The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #211  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

I missed last nights show, so can someone tell me who got voted off?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/199

Luckycharm,

I think it was blaine- it was one of the black team for sure.

Mercee,

I was thinking the same thing. It won't be surprising if she ends up with a big loss next week after the 2 pound gain this week. I think if you have immunity, you should lose it if you gain. That would stop the stupid water loading thing. Actually, I wish they wouldn't vote anybody off at all and they would all stay at the ranch the whole time.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #213  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharm View Post
I missed last nights show, so can someone tell me who got voted off?
It was Blaine. They went to a single team falling below the yellow line, and the others had to vote one person of that team off. Black fell below and Bob whispered to/ordered his team to vote out Dane. Blaine made a plea to send himself home because he had a newborn, missed his family, could do it at home, etc. Dane didn't say anything. After they left the room and the other teams deliberated, things got pretty heated and emotional. It became an issue of do they honor Blaine's wish to go home or do they go the gameplay route and vote out Dane because he's got more weight to lose than Blaine and has been doing a little bit better than Blaine weight-loss wise. Kristin and pink mother (her name escapes me right now) were still holding a grudge because of the gameplay elimination of Damien. They were like, oh, you did gameplay to us and now you're begging us not to do it to you? In the end, however, pink voted to send Dane home but that was it. Blue, purple, green and brown all honored Blaine's wish and voted him off. Yellow's vote wasn't shown.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 02-13-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #214  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Kristin and Tara both need to dial it down a bit. I think they are both cocky and think they know a lot. Mandi and Aubrey are getting on my nerves now. I was being really understanding with the whole missing your family thing, but after the way that pop challenge ended I was just really angry.
Oh, Bob is going to be sooo peeved when he finds out what his team did!
So much drama...
Old 02-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #215  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Thank you. Now I feel that I am caught up.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #216  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I had to explain the water loading thing to DH. He was in shock! I don't believe for a second that she really gained two pounds. I'm not sure what she was crying about except that I guess she was trying to keep up the charade. I really can't say that I wouldn't so the same thing in their shoes though. That's the way the game goes. Otherwise, why shouldn't they all have had to walk back? Supposedly they are ALL trying to lose weight you know?

I agree with keeping them all there. I don't think that ANYONE should leave. Supposedly they are trying to help these people. Why not see what they ALL can do for the entire time?

Last edited by Thin4Good; 02-11-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #217  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin4Good View Post
I don't think that ANYONE should leave. Supposedly they are trying to help these people.
For me that's Weight Watchers, not entertainment television.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #218  
Token Vulcan

I wonder when they are going to go into blue vs black shirt mode and who will end up deciding those teams. Bob's team still has all these huge guys. If I were someone on Jillian's side who got to decide, I would definitely break up blue team and put one of them on Jillian's side, probably Sione because he seems physically stronger. If Tara and Dane go down, I think Jillian's team may be dead meat...although I'm not really caring for the other three...but I do like Dane & Tara. And last night, I was actually thinking I halfway hope Dane wins the whole thing just to thwart Bob's obvious need to win.

Edited...hmmm...in the new TV Guide, it mentions on 2/24 "the new teams". So I'm thinking either next week or the week after they're going into black and blue mode.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 02-11-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #219  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin4Good View Post
I agree with keeping them all there. I don't think that ANYONE should leave. Supposedly they are trying to help these people. Why not see what they ALL can do for the entire time?
I think it would be great if they could all stay on the ranch, so if they got "voted out" that just meant they were out of the running for the money but they still got to stay. Wouldnt be good for entertainment probably but still.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I'm guessing it's next week that they're splitting, otherwise why only vote off one team member tonite. Why oh why couldn't the producers have moved that up by a week to last week when they knew silver was on the block. They could have kept Carla that way. Would have been good for ratings since she's so entertaining, as well as diversity. I don't think we've had a black person around for close to the end since Andrea did it in what - season 2? Would have loved to see her stay on - can't believe they didn't alter the plan since it's all about ratings, from what we've seen.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #221  
Token Vulcan

BTW, I noticed on 2/24 they cut the show to an hour because of the Presidential Address. The 2nd hour will be Wednesday, 2/25.

