The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

She's beautiful!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #77  

Ick! We're pimping the gum again. Hoped this season would be diff.....nope.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #78  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

ummm...

That was nuts.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I am so sad for tonight's results. So unfair But they look great

Last edited by willow650; 01-13-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #80  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

I was not happy with elimination this week. I know that week 2 is usually the suckiest, but THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I cried during the whole elimination voting. I mean, I just broke down and lost it.

And Bob's flip out just scared me. I thought my gym teachers were mean when they snapped...

But JEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY! ;_;

Last edited by Skinny Teen; 01-13-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #81  
Shooting for the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
I am so sad for tonight's results. So unfair But they look great
Me too. I am glad to see that they have been working so hard at home though. I would have hated to have made that decision.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

if it had been between him and the grey team, it would have been a no brainer
Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #83  

I only caught the show on and off, bc I was putting the kids to sleep, but I thought I would have questioned why the younger kid didn't work harder. As the biggest one there, he should have the biggest weight loss just with an average try. I know he had the penalty, but I would have made part of my speech about making sure he committed to trying harder each week. Luckily I missed Bob's rant - sounds like that was a good thing to miss, huh?
Old 01-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #84  

It is such a change from the last season. I loved the part of the challenge where they went back down the mountain and walked the boy from the orange team up to the finish. I hope they stay this way and not like the others.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #85  

Okay, the guy doing leg presses with the other guy sitting on the weight thingie? How cool was that?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #86  
Token Vulcan

I thought they made the right choice tonight. I think Ron said it all. They sent Jerry home knowing that he had his wife and his family as resources. I think, between their time on the ranch and Jerry's health scare, they got the message loud and clear early on. Plus, in one of the bonus videos on NBC's website, it's revealed that Estella's sister died of morbid obesity a year earlier. If anything, what Dan & Jerry's teammates did at home was a clear indication of what the near future (at least) was going to be like...Estella tossed the "bad food" in the trash, David went straight for the hot dogs and fries, and Daniel would have been right there with him, along with their family members. I think what Ron predicted would very easily have come true. Also, in a another bonus video, Dr. H told a clueless David he was even sicker than Daniel because he also smokes.

Nobody complained about Daniel (or anybody else except for Joelle) having to work harder. Tara (green team) lost only 1 pound and everyone reacted in amazement. So far she's been shown to be a competitor. At this point in the show, they all seem to have developed an affection for one another and a recognition of who's working as hard as they can. If Jillian thought Daniel was slacking off or giving less than what he was capable of, I think she would have let him have it. I felt so bad for him that he couldn't even sit up straight in the kayak. But it was great to see his teammates come back for him on the hike and then encourage him to go the rest of the way on his own. I wish it could continue in this vein throughout the show but once they get into black vs blue mode, it always comes back to who's got the numbers, who's got the most guaranteed votes.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Wowwww... what a whole new side of Bob, eh? I was so surprised when he lost his temper. I understand the frustration at Joelle's perceived lack of effort, but I feel like he went way overboard. If I was Joelle, that would have demotivated me completely!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #88  
Shooting for the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
I only caught the show on and off, bc I was putting the kids to sleep, but I thought I would have questioned why the younger kid didn't work harder. As the biggest one there, he should have the biggest weight loss just with an average try. I know he had the penalty, but I would have made part of my speech about making sure he committed to trying harder each week. Luckily I missed Bob's rant - sounds like that was a good thing to miss, huh?
He has lost 30 pounds so far. I'm sure his loss was so small this week because it was so huge last week, not that he wasn't trying. If that were the case, I doubt they would have kept him on. Despite the supportive nature, it seemed like if it had been Joelle up there she would be at home b/c they feel like she isn't as committed anyway. -I'm sure her friend was pissed to see that tonight since she has been working so hard at home.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #89  
Shooting for the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Wowwww... what a whole new side of Bob, eh? I was so surprised when he lost his temper. I understand the frustration at Joelle's perceived lack of effort, but I feel like he went way overboard. If I was Joelle, that would have demotivated me completely!
I probably would have burst into tears and looked like a blubbering idiot. She held it together though and she DID do it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #90  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

When Bob flipped out I was in shock but laughing. Joelle I feel isn't putting in the effort the others are. She only lost 2 lbs and it serves her right. I was crying that Jerry only lost 1 lb and had to go home but now he looks amazing. I'm happy Dan stayed because he really needs to lose the weight. I just hope his friend at home gets his act together. At least Joelle's friend is trying and she isn't even on the ranch. Joelle not fighting tempatation next week her friend is livid. I can't wait til next weeks episode.