will never say anything compromising about herself. She just infuriates me!

Anyway I am having a hard time finding someone to root for. I hope Abbey does well because of her hardships but I can't say she in anyway stands out. Is anyone else feeling the same way about the contestants this season? I guess I really liked both guys on the red team. I do like Dan so I guess he would be my pick for BL.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #184  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I won't be sorry to see Shay go. I wish her well and I know she has a lot to learn but I don't think she is doing that well for her size.

I am rooting for Daniel all the way. I love him, I think he is kind and I hope he can work through some of his BS to come through this whole process...I think Jill will do wonders for him.

Anyone notice that the "crazies" flock to bob? Tracey, Vicky, Hebba? there have been others too...

Dina was not a favorite either but it was good e see her get a makover and get up on the box last night...

and yes, I will keep watching
Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
Last nights show was boring! I feel asleep and I never fall asleep for that show.

Anyway why didn't they vote off Shay. She is definitely the one who brings the team down in weight %'s. She was saying she was happy for Abbey for losing 4 lbs. but it didn't help them since they all had to lose 7! She only only lost 5 lbs. and % wise Abbey blew her out of the water. I could have understood her point if she would have said all of us but she will never say anything compromising about herself. She just infuriates me!

Anyway I am having a hard time finding someone to root for. I hope Abbey does well because of her hardships but I can't say she in anyway stands out. Is anyone else feeling the same way about the contestants this season? I guess I really liked both guys on the red team. I do like Dan so I guess he would be my pick for BL.

What can I say but I totally agree about Shay. She's such a manipulator and totally self-centered. I dislike how she always talks about "deserving" to be here (whenever they are up for elimination)....she puts that bug in her teammates ears so that they will feel guilty for eliminating her.

I LOVED the Red Team and I'm so angry that they were sacrificed for Shay!

I love Daniel and Danny and Rudy and Liz and I'm rooting for them.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #186  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post

I love Daniel and Danny and Rudy and Liz and I'm rooting for them.
I agree!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

I love Daniel! I think he'll start pulling out big numbers soon.

And YES, all the crazies do flock to Bob...they're probably too intimidated by Jillian, because she won't cradle their crazy like Bob will.

I have to say that even though Tracy drives me nuts, I will be sad to see her go...because her crazy eyes CRACK me up...the looks on that woman's face at any given time are just priceless. I almost rolled off my couch last night when I saw her faces as she was working out. Too funny.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/176/148

Height: 5'10"

I know Tracey gets voted off soon because she is working out with my best friends personal trainer. My friend says she looks amazing.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 PM   #189  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

ACK! I am so sick of shay! She needs to get over her past and move on and quit whining about how much she deserves to be there. EVERYONE deserves to be there! And that crap about her not having support at home? Hmmm what about the HUSBAND she never mentioned before? I wonder if the red team knew about him. I have a feeling she is going to play that pity card to the bitter end.

I agree that there aren't really any people that positively stand out to me this season. I LOVED Tara last season. She was such a good competitor.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #190  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

I loved the red team as well, and an especially Sean, and when he would talk about his wife and kids…..I was hoping mad at Shay for playing that card “I need to be here, I don’t have the support at home”, yeah what BS. It was all editing, they all knew she had a husband and step kids. She is super smooth at working people though.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #191  
Token Vulcan

I'm hoping Tracey leaves soon but in real time, all these contestants have been home for quite some time already. I saw Daniel post a kudos message to Max Morelli (for his weight loss) on Facebook over the summer.

They've already begun taping Season 9...and there are two brothers as brown team who are bigger than Shay.

I think Dina's elimination was partly the alliance/friendship between orange and pink teams and maybe she just didn't have friendships with her teammates the way she had with Rudy. Both Amanda and Shay mentioned needing to have someone who they could trust or would be a better support. The wild card voter for me was Abby. If they end up in elimination again, I'm thinking Danny will go next and then maybe Abby.

