The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #1  

Talking Lose 120 Pounds by Christimas!

Hello Everyone! I am new to this website. I am female 25 yrs old, 5"6' and 256 pounds. I have an EXTREMELY ambitious goal. I would like to lose 120 by Christmas time. I am recently unemployed and I have all the time in the world to spend transforming my body. Quiting my last job was very empowering for me and I am ready to take back complete controll of my life. I figure if the people on Biggest Loser can do it, so can I. I have been on my diet for about 1 week now and have lost 8 pounds so far. I realise that the first week is the easiest to lose weight, so I am gonna need lost of ideas and support to reinvent each week to keep up good progress. I am not gonna starve myself, but I am gonna work really hard. Is there any one out there that has a similar goal that would like to be my buddy? Who's with me?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Honestly I think your goal is very um, ambitious (no offense)- but I have no idea what you currently weigh. I think 60 lbs is a very great and feasible amount of weight to lose in 6 months, 120 might not be as attainable- and could be dangerous to lose that much weight in such a short time. Have you consulted a doctor about your 20 lb per month goal? That's a loss of 5 lbs a week, usually a 2-3 lbs week loss is considered healthy.

Not saying you won't make it- but IF Christmas comes and you lose let's say 60-80 lbs don't beat yourself up cuz that would be amazing as well! Good luck!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280.0/205.8/100.0

Height: 5'2"

Hello Sarah! I agree with beerab that you may find that goal a bit difficult. If you do it, everyone here will cheer for you. Just please also cheer yourself on if you fall a bit short of that ambitious goal.

I'm a fan of The Biggest Loser myself and I'm also unemployed and looking to lose 132 more pounds, but I'm not trying to recreate Biggest Loser results for myself because I'm not willing to workout at top intensity 4-5 hours per day, 7 days per week, plus do extreme physical fitness challenges on top of that every week, all while consuming 1200 calories per day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how the ladies on TBL remove 100+ pounds of weight in 16 weeks. But I will gladly cheer you on while you drop the pounds!

Oh, btw, The Biggest Loser is casting for their next season right now if you want to send them an audition tape.

Last edited by CamiToo; 06-29-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I hate it when I spell something wrong :P
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Good luck, but I do have to say losing 120 lbs in 6 months isn't very realistic sweetie. I mean it's not totally IMPOSSIBLE, but jut don't be upset if it doesn't happen. Keep us updated on your progress
Old 06-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #5  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I would love to lose nearly that much with you by Christmas!!! I myself can barely find 15 mins to myself to exercise so I know there is no way for me. But you, if you worked out maybe 5 hours a day at high intensity like the other poster said and ate 1200, it might be possible. Just not sure.

But please keep us all posted. It will be neat to see your transformation, even over longer time than 6 months. Either way, you can easily lose maybe 80-100 I would think for sure. Especially when your goal is foremost in your mind like it seems to be right now!

Good luck to you!!!

Selina
Old 06-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #6  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

You can probably lose 5 lbs per week for the first week or so, as your body adjusts to having fewer calories and sheds some water weight. Beyond that, I do not think there is any healthy way to lose that amount in that time frame. I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment with that lofty a goal.

Look at it this way, would you rather set a reasonable goal, such as 2 lbs per week, and actually meet that goal by Christmas? Or would you rather set a high, unlikely goal and run the risk of being disappointed and going off the diet completely when you do not succeed? If you are anything like me in the past, and many others I know, if the scale does not show what youn want you might just say "forget it" and start eating unhealthfully again.

It sounds to me like you are looking for a strict diet to get the weight off. Research has shown time and time again that diets do not work. You have to change your lifestyle and make changes that you can keep up for the rest of your life.

I wish you the best of luck.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I don't want to discourage you, but that is a very very VERY big goal. I've been working out 2-3 hours a day training for races, and I'm lucky if I pull off 3lbs a week. You might be able to pull big numbers your first few weeks but as you get lighter it's going to be really hard.

I don't want to discourage you, but I do want to make sure you're going to set yourself up for long term success. Usually that means doing things you can sustain over the long haul.

Maybe not putting a # total on your goal but just saying I want to get as close as is Healthily possible? You have to remember those Biggest Loser people have doctors watching them.

Whatever you do I wish you the best of luck!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Just go for it! even if you dont reach that 120, you'll be going for it which means you can't do bad right??? good luck!

btw. you may want to not get too obsessive. what about when you get a job again? make this a lifestyle change! =D
Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #9  
An Army of One

S/C/G: 346/322 /150

i have alot of weight to lose also but i know i cant pull 120 by the holidays so im down for 50
if your still interested in a buddy please feel free to contact me

Last edited by blkbarbie25; 08-26-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: changed can to cant
Old 08-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Did anyone notice Sarah , never posted again after expectimg such an overly ambitious goal. I wonder what happened to her ?

Last edited by bargoo; 08-20-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

Sarah, if you happen to read this understand that we are all supportive but we also try to be realistic. I'm 34 years old and overweight much of my life. I am learning now that it is a daily process....It's great to have goals but you must also have a mind frame for the rest of your life. Healthy weight loss is usually about 2-3 pounds per week. The weight loss is the easy peasy part. Keeping it off is a true challenge. hugs to everyone
Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default 120 pounds by the holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbarbie25 View Post
i have alot of weight to lose also but i know i can pull 120 by the holidays so im down for 50
I don't want to rain on your parade but you will need to lose 30 pounds a month to meet your goal of a 120 pound loss. That is a lot and in my opinion not likely. You have made a great start, though , Good luck !

Last edited by bargoo; 08-20-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #13  
An Army of One

S/C/G: 346/322 /150

oops i ment to say can't lol
sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I don't want to rain on your parade but you will need to lose 30 pounds a month to meet your goal of a 120 pound loss. That is a lot and in my opinion not likely. You have made a great start, though , Good luck !
Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #14  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbarbie25 View Post
i have alot of weight to lose also but i know i cant pull 120 by the holidays so im down for 50
Hey Blkbarbie, I could use a friend and some support, so........ I'll be here in case you need support or a good kick in the a...................

Last edited by Mercy03; 08-26-2009 at 08:39 PM.