3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   'Biggest Loser': Where are they now? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/164216-biggest-loser-where-they-now.html)

zinkemomx2 02-10-2009 11:39 PM

'Biggest Loser': Where are they now?

Not sure if everyone has seen these. I know I haven't.

'Biggest Loser': Where are they now?

heatherinsc 02-10-2009 11:55 PM

Thanks for sharing!

CruiseCAT 02-11-2009 04:07 PM

That is too funny. My DH just asked this question over the weekend so when I did a google that is the article that came up. I was so disappointed to see that many if not most had put weight back on.

I would like to believe that once I reach goal that I will have no more than a 10 pound (5 up or down) change from my goal weight.

zinkemomx2 02-11-2009 06:16 PM

We have to remember that some of them take very drastic measure before finale. The contestants have blogged about dehydrating themselves, enemas, saunas and the such to drop the a few more pounds. Also they are going from 6+ hours of working out and a controlled food environment to keeping it off on their own. Most of us are losing the slow way and hopefully are making long term changes.

MariaMaria 02-11-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 (Post 2608251)
We have to remember that some of them take very drastic measure before finale.

Rehydrating might appear as a ten-pound gain in scale numbers, but it's not going to explain a 30-pound gain, let alone 100 pounds.

kelly315 02-11-2009 10:29 PM

How depressing

Caramiia 02-12-2009 02:18 PM

They dont have the pressure of being in a challenge anymore, and with trainers on their necks every day.. Im surprised some kept the weight off! Lol.. If you lose weight slowly and by changing lifestyle youll keep it off!

sportmom 02-13-2009 05:06 PM

Listening to a Tom Venuto webcast last nite, he was specifically answering a question submitted by a listener who asked this question - is this weight loss really possible at home.

He said his latest info indicated that the contestants worked out 6 hours a day, those who were 'really motivated' like before a weigh-in, etc., would do extra in the gym at nite (reminded me of last week's show where someone remarked how those black guys were in the gym all nite overnite before the weigh in working hard, think it might have been tara?)

He said they also are eating anywhere from 1200-1500 cals and may dip as low as 1000 in the days before a weigh in just to make a number. So he said, yes, weight loss like this is possible at home if you are doing the same things! I think they also have no tv in the house, no laptops to sit down with, so exercise is not something that gets pushed to the bottom of the list like it does in our worlds.

He said the reason they gain everything back is just bc it is an unsustainable lifestyle. Family demands, work, school, chores, keep anyone from being able to workout 6 hrs a day and spend 1-2 hrs a day focused on their food prep. Thus, if you don't keep up the same level of exercise, you will have some regain. Yeah, I think those who regained 20-50 lbs are still considered successes. It's what happens when your body regulates to a normal lifestyle of working out and eating right. They can continue to lose, but it will take longer and more dedication over that time period.

BTW, Ali was on QVC last nite selling a whole slew of BFL-branded items, from a 30 day plan book to hand blenders. THe host remarked that at the first show post-meeting, the results were so great that they discussed giving Ali more airtime with more products, so I guess she sells well and they will be making up new products for her to pitch. As a novice, I did think she did really well on live tv selling.

wit06002 02-26-2009 12:04 PM

Wow, thanks for posting that, I was just talking about this with my sister, wondering what people look like now. Im suprised at how much weight some put back on, but Im also impressed by those who seem to have leveld out at 5 to 10 lbs more than the finale weight. I think thats really good :)

I dont know, its always my fear that im going to work work work and lose the weight and then gain it all back...

chick_in_the_hat 02-27-2009 09:30 PM

I'm not surprised by regain...almost everyone here knows how easy it is to regain after a loss.

I really believe the key to maintenance is building healthy habits you can keep doing forever. Working out for 6 hours a day isn't on my calendar. But generally being more active, counting calories and an hour a day of pretty intense working out is. That's what I've managed to do since 2003...and I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon.

ennay 02-28-2009 12:38 AM

I was actually pretty impressed. Most kept off a significant chunk of what they lost which considering how quickly and drastically they lost it is not bad. And you have some like Mark from season 5 who NEEDED to gain some back, he looked awful at the finale. Probably gained a few pounds more back than necessary, but I would guess he is healthier than if he had maintained what he had then.

trekkiegirl 02-28-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 2632548)
And you have some like Mark from season 5 who NEEDED to gain some back, he looked awful at the finale. Probably gained a few pounds more back than necessary, but I would guess he is healthier than if he had maintained what he had then.

I just have to say it. Mark is seriously HOT! :cool: :D

freshmanweightorbust 02-28-2009 01:47 AM

I wonder, as far as the guys are concerned, how much of the regained weight is muscle mass, though. It's too bad they couldn't go into more detail, like with BMI and percent fat, etc. Although I suppose these people have bared their souls enough as it is, so to speak.

Bumbleberry 04-30-2009 04:45 PM

I'd forgotten how hot Mark was. Wow. Wow.

sportmom 05-02-2009 11:08 PM

Here's more - on Kai from Alaska:

http://www.adn.com/life/health/story/740127.html