I was watching the bonus videos up at NBC's site. Mandi never told her husband she applied for the show; she didn't tell him she was leaving until the week before. So on top of him not really "getting it", he was pretty ticked off with how she went about it. Between that and all that stuff Jillian said to Mandi about her not having enough autonomy and some spouses don't support out of fear of being left behind, I'm getting the impression Rusty is kind of controlling and domineering. That bonus scene was actually uncomfortable to watch.

You know, I noticed last season that Renee was kinda one of the least focused upon, the least talkative at first. It was like she didn't really start to have the spotlight on her until she won that circular balancing challenge. I'm wondering if one of the reasons we don't see Dane saying much now is because he'll get more attention later on.

I also think, rather than showing less of Ron working out, they should show more. Instead of showing/telling us what Ron can't do, what about what he can? Don't they have exercises for people with difficulties and handicaps? That would be good information for viewers.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 02-12-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #222  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

trek - Yes show us more workouts of EVERYONE. I hate how they load the 2 hours full of commercials and really only show the last chance workout, and MAYBE another workout, never show us what they are eating unless it is an add or challenge. The adds in the show are SOOO cheesy. Seriously, the challenge can be done with only one commercial break, as well as the weigh in.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #223  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

OK, finally getting to read and post.

Bob - I dont think HE is the one putting the pressure on Mike, I think Mike is putting the pressure on himself and Bob was trying to help him face it. Mike was breaking down in fear mode "what if I cant what if I cant" and Bob was trying to get him in to FIGHT mode.

Him trying to dictate who to vote off is annoying though. He should just be a trainer. He underestimated how many parent/kid teams he had who were there for the kid, all of the parents except pink were prepared to sacrifice themselves later if given the opportunity and wanted to buy that support.

Tara - I dont care if she is mouthy, I like her. Better mouthy and backing it up. I like fighters who are willing to put themselves out there. I could see her going the way of Amy last season, she has such big numbers all the time and the second she has a bad week, BAM she is off. Laura needs to be slapped.

I miss that the overall biggest loser of the week doesnt get any perk anymore. I liked that.

I definitely think Kristin water loaded, who wouldnt? You still are losing weight and it keeps you there for 2 weeks.

I felt bad for Mandi's kids. I think it is more torture for them to see her for one day and then be separated again than to just stay away. I couldnt imagine leaving my kids for 3 months, but if I did, I wouldn't want to see them and leave again. That would be harder on them, easier on ME.

What is the deal with Aubrey? 1 week of bad weighing you could think TOM, but she basically has lost what 5 lbs since the first week? Is she eating off plan at the ranch?
Old 02-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #224  

Quote:
What is the deal with Aubrey? Is she eating off plan at the ranch?
I'd guess food issues as well. Evidently they feed themselves on the ranch--no official plan to follow.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #225  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I also like Tara. I think she's no less aggressive and competitive than Blaine was, or Felipe or Sione. Perhaps it's just my experience from working in a department that's nearly all male, but I find aggressive women get criticized more than aggressive men.

And I was also wondering if Tara indeed had become a little attached to Blaine.

I'd like Kristin & Cathy more if ... okay, this is going to sound superficial of me, but ... if they weren't what I call "Skunkheads." It's solely their highlighting job. I finally noticed Kristin's beautiful eyes, because someone on this board pointed them out. It's hard to tell because the contestants aren't often shot in movie star closeups, where you can see their faces in fine detail. I've often wondered about the grooming issues on the ranch. Do the women grow their hair a little longer, over time? Do they have access to stylists at all? The usual look ought to be simply sweaty, with hair tied up. Kristin was lucky in the last challenge that it simply involved holding up a bar because she had enormous bangle earrings on & I think in some challenges, they might be a bit dangerous.