On the NBC site, where they have bonus clips, they show Daniel meeting up with his dad, which is nice. They also show blue team telling the trainers that black team's gone home.

Heba and Vicky started out with Bob anyway, since he had the husband/wife teams from the start. But I do think Jillian's comment is interesting that Bob's players usually lose the finale because they're focused on beating her rather than focusing on their issues (although Heba losing had more to do with the viewers). It's kind of ironic that Bob is portrayed as the more empathetic one when we seldom see him dealing head-on with his players' issues (ex: he coddled the Tongans when they behaved badly, glossed over Vicky's machinations, lost all control with Joelle and is just going through the motions with Tracey). Jillian cuts through the BS better.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 10-21-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #192  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I thought last nights epi was a snooze fest. How long do we really need to watch fat people eating crap. How unsupportive these families come off...do we really believe they would do that? I mean, if you were only home for a short little visit why would you even go to a restraunt that had that much temptation. I really hate editing! I know my family would NEVER eat that crap in front of me if I were on a game show trying to win money for losing weight. I find it hard to believe that all these families would.

I was shocked to see that Shay has a man and stepchildren. And here she cries and cries about how she has NOTHING to go home to...uh what do you call your family?? And her little comment about how Tracy makes everything about her....hello pot meet kettle!!

I didnt really like Dina...the whole thing with the platform just irked me. Not sure why she was the one voted out though.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #193  
GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!

Height: 5"8

'Biggest Loser' picks local mother, daughter for season 9
Knoxville resident Ashley Johnston has been picked as a contestant on an edition of NBC's "The Biggest Loser," to air in early 2010. A film crew from the hit series will be in Knoxville on Saturday to show Johnston, a 27-year-old esthetician working in Bearden, receiving a phone call telling her she's going to be a contestant. Johnston will be paired up with her mother, Sherry Johnston, on the show. After the phone call, Johnston and her mother will go to California, where they'll be put through the paces of the show's regime. Even if they are eliminated early, the two will remain away from Knoxville for months as filming continues. "Ashley is full of energy, full of fun," says Amanda Palmer, her boss at Natural Alternatives. "When she applied (to be on the show), we knew she'd get it. She'll make you laugh (during the) first five minutes you meet her." Palmer did not know how much weight Ashley or her mother want to lose.

Posted by Terry Morrow on September 25, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------
October 1, 2009

Jillian Michaels just tweeted this. I can't believe it's been that long.

Quote:
shooting breast cancer awareness stuff with Cheryl one of my oldest closet friends and then starting BL9 tonight. Can you believe it?!

So they start filming Biggest Loser 9 tonight.

Greg

Now Bob gets into the act. Heh.

Quote:
I can't believe we are starting BL9 today! I am excited about seeing Jillian on a daily basis again....LOVE HER!!!

Greg

Last edited by IgetfitNStrongforme; 10-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
How unsupportive these families come off...do we really believe they would do that? I mean, if you were only home for a short little visit why would you even go to a restraunt that had that much temptation. I really hate editing! I know my family would NEVER eat that crap in front of me if I were on a game show trying to win money for losing weight. I find it hard to believe that all these families would.
Excellent point!!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Kinda seemed to me that they were "asked" to go out to eat by production, probably. I mean...what are the odds that EVERY SINGLE ONE of them would go to a massively unhealthy restaurant while home? The whole thing screamed "setup" to me.

As for Dina...If, when I was losing weight, I'd talked to my husband about his food habits the way SHE did when they were in the restaurant, he would've divorced me (not really...but he would've been really angry). That would've been way over the top for him, and her doing that on national TV to her husband just really set me off for some reason. Her husband didn't seem too happy about it, either, from the editing and his facial expressions. You can't make people feel guilty and FORCE them to change their habits. But I thought she did a good job of sticking to her plan while everyone around her was pigging out. That's really hard to do...